PS4 - AOR GT3 S9 PS4 Semi-Pro Round 5: Road America - 28.03.18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S9 PS4 Semi-Pro Round 5: Road America - 28.03.18 @8PM

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Although lobby one Guys are able to run 2.07/2.08.. so clearly iT is not all game at fault
Yeah it's strange I don't know if it's a host issue or if people keep coming and going during qualifying that can cause issues, few of us in pro had frame rate issues, makes it hard to drive when the game goes to 2d

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
Read the post of reinaldo mentioning he had Simulair experience in elite middle stint slow as hell and good pace in the end Same as my experience, Might have something to do with the livetrack thing.

Anyway If conditions are the Same for everybody Congratzz to those who kept the car on the tarmac.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Read the post of reinaldo mentioning he had Simulair experience in elite middle stint slow as hell and good pace in the end Same as my experience, Might have something to do with the livetrack thing.

Anyway If conditions are the Same for everybody Congratzz to those who kept the car on the tarmac.
Mine was ok for the race 2night just frame rate and untested race setup was my downfall, but once you get back into the racing and putting track time in you will start to see the frustrating floors like we had with pc1, are ps4s are seriously out dated and with all the game info and live track stuff I don't think they can cope. Hence the problems and we seem to have them more on ps4 and Xbox 1 not much on pc but that's just my opinion

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Same thing here lads and in the AM people saying same. In practice i was doing low 2.09s in qualy and race pace at start was in high 2,10.s. Come Aor race i was 1,5 to 2 secs off that. Plus car was loose and oversteery, I set lobb setting s the same and practice online. I really think its a PS4 thing and it happens when you go from a lobby of 1 or a handful of people to a lobby thats nearly full. Anyway good luck.

Last edited:

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
In every race I've had more or less the same conditions and pace as in offline practice. I haven't experienced the issues you guys are talking about.

MarkDemand

Formula Karter
Mar 5, 2015
Great racing last night lads.

I've been struggling with my Logitech pedals recently. I'm pretty sure there is some dust getting into the sensors so every now and then the throttle or brake will come on when I'm not touching it. I spent 45 minutes before the race opening them up, blasting the sensors with compressed air to try and clear it out, vacuuming the sensors to try and pull the loose dust out and going over everything i could see with a cotton bud but it only partially worked.

Every run I did in qually was hampered by the brakes pressing themselves on the straights so started p9 but luckily they weren't too much of a problem in the race.

Had a good first couple of laps in the race, kept out of trouble and managed to get up to p4. I then spent the rest of the first half of the race saving tyres hoping it would give me pace in the second half of the race to fight for the podium. Managed to get up to P2 then my throttle stuck going round the long right hander, pushing me wide and leaving me 3 or 4 seconds behind 2nd place again. Thankfully my earlier tyre saving helped me at this point and I was able to close the gap and make the pass before the end of the race.

All in all I felt a hell of a lot more comfortable in the Porsche than I did in the Acura and felt I possibly had the pace to challenge for the win had I started higher up the grid.

I would say roll on next week but Longbeach sucks ass :lol:

Reactions: GTDevious82

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
In every race I've had more or less the same conditions and pace as in offline practice. I haven't experienced the issues you guys are talking about.
You'te lucky. I'm wondering if it's anything to do with my poor quality internet connection?

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
You Guys now how to upload YouTube vids in here, want to share ma race with You lads

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
You Guys practicing online or offline Might have something to do with that as Well..

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@pete day @Big-Kid-Daddy and me practise online. We all invite each other to races, so we've all set our own lobbies to the same as the leagues settings. We were all doing 08's in quali and 09's and 10's in the races we had. I found that early in the race mid 10's to 11's were the norm but after the mid point fast 10's and slow 9's were the pace. Yesterdays race I got a best 11.2 but most laps were in the 12's and 13's and the car got worse as the race progressed. I had no damage. Don't understand it?

Lewishamilton44

Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2018
I had similiar problems this week practice could do 2.08s on low fuel feeling comfortable with grip etc but in the race grip was 0 and rear was so snappy strange track

Reactions: chris130256

ToniLuzar58

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 20, 2018
Congrats to @ToniLuzar58 for the win. Were you running slower than in practise races?
Thx m8, i didn't push 100%, since i nailed setup for that track. Yesterday i could easily run laps in low 09 in the race but i didn't have to as i saw that my mid 10's are fast enough. What i yesterday experienced is that with two mistakes in first sector during qualys i was quite fast and i could improve time to 07.8 but after two qualy laps i went to pits and then on the end of the session i went on the track with full tank and just try to see where is my max. I eventualy got spinned so i knew what track conditions are and bassically drove in safe mode.

ToniLuzar58

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 20, 2018
Me too, it was just my errors that i wasn't better. But I learned from that mistakes and i setup my car for this race and as i saw worked for me great. Now i don,t know but if some of you are using setups from top guys which are on youtube i can tell you that this is not a great idea. Maybe are good for qualys but not for the race. I watched all Yorkies insiders guides for car setup which are on youtube and learned from them how to setup a car for my driving style.