PS4 - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 9- Bathurst - 7/9/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round 9- Bathurst - 7/9/16- 8PM BST

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
I'm not even posting times on here after last week's foggy nightmare!

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Delaney @RacingAtHome @Wolverine_111001 @Barker95 @Slacker_1980 @Joost @Xenomorph79 @Bertman2015 @Tate @Gary Waddell @zoglug @Griff1894 @Play4Stefano @Archie619 @Ashley @NumptyNed

Just remembered that I should have posted this earlier...
Thanks to the fact that the track is very narrow I suggest that we don't overtake each other in the uphill section or the downhill section of the track. It is very easy to hit a wall, spin and stop all traffic. My suggested areas of no overtaking is:
From corner 3:
Project CARS_20160902220206.jpg
Up to the top of the mountain where there is to small straights with a bit more room:
Project CARS_20160902220257.jpg
At the sign where the downhill starts, No overtake:
Project CARS_20160902220407.jpg
After the downhill section we can start to overtake each other again:
Project CARS_20160902220446.jpg

So what do you think? Does this kill the racing or does it help to keep us from crashing?
PLEASE GIVE THIS POST A THUMBS UP IF YOU AGREE OR A THUMBS DOWN IF YOU DON'T AGREE!
Will put up a post with the decision tomorrow just before 7.

Griff1894

May 28, 2016
Both. It kills the racing and keeps us from crashing. Thing is, we'll crash anyway if somebody makes a mistake. If there's a reasonable opportunity for an overtake, i'll go for it. If it's not banned by regulation, I'm still going to look at that as an opportunity when it's realistic.
Didn't even know you were still racing mate!! Will you be at the DTM tonight?

@YabbaTheHutt I think weve just got to be sensible and not chuck crazy moves at each other through there. Like racing at home says if someone makes a mistake it might be harder to not overtake than overtake! But, I'll go with the majority

Bertman2015

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2015
Ah guys was so up for this after moving. Love Bathurst. Sadly Virgin media have let me down I have no broad band to speak of. Sorry for short notice was really wanting to give them a chance to fix it. Sorry. Enjoy everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Ah guys was so up for this after moving. Love Bathurst. Sadly Virgin media have let me down I have no broad band to speak of. Sorry for short notice was really wanting to give them a chance to fix it. Sorry. Enjoy everyone.
That's a bummer :( Hope that it will get sorted soon;)

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
I had another go last night as PSN was down and I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about my pace, its just consistency that's going to be my problem again. I'm going to hit the walls a couple of times in the race but hopefully I will avoid any major damage. :bag:

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
No idea about setup... :(
here's my McLaren set up from last season.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/243173650

Conceptually it was a compromise. Had to go for top speed first with aero, gears etc 181mph but then I had to make it kinda soft (particularly rear sway) and slowed the steering rack down to cope with 'the Dipper'. I was making so many mistakes at that corner, that once top speed was sorted, I went for a set up that helped specifically with that corner so I could minimize the chance of a mistake in the race. That proved to be decisive and worked for me. Last season was no assists so ignore brake settings, and although my engine didn't blow up, I probably should've open up the Radiator a bit!!

Last edited:
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Goliatoh

Reigning AOR PS4 Formula Renault 3.5 Champion
Mar 8, 2016
Yes, it s my main source for setups but in this case car is very instable, maybe in free practise tonight i could improve
Hi mate,
try with Tony´s setup, is very stable downhill.

You can try also with the default setup, changing cambers to -0,9 and toe angles to -1,+2. Aero 0-3. With this setup a 2,01 is possible.

Goliatoh

Reigning AOR PS4 Formula Renault 3.5 Champion
Mar 8, 2016
FOrget it if you dont drive a Mclaren, I saw Mach post and I thougth you were driving a Mclaren.
With the z4 I have no idea, sorry.

• Friendly
Reactions: Play4Stefano

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
There will not be any "restriction" on overtaking in the mountain section of the track. So, be careful in the race ;)

Tate

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 12, 2016
Guys I'm stuck in traffic at the moment, returning from a training course, o don't know of I Wil be back in time to race. Satnav is advising I'm an hour away but I will update. Not had much luck of late

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Guys I'm stuck in traffic at the moment, returning from a training course, o don't know of I Wil be back in time to race. Satnav is advising I'm an hour away but I will update. Not had much luck of late
Luck doesn't seem to be on your side no... An invite will be there for you if you make it home in time :)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Results and standings updated. As always; please check so I haven't missed something.

I do hope that things cools down at work so that I can get back to serious practise again. About 90 minutes practise before a race is way to little for me...

Congrats to the podium boys and to the rest of us that finished :lol:

Griff1894

May 28, 2016
absolutely bouncing with that result. Only 0.2 off Archie in qualy to start 3rd and mixing it with the 2 big boys (who should be kicked out of the league by the way ;-) until I gave Gaz too much respect while trying to pass him into 1st, dipped a wheel on the grass and had a nasty incident. Really sorry whoever that was who I took with me, my reply is all jumbled up.

Got suspension damage but not a problem I'll sort it at the pit stops, oh no, I could run that race twice without pitting for tyres (great rule that).

Fought back to 3rd and was gratefully let through by my team mate to have a go at Archie and stefano I think (nice drive if it was). Couldn't catch up though and the mountain was like driving with 3 wheels the more the tyres wore. Eventually 2nd place pitted which left me 20 seconds behind Archie.

Last few laps had a flying xenomorph and Gaz to content with who were catching me fast but with 2 laps to go thought I had it covered. Managed to survive the ballsy-est dive down the inside from both of them after the last long straight and drove to the chequered flag with my chin on the floor! Did not see that move coming at all!

Well done Archie and everyone else who got round, that was very tricky. Delighted with 2nd after missing Nordschleife and that disaster at donnington, was starting to get a bit downhearted!