PS4 - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League - Season 5 drivers review. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Semi-Pro League - Season 5 drivers review.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Here you can share your thoughts on GT3 Semi-Pro season 5.

What was good/not so good? Did you choose the right car? Best race etc.

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
What was good:
First of all fairplay.. then drivers performance was more or less balanced I think everyone had a chance to do a podium
Excellent season organization and staff, perfect timing for each event, no race started late

What was not so good:
I don't like drivers who sign up then join just few races or just half season..
I love simulation.. was OK to allow driving assist for beginners as me.. but I prefer to challenge with wheel users, no joypad

Car selection:
Z4 was the right choice for me, I think is the best for beginners. I would like to stay with Z4 for next season because I m confident, but maybe I will change with Audi or Mercedes

Best race:
Monza for my first ever podium and battles with gary and archie
Monaco for spectacular night scenario
Road america for rain conditions

What I suggest/ I would like for next season:
Open a thread for each race about car setup to help beginners
Tyre wear 1x all the season but with mandatory pit stop
More race with hard weather conditions or 2/3 slots, night..heavy rain.. thunderstorm.. sunshine/sunrise

The dream:
One race live with commentary as fisifan in PC elite League
One endurance race.. maybe 2.4H Le Mans ?!

Was a great season guys, hope to meet everyone soon ans start a new challenge! (y)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
What was good:
A reserve driver winning the title with the pad and no wheel lol Being serious though was a lot of good close fair racing. We had a good bunch of racers who were all fair and there were no arguments or trouble makers in the group. It was a pleasure racing with everyone.

What was not so good:
Only downside I can think of is the numbers we had at the end of the season where we would have 6-8 drivers per race. I realise everyone has their own lifes to lead and that comes first but I feel things might have been a lot closer and different had everyone made more races.

Car selection:
The BMW Z4 was the best car for me. With the pad its the easiest car to handle and understand the car setup. Made it fun to practice and learn the car/tracks and most likely ill be picking it again in S6

Best race(s):
Nordschleiffe for the challenge and witnessing @NumptyNed on his epic final lap
Sakitto for my first win of the season which I didn't expect to get having been slower
Monza since its my favourite track to race on
Road America for the conditions and showing myself I can actually race in the wet
Monaco at night for obvious reasons.

What I suggest/ I would like for next season:
No changing rules mid-season. I liked the 2x tyre wear for the added challenge and thought it was a shame it had to go. Whatever rules are made at the start of the season should remain as everyone knew before they signed up what it would be. Next season I like the idea of a mandatory pit stop to be taken. At least it adds a little bit of strategy to the race

Personal Thoughts:
I would like to thank @Gary Waddell for being an amazing teammate. We worked well as a team throughout the season and pushed each other to go faster at every track. We even raced very fairly and closely at times, taking out the last race since that was just a freak coming together lol I hope Toto finds me a good one for next season

Also to the racers who I have spoken to over the season its been a pleasure racing and talking to you all and hopefully a couple get promoted up to Pro to join me next season. After all I might be recruiting for a teammate lol

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
What was good:
Racing you guys have been a total blast. You are all great and you made my first season as a coordinator very easy (y)
I really hope that all of you will return for more racing here at AOR!

What was not so good:
The drop out after the summer break wasn't fun even if I know that is quite common to loose drivers during the season.

Car selection:
I did really, really enjoy the M3. It would have been even better if the damn thing had ABS... I picked the M3 because I do all other racing without assists but racing you guys without ABS was tough. After Monaco race I finally realized that the car works better if you try to do a setup that fits the track :wideyed: Before that I used a "standard setup" on all tracks...did not work!

Best race(s):
Sakitto: 5 drivers within 2 seconds across the finishing line :woot:
Brno: My first ever podium. And also the race where I used a "real" setup.
Dubai: Summer holiday, plenty of time to practise. Did just over 500 laps for practise! Finished 2nd.
Nordschleife: Lap 7...my best racing experience ever, being chased by @Archie619 :stig:
Hockenheim: My first ever win. Besides that, a very boring race...
Sonoma: Because it felt like a track that gives very close racing. Tight all the way to the finish.

Personal Thoughts:
How fast can 13 weeks go? It wasn't long since I tried to answer the questions you had before the season started and now it's already over... I am sure gonna miss you guys. Hopefully there will be some socials or other fun races where we can battle it out again. And feel free to put a social up yourself in the PCars Community events :joyful:

Finally, again: Thanks for making my first season as a coordinator such a blast :lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: NumptyNed

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my first season racing, we had a great bunch of drivers and I don't think anyone took anything to the stewards once.

My highlights were first race in catalunya where I had no idea what to expect and ended up having a great 4 way battle and bathurst springs to mind where I was genuinely on the pace at a track I really enjoy and ended up finishing

I'm not going to mention the T word but I will say that after theach change I had a couple of very uneventful races especially at monza which just bored me but had an absolute thriller at sonoma last race so it's swings and roundabouts I guess.

Had some really good battles throughout the season but I would like to make a special mention of what turned into a bit of a rivalry with @Play4Stefano. He was like a bad smell to me during the first half of the season! Despite sometimes out qualifying him by a couple of places sometimes he always seemed to manage to get in front of me at the start somehow and he proved to be very difficult to overtake at times!

As for the car, in its defense the mclaren suited me perfectly at the beginning of the season but as I started to gain confidence and push harder we grew apart to the point where I now despise her! I am already looking forward to the new season in new wheels.

Once again congratulations to @Archie619 for winning the championship and see you all in the new season!

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Had some really good battles throughout the season but I would like to make a special mention of what turned into a bit of a rivalry with @Play4Stefano

It Was the same for me, Griff was my best rival, many times our performance was balanced so my goal was to finish the season in front of him... but I didn't.
@Griff1894 I ll be pleased to have you as my team mate if we have another season ;)[/USER]

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Had some really good battles throughout the season but I would like to make a special mention of what turned into a bit of a rivalry with @Play4Stefano

It Was the same for me, Griff was my best rival, many times our performance was balanced so my goal was to finish the season in front of him... but I didn't.
@Griff1894 I ll be pleased to have you as my team mate if we have another season ;)[/USER]
That could be cool but I'm looking at running the corvette and you want to stick with the z4 don't you?