AOR GT3 Season 8 - Announcement Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 Season 8 - Announcement Thread

Def

Staff Member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016

Hello fellow members of AOR :)

On this day, we are delighted to announce the return of the much-anticipated Season 8 of our Project CARS 2 Official GT3 Leagues!

Flaws in the online part of the game have prevented us from getting the league out sooner, as such we hope you understand the reason behind the delay. That being said, the 2.0 patch has brought a few fixes and while some issues remain in general, after testing we determined it should not affect the outcome of the season.

Moving to the league itself, a few changes are occuring in regards to time trials, driver placement and calendar most notably. I heaavily advise you to read the League Rules and Information threads to get familiar to the few changes from the previous game and seasons.

The very fact we will now race on a new game has two consequences for us staff members and you, the drivers: first, this season is seen as a testing ground with the aim to provide rock-solid seasons in the future, and second, we cannot take into account results from previous seasons too seriously; this is reflected on one hand by the shortened calendar, with 6 rounds over relatively stable conditions in order to allow us to assess the class balance of performance, and, on the other hand, a tweaked format of time trial, with the addition of evaluation races - those will play a greater role than Time Trials in terms of driver placement.
You will be able to find all the necessary information in the Calendar and Sign Up Thread respectively.

Also worth mentioning, driver feedback has been considered in regards to the points system classification, with now a greater gap between the first positions. We hope it will reinforce the importance of getting a win over your competitors while still rewarding consistency all the way down to 16th place. All league-related details are viewable in the League Information thread.

Last but not least, we're still looking for commentators! Send a private message to @YabbaTheHutt for PS4 and myself @Def for PC and Xbox One platforms with your preferred role - director or broadcaster - if that's something you are interested in. A solid connection is recommended, as such a speedtest would be welcomed as well.

But that's enough with the talk now! Do what you gotta do ;)

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Awesome stuff!
Question: Will the competitive license be activated in game?
(meaning, can we actually score good safety points from racing in AOR lobbies, which tend to be awesome and safe?)

Def

Staff Member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Awesome stuff!
Question: Will the competitive license be activated in game?
(meaning, can we actually score good safety points from racing in AOR lobbies, which tend to be awesome and safe?)
Not for this season :)

Def

Staff Member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
@Def how many tiers are you looking to organize? Newcomer to the GT3 scene so a rookie league would help
The numbers of tiers is linked to the number of sign ups.
For instance, in the last few seasons, we had 3 tiers ranking from Elite, to Pro and Semi-Pro. I expect more or less the same number of tiers this season. With our driver placement system, you can be sure you'll be seeded with drivers of about the same ability as yours. ;)

If you want a proper Rookie league with slower cars, feel free to join the discussion here. Now that GT3 have been announced, and Rookie social races organized, I reckon a Rookie league will soon be set up. :)

EpicGamerGizmo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Premium Member
Sep 27, 2017
Ok Project cars 2 is an awesome game to play and it sure is defend to F1. After playing a lot of tracks, laps and watching a few drivers I'm going to find the league very hard to do for sure. But I am up for the challenge. :)

Wise me luck ;)

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Just wanted to discuss one thing.. shouldn't there be a min Safety rating requirement for some of the Tiers? It could be a good complement in the evaluation process and assigning drivers to the Tiers.

When i'm racing online and browsing the public lobbies i never join any U or No safety rating lobbies anymore for the reason that there are too many U classified drivers in those and i wouldn't want that i'm the Tier i'm driving in.

Cheers

Chrisse1975

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 23, 2017
Just wanted to discuss one thing.. shouldn't there be a min Safety rating requirement for some of the Tiers? It could be a good complement in the evaluation process and assigning drivers to the Tiers.

When i'm racing online and browsing the public lobbies i never join any U or No safety rating lobbies anymore for the reason that there are too many U classified drivers in those and i wouldn't want that i'm the Tier i'm driving in.

Cheers
Good thoughts!

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016

Cheers
I see your point. I was on U myself, because whenever I tried getting it higher, was taken out in corner 1 by some crasher.
So I'm stuck, so to speak.
However, those are not the guys signing up for the leagues here. Also, steward enquiries and evaluation races take care of sorting out any dangerous drivers.
I would like to have the license enabled though, so I can get a better rating :)

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Why should he? He has i good record and seem to be quite a clean racer, right? Previous league racing records should be taken to consideration buf if there is a Tier with 26 new drivers everyone has a U rating what do you think is going to happen at the first chicane on Imola or Monza? The safety rating level is really a good thing in the public lobbies and could be a good complement for the leagues also.

Def

Staff Member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Why should he? He has i good record and seem to be quite a clean racer, right? Previous league racing records should be taken to consideration buf if there is a Tier with 26 new drivers everyone has a U rating what do you think is going to happen at the first chicane on Imola or Monza? The safety rating level is really a good thing in the public lobbies and could be a good complement for the leagues also.
This was an extreme example. Just like the one you used. At this stage, I'm not sure everyone has a rating that's representative enough of their skill.
Also, it seems unfair to me to assume that U rated drivers will crash at turn one.

With the procedure in place, composed of TT + Evaluation races, the safety rating can be overlooked.
Some people would like to see license enabled in the leagues, but as of now, it's not useful nor wanted.

EpicGamerGizmo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Premium Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello and just letting you all know. I have never played Project cars or Project cars 2 until like 4 days ago as I have been more into F1. So I'm going into this GT3 League for project cars 2 without a rating for sure. But i know I'm a clean racer and your see in the evaluation races and races to come. Most of the time I get nervous so that get the better of me in online racing. I am up for a challenge ;) just though I let you know