AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 5: Road America - 28.03.18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 5: Road America - 28.03.18 @8PM

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017

ROUND 5 - Road America

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 28 March 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 15 July 2018, 17:00
- Race start time: 15 July 2018, 18:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Clank24401

Oct 31, 2017
Results and Standings are updated!

After an unfortunate series of events at Silverstone, @fireflaai 's dominant championship lead has all but vanished! Meanwhile @Newy656 and @Smolda were able to secure 1st and 2nd at the British circuit, which means there is now just 4 points separating the top 3! But don't forget about @WhiteGhost2000 , if he can consistently perform like he did at Austria, then we could be looking at a 4 way title fight at the end of the season!

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
Hope is nice but reality is that top3 started to form. I hope next race all top3 will be with 1 sec whole race. I wish all to battle hard next few races and not end up flying like @fireflaai. We could on his discovery channel, stewards forum, how easy race can be easy ruined.

More importantly we can see hudge improvements across all drivers. With flash of new talent during last race by our new speed racer @Cravgar who was so fast at opening but got a lesson RED car is not NSX.

Me, will try my best to have fun and learn as much as I can but haven’t finish any race without damage (my lack of skills). My goal for next is to finish on one piece, finally. I hope you all will help me with that ;)

Results and Standings are updated!

After an unfortunate series of events at Silverstone, @fireflaai 's dominant championship lead has all but vanished! Meanwhile @Newy656 and @Smolda were able to secure 1st and 2nd at the British circuit, which means there is now just 4 points separating the top 3! But don't forget about @WhiteGhost2000 , if he can consistently perform like he did at Austria, then we could be looking at a 4 way title fight at the end of the season!

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
Hope is nice but reality is that top3 started to form. I hope next race all top3 will be with 1 sec whole race. I wish all to battle hard next few races and not end up flying like @fireflaai. We could on his discovery channel, stewards forum, how easy race can be easy ruined.

More importantly we can see hudge improvements across all drivers. With flash of new talent during last race by our new speed racer @Cravgar who was so fast at opening but got a lesson RED car is not NSX.

Me, will try my best to have fun and learn as much as I can but haven’t finish any race without damage (my lack of skills). My goal for next is to finish on one piece, finally. I hope you all will help me with that ;)
I could do it last race. So you should be able to have it too, with some luck. ;)

• Happy
Reactions: WhiteGhost2000

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Is anybody else running 2.12 laps? I think i'll be back of the pack for this race my times are so off.

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
Guys, I felt I was running horrendously slowly round here, thanks to @WhiteGhost2000 I think I have the rythmn and flow of the track, trust me once you pick it up finding extra time becomes a lot easier. Patience seems to be key round here especially on some corners and slow in-fast out really starts to pay dividends!

Clank24401

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, agree with you there, finding the rhythm is very important around here, lots of places where you could easily lose time or go off track. I really need to get a good points finish this week, Dubai showed me that in clear air my race pace was as good as the leaders, only problem was I was 30 seconds behind them! Not gonna tell anyone what lap times I'm getting :p

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
Guys, I felt I was running horrendously slowly round here, thanks to @WhiteGhost2000 I think I have the rythmn and flow of the track, trust me once you pick it up finding extra time becomes a lot easier. Patience seems to be key round here especially on some corners and slow in-fast out really starts to pay dividends!
Anytime. It was pleasure to be able to help. It was just few laps together ;) If anyone would like see details I guess you can find it on @chasegaminguk twitch channel.

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
Yep, agree with you there, finding the rhythm is very important around here, lots of places where you could easily lose time or go off track. I really need to get a good points finish this week, Dubai showed me that in clear air my race pace was as good as the leaders, only problem was I was 30 seconds behind them! Not gonna tell anyone what lap times I'm getting :p
Competitiveness is going up. Top5 needs to score here. Mid-field go also opportunity to score :) great race ahead.

Guys just only remember this track takes victims. No much space to spin. Long straights will encourage divebombs. Miskate = damage. During practice one spin cost me 1.5min to pit and repair.

Your times are easy to predict 2:09.xxx +/- 2secs ;)

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
I changed my brake marker for turn 1 according to these track notes and managed to maintain high speed to turn 2 - gained a second or so on my lap time just from this:
Track Notes
Turn 1
– The best braking marker for turn 1 will be an access road on your left. Typically a good place to start braking is just at the start of that access road, but if we get the car working well I believe we will be able to get to the end of it. Arriving in 6th gear, going down to 4th gear here. Entry speed is the focus here, there is a ton of run off here, and while the curbs in the exit will feel aggressive we can use all of it. It will be important to find out what the track limit rules are here as you can gain time using more of it. Ultimately it is ideal if you can just kiss the inside curb, but if you focus too much on getting down to it you will overslow your entry.

Full notes here.

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
I changed my brake marker for turn 1 according to these track notes and managed to maintain high speed to turn 2 - gained a second or so on my lap time just from this:
Track Notes
Turn 1
– The best braking marker for turn 1 will be an access road on your left. Typically a good place to start braking is just at the start of that access road, but if we get the car working well I believe we will be able to get to the end of it. Arriving in 6th gear, going down to 4th gear here. Entry speed is the focus here, there is a ton of run off here, and while the curbs in the exit will feel aggressive we can use all of it. It will be important to find out what the track limit rules are here as you can gain time using more of it. Ultimately it is ideal if you can just kiss the inside curb, but if you focus too much on getting down to it you will overslow your entry.

Full notes here.
just a general tip for everybody. Remember that teal life racing and SIM racing are different. These tips are excellent, but don't copy the exact data like: "brake at this marker", or "lift for this corner".

If you want to go fast, you need to pratice and find YOUR ideal braking point, because It will be different, even if it's by a small amount. Even with different setups the braking point can be quite different between drivers, not to mention track conditions, braking style, brake pressure, ABS %, etc.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: D.Brezancic and PoL

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
just a general tip for everybody. Remember that teal life racing and SIM racing are different. These tips are excellent, but don't copy the exact data like: "brake at this marker", or "lift for this corner".

If you want to go fast, you need to pratice and find YOUR ideal braking point, because It will be different, even if it's by a small amount. Even with different setups the braking point can be quite different between drivers, not to mention track conditions, braking style, brake pressure, ABS %, etc.
Yeah, furthermore, Road Am is not laser scanned If I remember correctly.