AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 3: Redbull Ring - 14.03.18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 3: Redbull Ring - 14.03.18 @8PM

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017

ROUND 3 - Red Bull Ring

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 14 March 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 20 May 2018, 08:00
- Race start time: 20 May 2018, 09:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
Alright, I mentioned this in discord but to have it on record, properly, here it is. I will, unfortunately, not be able to make it to the this race as I will be out of town for 8 days. Good luck to all y'all out there and have some good fun.

• Informative
Reactions: Clank24401

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
I did yesterday a few laps under race conditions and managed to drive low 1:40s. But I think, there is still room for improvement, because the right tires didn't had any temperature. Just posting this to give a first clue about the pace until I spin out ;)

Reactions: fireflaai

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
I unfortunately won't be able to race this one as I'll be working nights but I'll be sure to catch it on one of your streams

• Informative
Reactions: Clank24401

Midweekcoma

Formula Karter
Feb 6, 2018
Thought I would ask about track limitations here as I know the game allows you too use the kerb/astro on exit of turn 1 turn 2 and the final corner. Will we get a penalty if we use it ?
● Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.
Just seeking clarity

Clank24401

Oct 31, 2017
Thought I would ask about track limitations here as I know the game allows you too use the kerb/astro on exit of turn 1 turn 2 and the final corner. Will we get a penalty if we use it ?
● Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.
Just seeking clarity
The game may allow you to go over the white line, but we do not. If you're found to be repeatedly abusing track limits, it is likely that you will be penalised. Basically, keep 2 tyres on track at all times.

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
The game may allow you to go over the white line, but we do not. If you're found to be repeatedly abusing track limits, it is likely that you will be penalised. Basically, keep 2 tyres on track at all times.
That's a shame though. I feel people are gonna go wide all over the place, mostly at the final corner. It just feels so natural for this track :p

Midweekcoma

Formula Karter
Feb 6, 2018
Thank you for the clarity

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
You can watch the replay afterward and make inquiries. ;)
I'm not gonna waste my time checking every corner of everybody of relevance. Plus, even if they go over the white line, there is no way that I can see how much they gained/lifted.

• Agree
Reactions: D.Brezancic

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I'm not gonna waste my time checking every corner of everybody of relevance. Plus, even if they go over the white line, there is no way that I can see how much they gained/lifted.
Well, don't complain then :)
PS: It's not your problem if the guy lifted or not. It's the steward task to check if the guy lifted enough or not.

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
Well, don't complain then :)
PS: It's not your problem if the guy lifted or not. It's the steward task to check if the guy lifted enough or not.
The way I see it, is that it's so much unnecessary work, when the current ingame penalty system is very good. I think that allowing 4 wheels off-track at a few corners is a good trade-off to eliminate any doubt and not waste our time to pointless ****. There are a few tracks in irl racing where driver go 4wheels off-track all the time where it's now just become standard to go wide. COTA 2017 is a good example, or hockenheim in DTM.

I'm not trying to convince the hosts to change it, because they wont. Rules are made and should be adhered to. This is just how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nagrom and Ironik

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Yeah, I get your point.
I kinda agree with you but I understand why they decided to stick with the AOR rules.

• Agree
Reactions: fireflaai

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
I cannot agree more, especially with this track + rain. I wish it would be more pragmatic and would be more strict for elite and less for AM.

For me it’s just fun and don’t want this turn to ‘you report me so I will report you’.

For me got the message, pass yellow sausage fully from left in T1 and don’t go to green T1, T2 and last corner. Will try my best. Good news I could see elite drivers still do great times following this rule.

Clank24401

Oct 31, 2017
The problem with allowing you to go off track at certain places is that is causes more problems than it solves. If we let you go all 4 wheels off at Turn 1, people would start saying 'How come you can do it at turn 1 but not 2?' 'Why is it allowed at RBR but not Silverstone?' and things like that. That's why we have one simple rule that applies to every corner on every track, the white line is the limit. That way no one can argue about it.

About the penalty system, in my opinion it was better in patch 3 than it is now. In patch 3, if you ran wide, you would have to slow down or get a penalty, it was that simple. The only problem was that the amount you had to slow down was too harsh. After patch 4, the detection isn't as good, you can track extend and get away with it. Even if you do get a slow down penalty, they usually disappear without you lifting at all.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
We all now the rules...and game...sometimes you can get away without penalty.
But, most important thing is:"Did someone gain time with cut/extend or it was just a mistake in entry/exit??
If it is a mistake, then no gain of course. How we are going to prove this, that is the question.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
We all now the rules...and game...sometimes you can get away without penalty.
But, most important thing is:"Did someone gain time with cut/extend or it was just a mistake in entry/exit??
If it is a mistake, then no gain of course. How we are going to prove this, that is the question.
That's pretty obvious, in my opinion.
If you countersteer for example.
If you didn't make a mistake and still think you're a bit off track, just lift the gaz pedal and you should be fine. :)