AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 8: Circuit Zolder - 18.4.18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro Round 8: Circuit Zolder - 18.4.18 @8PM

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
yep, make sure to not set "real weather" but "real time" progression, with 2 weather slots.
one other fun fact about the "real-time" weather progression: it's random at which time in the race it transitions from heavy cloud to rain. it could be at 30min, could be earlier, could be later.
Also, it's simulating the clouds, so one part of the track could be dry, the other part wet. I just had that in a practice session myself.

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
@Marvin @Stephan How do you guys plan on enforcing the AOR track limits at the chicane? I predict there are going to be many close calls or violations there. The in-game penalty system had quite a big margin for error there.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@Marvin @Stephan How do you guys plan on enforcing the AOR track limits at the chicane? I predict there are going to be many close calls or violations there. The in-game penalty system had quite a big margin for error there.
Thanks for asking! We're expecting everyone to make an effort to follow the rules there. And if violations occur, we'll have steward inquiries to sort it out.

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Yeah track limits are gonna be a pain in the *** ^^
In the image below, I totally thought I didn't cut in cockpit view, but then checked the replay... :/
20180415143145_1.jpg

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah track limits are gonna be a pain in the *** ^^
In the image below, I totally thought I didn't cut in cockpit view, but then checked the replay... :/

(image)
Yeah the main reason why this points is specifically problematic, is because It feels natural to cut the second apex tight and the white lines extend a lot deeper than the actual bump. I have always disliked visual track-limits. A good track has natural track limits where you possibly cannot gain time by going off. We'll see how it goes this race.

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
I’m not going to lie, I’m struggling with this track so far, I just don’t seem to be able to get into a rythmn and some of the kerbs are just brutal, going to be an interesting one for sure!

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I’m not going to lie, I’m struggling with this track so far, I just don’t seem to be able to get into a rythmn and some of the kerbs are just brutal, going to be an interesting one for sure!
yep, not the easiest track. and some of the wider corners are difficult to get a good line. I tend to turn in too early on those.
Then there are 2 curbs that can randomly kill you. better to lift and avoid.

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
By the way guys be careful on pit exit when rejoining the track. It's a really weird and awkward exit right on the racing line.

• Agree
Reactions: Nagrom

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Braking points are a lot earlier than mines (I'm in the ferrari). Not sure if it's only because of the car or if it's because it's a different game.
Also, I'm not sure 1:29:9 is achievable in Pcars 2 with the GT3 cars ^^ Current best TT time is 1:30.6

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
my
Braking points are a lot earlier than mines (I'm in the ferrari). Not sure if it's only because of the car or if it's because it's a different game.
Also, I'm not sure 1:29:9 is achievable in Pcars 2 with the GT3 cars ^^ Current best TT time is 1:30.6
I don't think so too. my best is 1:32.4 with Q fuel load. But the I find there are some nice hints in the video regarding braking (force) and race line...

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik and Nagrom

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I guess a high 1:29 is doable for the best drivers out there. Without cutting (AOR style), I doubt it though.

EDIT: Looking at the video, it reminds me that I don't think the track is laser scanned in pCARS 2.
The first chicane seems much harder to take in pCARS 2 than in iRacing for example.

EDIT 2: Same for the 2nd chicane ^^

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
maybe this will help a little - I watched it before starting practising....

Thankyou! will give me something to try and get a bit of a flow going, tonight is going to be a night of churning laps as I'm pretty happy I have a stable setup now

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
a little practice for this one and a feel a little bit ill, but i will run and try to finish :)

Masesox

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 19, 2016
Doesnt look like i can continue with the league guys. Family stuff comes first. All the best for the rest of the season and maybe our paths will cross agian in the future

• Friendly
Reactions: Clank24401

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
I say this with a heavy heart, I suppose it's for the best though, I've chosen to retire from the league. When we first signed up we agreed that we intended to race a full season and I cannot stand by this statement any longer. Thus far I've missed two races but in the last 2 weeks it's become clear to me that I cannot practice the appropriate amount of time it would take me to be a safe competitor on the race track and I do not wish to be the cause of grief because of mistakes I'll inevitably make. It's been a good few races though and if my schedule opens up at any point I think I'll try racing in AOR again. So until then and keep it clean out there. @Clank24401

• Friendly
Reactions: Clank24401