AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 4: Silverstone GP - 21.03.18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 4: Silverstone GP - 21.03.18 @8PM

Corne

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 14, 2017
@fireflaai Yes, that could be a concern. I have moved over to a wired connection the past week, that would be as stable a it could be? @AndrexUK @Clank24401 I could host tonight's practice to see if the connection is okay?

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
@Corne Your connection is more than good enough to host and stream. If you don't mind hosting tomorrow, that would be fantastic. (y)

Please make sure you set up the lobby correctly as stated in the lobby information thread, race thread and weather centre. I'll also need you to screenshot all of the qualifying and race results so I can update the standings. Thanks for your help.

About the disconnects, it seems that the host's connection has almost no effect, as long as your connection is stable then there is nothing else you can do. If they happen then that's just bad luck.

Corne

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 14, 2017
@Corne Your connection is more than good enough to host and stream. If you don't mind hosting tomorrow, that would be fantastic. (y)

Please make sure you set up the lobby correctly as stated in the lobby information thread, race thread and weather centre. I'll also need you to screenshot all of the qualifying and race results so I can update the standings. Thanks for your help.

About the disconnects, it seems that the host's connection has almost no effect, as long as your connection is stable then there is nothing else you can do. If they happen then that's just bad luck.
Check

Masesox

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 19, 2016
I will not be able to participate in this race as I have family engagements. I would much rather race with you guys but unfortunately that is not an option.

@Masesox You hosted Cota, are you able to host this one?
sure can. everyone join me in discord and we can sort out the lobby.
* no probs if @Corne wants a try

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
congratz to @Newy656 and @Smolda for managing to bring home 1st and 2nd.
I was looking forward to have a good race with you guys, but it was not meant to be since it appears someone has sent a hitman after me. Maybe next race will be better.

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
good race all ..sweaty race again though cheers guys :rofl:mad:tpmasta @Hetharion i didnt get a break at all:nailbiting:;).and when you spun it was half my fault i guess ...was gonna go a little wider but misjudged how far you rolled back on corner so sry to you too :).well chuffed with p5 but didnt feel i had the setup quite right to make any passes safely or keep up with top 3, 4...and note to self dont type while in race ....nearly binned it:rofl::rofl::rofl:
congrats to @Newy656 @Smolda @D.Brezancic ... :stig:s
and well done @areqq on the top 10(y)
ill upload my p.o.v. probably tommorow
on to road america!!!:joyful:

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
Grats to the podium spots! After the first 10 minute was loving life and thought I was on for a great result.

Wasn’t meant to be and I spun out unfortunately @Corne spun to and collected me a i was recovering, with a damaged suspension and aero I should’ve pitted straight away but tried to hangon

Turned out to be a big mistake and had to pit. Wasn’t the start I expected in my new team but hopefully the consistency will come, very inexperienced in this car and still working on how to set it up

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Comparing to my very short practice before this race - it was the best race in this season for me :D. Maybe this is the method - not to over-practice :unsure:
From P18 I finished on P10, avoided problems, damages and other ****. It was a chance to be 1-2 positions higher but I had to lift when slightly bumped @Fistopheles on T2 or T3, I don't remember - sorry mate for this. I was afraid of increasing ambient temps but happily it stopped in second half of the race and my pace allowed to control the gap up to the finish.

Congrats for podium spots and also for @eaZed neptune for TOP5 :)

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
Well I thought things were turning around, they did literally in the end! Managed to stay out of trouble to start with then as I tried to keep with @areqq I lost it, getting too aggressive on the kerbs in Becketts, cue my first visit into the Armco, limped back to the pits, a long pit stop later I pulled out and pushed too hard on cold tyres and brakes, back in the wall and the rest of the race chasing @CypherPrime and @F4H MaR4uDer until engine and aero damage just made the car a nightmare to drive and I decided to retire before an off ruined someone elses race.
Fingers crossed for a better setup next time out, although as it stands I'm strongly considering a swap to the Porsche

Reactions: WhiteGhost2000

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Hi All, great race last night (except for @firefly who limped to the finish line in 2.03s).

