PS4 - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round11- Hockenheim - 21/9/16- 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League S5- Round11- Hockenheim - 21/9/16- 8PM BST

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I did a few laps tonight and got some low 42's in race conditions. When I wasn't getting short-cut-penalties that is.
I have absolutely no problems with my fronts getting to hot or wearing of. If a set get's too hot it more likely to be the rears. I just might have to reduce the oversteer a bit.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'm trying, but I can't promise anything. I know I'm very unstable, but at least I'm stable at that :depressed:

God I hate that sun coming into my eyes.... It just means braking and turning almost blindfolded:nailbiting:.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
To be fair I've been massively helped by @Gary Waddell missing races. It would be a lot different had he made the races he missed but happy to wrap it up.

Might try some experimental strategy since the pressures off a little. Just need to do some final set up work this afternoon to shave off a few more tenths and try get my tyres under control or I will most likely need to visit the pits for fresh rubber at some point.

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
To be fair I've been massively helped by @Gary Waddell missing races. It would be a lot different had he made the races he missed but happy to wrap it up.

Might try some experimental strategy since the pressures off a little. Just need to do some final set up work this afternoon to shave off a few more tenths and try get my tyres under control or I will most likely need to visit the pits for fresh rubber at some point.
you're assuming its going to be a dry race then?

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
I'm almost hoping for rain as I will probably have to pit for new tyres, at least with rain everyone will have to pit!

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
IF I join tonight I'll deffo be hoping for dry. I'm slow enough as it is but I might NOT have to pit, as I have my tires under control :cigar:

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
Gutted we had a poor show for race and then as soon as the race starts my wheel starts shaking madly whenever i turn an inch. I pitted hoping this would help and it didnt so i retired. It was fine in quali and practice which is strange. I had decent pace for this race as well

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Gutted we had a poor show for race and then as soon as the race starts my wheel starts shaking madly whenever i turn an inch. I pitted hoping this would help and it didnt so i retired. It was fine in quali and practice which is strange. I had decent pace for this race as well
I've heard others talk about that bug! Almost no ffb in the straights and tons of it in the corners. To bad :(

Reactions: Barker95

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Quali - 1st: Totally happy with the lap, one of my quickest I had done.

Race - 3rd: I'm going to call this one a fun disaster. Built up an early lead then chucked it into the wall after turn one. Limped round to the pits. Worked myself back up to 2nd again only to once again chuck it into the exact same wall. Once again to the pits and this time kept it cool around turn one and began firing in some strong laps. Had a little battle with @NumptyNed and another with @Play4Stefano where I took a chance and passed heading into the stadium section. @Wolverine_111001 looked to be struggling with tyres a little as I got passed him and then it was 13 seconds to @Xenomorph79 with 10 laps remaining. Got the gap down to 2 seconds with 2 laps and I thought to myself I might have a chance on the final lap but I messed up braking points which allowed the gap to increase a little. Still impressed I got it so close at the line considering I had about 2 seconds to make up.

Not my best race result wise but it was fun having to make so many overtakes and fight my way back through. Congrats to @YabbaTheHutt on the race win

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Results and standings updated.

@Archie619 has won the championship. Big congrats to you :lol::lol::lol:
@Gary Waddell is in second, 21 points ahead of @Xenomorph79 (35 points to the winner...)
I'm 4 points behind @Xenomorph79 so I need to be 2 places ahead of Xeno to get that third place...and at the same time Xeno must win and Gary not finishing better than 9th to get 2nd. It will be a very interesting race :stig:

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Firstly congratulations @YabbaTheHutt you deserve that, nice one mate and congratulations @Archie619 (Moe won't be happy!)

As for the race, I hate hockenheim and everything about it! Couldn't do it in f1 games, couldn't do it in the dtm earlier in the season and couldn't do it here! Sniff a curb and you're in a wall and unfortunately I'm not talented enough to not touch one for a whole hour!

I've also developed a deeproblem hatred for the mclaren! I've just read on the forum some where that it's a great car to build confidence in but once you have that and start pushing it it understeers everywhere, which I think has happened to me as I'm starting to go backwards as the seasons gone on. Understeer on entry, mid corner and exit! Horrible!

@Barker95 i also had wheel issues myself tonight. Warm up race on the grid the wheel just full locked right and I had to do a 3 point turn on the grid (@Wolverine_111001 thanks for letting me back through), then all ffb died which for once I know wasn't about overheating because it had been fine for the whole of practice and qualy. Team mutinys mechanics are in for extra training in the morning

• Funny
Reactions: Barker95

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 2nd
Almost the fastest I ever done. Really pleased with that!

R: 1st!!!
Can't really believe how this race unfolded. Got off to an ok start behind @Archie619 , was under serious pressure from @Barker95 for the first laps. Then got a little bit of breathing room, around 2 seconds. Got in some good laps and the gap down to the new guy in 3rd, @Xenomorph79 increased little by little up to 5-6 seconds. The gap also increased up to Archie and it wasn't long until it was over 15 seconds. Then, all of a sudden, the time up to Archie dropped rapidly (read his report to see why) and I overtook him when he was in the pits. The gap down to Xeno was constant around 6 seconds when reaching halfway in the race. He pitted on lap 18. I didn't know if I should pit or not at the end of lap 19...took another lap and decided not to pit. I had 50 seconds down to @Play4Stefano and the gap to him was staying around that so I stayed out. I probably could have gone to the pits and still remaining in 1st but I stayed out. The last 12-13 laps it was Xeno who was behind me but not catching me too fast for me to be worried. In the end I was 20 seconds ahead over the finishing line for my first win. So bloody pleased with that :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Congrats to @Xenomorph79 for his first 2nd place finish, to @Archie619 for the 3rd place and winning the championship and finally to @NumptyNed for his 4th place which is his best result :lol:

The last showdown will be at Sonoma. Haven't done to much driving there to be honest but I know that it is a bit "slippery". A lot can happen there :nailbiting:

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Barker95 and @Griff1894
Have you tried to connect your wheel to a PC and see if there is upgrades available? I did it with my Thrustmaster and it helped out quite a lot (no more invisible walls and the cooling fan starts earlier).

• Informative
Reactions: Griff1894

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Had a good pace in first part of the race even if my front left tire was around 110C° .. I planned a pit stop at half race but tyres wear was very good so i decide to stay on track. I was 2nd.. then 3rd.. then spun 3 times and had 2 cut penalties :(
In the last 10 laps I tried to manage tyres but lost around 5 seconds a lap so @NumptyNed and @Wolverine_111001 overtake me. To finish in the best way... I spun in the last corner in the last lap giving to @Griff1894 6th position :mad:
I like Hockenheim but this race annoyed me.. no battles.. just the emotion to run few laps in P2.

See you at Sonoma

P.S. What about a new season? work in progress?!