PS4 - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 9- Bathurst - 7/9/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 9- Bathurst - 7/9/16- 8PM BST

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 9 - Bathurst
GT3 - Season 5

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 7th September 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 29 Laps (1 formation lap + 28 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 14:00
- Race start time: 14:00
- Race finish time: 16:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you're unsure as to where on the track these points are located, check the track map here.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x2 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Known absence:
@Joost

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Last seasons quali times in the Semi-Pro was from low 2:06 up to 2:26. I did a 2:11.501 in Pro league (last in quali), worked my way up to 6th place after 12 laps. Spun the car in the downhill section with the clutch set to manual, stalled the engine, didn't have "start engine" mapped to a button and retired to the pits... I want to do better this season!!!

Last year we had a special rule that I think was very good: It was NOT allowed to overtake in the uphill or the downhill section of the track, only on the top of the hill at the the 2 short straights between uphill and downhill. This because the track is like Monaco in this section, tight with walls nect to the track. And with 2 really long straights where overtaking is much safer I propose that we do the same this season.
Why don't you test the track and see what you think. Is this a good idea or not?

• Agree
Reactions: Play4Stefano

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
I am about to give the track a go shortly, but anything which makes the race safer I am all for!

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
Tough track this one, harder than Monaco for me, but vision is much better and I'm not suffering with head aches!

2:14 is my best lap after about 20 minutes of practicing, I'd like to get somewhere near 2:10 but the RUF just does not like the bumpy middle section!

Social thread to go up a little later!

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I was definitely unlucky last season - Not as much as @YabbaTheHutt though. Hit another car on first lap that was involved in a crash, where I had advanced a couple of places for mid field start. Didn't pit and suffered from aero-damaged for the next many laps - dumm mistake! I had the pace to do well and threw it away.

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
I plan on putting some more laps in later. Got about 30 in yesterday which was good, but cnsistency over the bumps is tough.

Best lap was a 2:11 and could go faster but means pushing more through the uphill and downhill section which is likely to result in a bad crash!

Novey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Its one of my favorite tracks but being consistent is so hard. I think you just have to ease off for that section :)

I can do quick laps here but key is just maintain same pace not trying too hard.

Last edited:

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
how is everybody getting on with testing for this track? I am in the 2:08s with race fuel atm and I have managed 10 laps in a row at that pace with out crashing :D

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Had my first race in Bathurst few monts ago in Italian GT4 League with Ginetta. It was very hard because race time was sunset then night. I did some mistakes, hit walls many times till i broke both lights and did last 10 laps completely blindly, just following stars in the sky...
My previous experience in Bathurst and Monaco says to drive carefully then stay on the line even if you have to go slow.
As @YabbaTheHutt said I'm agree about overtaking sections rules, that s becuse the risk to ruine the race is very high.

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
how is everybody getting on with testing for this track? I am in the 2:08s with race fuel atm and I have managed 10 laps in a row at that pace with out crashing :D
2.10s at the moment. Still working on setup though

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
I managed to get a few laps in tonight and my best was a 2:10:285, I averaged about 2:11's mostly. There's a left hand bend in the top of the mountain that I always lose the back end on so I'm really slow around there at the moment. I'll be lucking if I can do half the laps without spinning!

zoglug

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 22, 2016
I managed to get a few laps in tonight and my best was a 2:10:285, I averaged about 2:11's mostly. There's a left hand bend in the top of the mountain that I always lose the back end on so I'm really slow around there at the moment. I'll be lucking if I can do half the laps without spinning!
I lose it on a left hander just as you start descending again! Not good. Somehow managed a 2:08:9 over the weekend but I seem to have settled to 2:10 - 2:12 a lap.

I am comfortable in the first half of the track, but once you crest and the cars weight shifts forward grip is at a prmeium in the RUF.

Gary Waddell

1-time AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Jun 18, 2016
Put in some practice last night, I'm feeling much more comfortable on the track now. Im going to predict further improvement and a pole time of a low 2:06