From my side, I finished 8th after starting from the back - 23rd. This was lots of fun for me and I enjoyed not getting overtaken. Just to note I put in a 2.02.4xx on my first quali lap but got disconnected causing my pedals to switch around (clutch was accelerate – I was like: what the eff?)

Thanks for restarting for me after my disconnect – I appreciate it!

Q1.jpg

I got into a nice rhythm and hit 2.04s each lap for the middle part of the race. Even ended up with the odd 2.03 myself.
10m.jpg 2m.jpg
Results.jpg
PS. I’m sorting my connection and will test it this weekend. Infrastructure is not as great for me here in Cape Town. I found out I was actually switching to 3G :(

• Winner
Reactions: WhiteGhost2000

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
Finally a nice result for me. On the first turn my tires were so cold I couldn't turn in, good that i didn't hit anyone. After recovering and couple people spinning out, I was P3 and trying to catch @Smolda but overcooked it a little bit and after recovering, I got back on track between @D.Brezancic and @eaZed neptune . sorry that i interrupted that battle. From there on I had to defend really hard against neptune and later on a bit again @Hetharion . I hope everything was fair with my defending. Unfortunately the replay didn't save...
Thanks to @Corne for hosting and congratz to the three guys in front of me. Nice race. See you at Road America

@Clank24401 if you still need photos of the result, I can send them to you.

Last edited:

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Very happy but a little surprised to get pole, have to say thanks to teammate @Midweekcoma who was on his out lap & I snuck up behind for a little tow

After the Tuesday practice race I realised my setup wasn't stable enough so had to make some major tweaks so going into the race it was fingers crossed I made the right changes.

With @WhiteGhost2000 missing & @fireflaai not on the front row I knew I had to try & capitalise starting on pole, But starting in 1st place didn't last for long with @Cravgar getting a great start from 6th taking the lead down the Wellington straight, unfortunately for him a spin gifted me the lead again

From then on I just concentrated on not making any mistakes (unlike I did in the first 2 races) with @Smolda staying around 3 seconds behind all race I knew 1 small spin would loose me the lead, I was getting pretty hot & sweaty in the Oculus by the end but super happy to get my first win on PC.

Well done @Smolda & @D.Brezancic for rounding off the podium.

I also have to say what an unlucky race @Corne & @fireflaai had because you both had some serious pace out there, had you both qualified at the front it would of been a different story for me!

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
Hi All. I need to admit you know how make entertainment. I couldn’t watch as losing connection all the time but each time twitch refreshed something new. First corner drama, need for speed by @Cravgar, conspiracy theory by @fireflaai, and documentary @fireflaai can fly (don’t how did you survive this), thriller by @Cravgar, trilogy with stewards by @F4H MaR4uDer and finally I’m the champion @Newy656

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
Hi All. I need to admit you know how make entertainment. I couldn’t watch as losing connection all the time but each time twitch refreshed something new. First corner drama, need for speed by @Cravgar, conspiracy theory by @fireflaai, and documentary @fireflaai can fly (don’t how did you survive this), thriller by @Cravgar, trilogy with stewards by @F4H MaR4uDer and finally I’m the champion @Newy656
THIS TIME, on air crash investigation, we investigated what caused the so called "banana ferrari" to suddenly go airborne and crash on the backstraight runway, causing the injury of one very angry race driver. Investigators are schocked by the results. Find out more after the break, on Discovery Channel.

• Burn
Reactions: PoL

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
It was interesting race....didnt manage to do better with qualy, just stucked with traffic....could be a little better qualy time :)
Race stated well, jump into 5th soon, then I think @tpmasta and @Corne had accident, so I took 3rd and just keep it to the end.
Also I had experienced a lots of stuttering during the race (could be nvidia driver as I read somewhere, just installed a new one, latest so will se). On the other hand, still cannot do my best lap times as I do practicing on my lobby....I was wondering why? Do you, guys have a same experience or its just me???!?!