PS4 - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 7- Nordschleife - 24/8/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 7- Nordschleife - 24/8/16- 8PM BST

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 7 - Nordschleife
GT3 - Season 5

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 24th August 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 30 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 8 Laps (including the formation start)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 11:00
- Race start time: 11:00
- Race finish time: 13:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map at the bottom of the post.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Known absence:
@Play4Stefano
@Gary Waddell
@Bertman2015

@Joost
@Griff1894
@Tate

Last edited:
Reactions: zoglug

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Won't make the social race tonight but if anyone's broadcasting on YouTube let me know as I really want to see the times to see if I need to improve and if I do by how much. If no one is streaming though if the fastest times could be posted, that would be great :)

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Yeah I got 7.09 but can get below 7. On Monday I was testing different aero setups and using the time to see how far I can push the car on certain corners with changes on setup. I think you should be aiming for below 7 which can be easily achieved. i love this track to bits

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Really not looking forward to this race now. I still haven't been able to complete a full valid lap. It doesn't seem to matter how I drive, I am gauranteed to make at least one major mistake per lap, and of course once I have made one mistake I will make another two or three in the next few corners because the tyres are overheating. My best lap is a 7:19 but I average about a 7:45, I'm going to be lucky if I'm not lapped!

My only hope is that a lot of people don't turn up for the race for me to pick up a few points.

Bring on Donnington!

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
I've done a handful of laps and the best was a 7.16, I wouldn't say I know the track inside out yet though

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
The best advice I can give is to go slow in to a corner and try to be fast out. A single step wrong in a corner at Norschleife means that you will get punished with a spin, crash or penalty. As @machwebb said in mondays social: in the corners that you feel good with you can push harder, the corners you have problem with you go slower and safer. Don't chase fast laptimes, let the fast times come to you. And the best way to achieve that is to be "slower" but more consistent.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Struggling would be an understatement for me. Can barely get close to that 7 minute mark and when I attempt to push a bit I'm in a wall or get a penalty for a tyre on the grass... Or getting a 30000 second penalty for clipping the final corners barrier and I took a screen of it because it was literally unbelievable, if that happens in the race then it's race over lol

• Agree

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
This track is very tough on penalties...and unforgiving for slightest mistake!

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Not to mention this high risk of a disqualification for to many cut tracks :inpain: One guy did get a DSQ yesterday for that...

Reactions: zoglug

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
When i first did a race, I got dsq at the start of the second lap due to the number of cut track penalties!

Spent the morning trying various cars out round Catalunya and tried with no assists. Was good fun, i liked the M3 a lot but the stock setup seemed to generate a lot of oversteer. Didnt like to Corvette one bit and the Cadillac felt even worse! Thoroughly enjoyed the McLaren but that is the car I am using in my career so knew I would. Think i will try the Z4 later today.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
The M3 is very well balanced and quite easy to adjust to take away the "oversteering" you feel, which I don't feel with the default setup.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I had a blast last night. Even though I couldn't keep up with the front 3. I got two green laps in (first two where I also got a 6.58) and the rest were red. A lot of small mistakes and one combined bigger one. I had a few short cuts, a couple of spins without hitting anything, a few wall scrapers and one where I lost it and ended up with the nose pressed to the Armco (didn't hit hard though) but my chair came off it's stands (it's a normal office chair with wheels) and I had to repair before I drove on. Held off @YabbaTheHutt on the last couple of laps though and that's comforting.

One little advise for all. When You loose it - hit the brakes and keep braking till it stops completely. In most/many cases You can avoid hitting the walls this way as the car'll just spin and not suddenly weir of in some strange direction. This is the way that F1 drivers try to save it, and it works.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
but my chair came off it's stands (it's a normal office chair with wheels) and I had to repair before I drove on
A quick fix while still being on track, that's impressive...and funny as hell :rofl:

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
I did a 6:53 in the social but I know I can go faster than that. My internet gave up about 2.5 laps into the race so hope it doesn't do that next wednesday

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
After getting a decent amount of time and laps in today I can confirm that I am really struggling. My aim is looking like getting to the finish and hoping I'm top 5 at least. I am getting killed by cut track violations when its one tyre on a kerb or grass or I end up binning it and damaging the car. Quicker this ones over for me the better because I really don't like this one