PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R10: Dubai Autodrome GP 31/05/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R10: Dubai Autodrome GP 31/05/2017 @ 7:45pm

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Round 10 - Dubai Autodrome GP
GT3 - Season 7

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 31st May 2017
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 39 Laps (1 formation lap + 38 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slot:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 17:00
- Race start time: 17:00
- Race finish time: 19:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map here.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
Wait for it.... What's the benchmark ? :angelic:

DozerKitty

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 20, 2015
Due to work, I will, sadly, be out of this one as well. Hope you guys have a good race! Love this track.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
People are just dropping like flies! :nailbiting:

StevieP

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 5, 2017
I still have project work to finish, the same reason I missed last week sorry guys but best of luck around this amazing circuit

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
Hopefully we will have something close to full grid in the last race.

areqq

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Sorry for to late info but I cannot race tonight. My stomach is on strike :-/

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
P5
A bit disappointing, because having too much downforce was losing me 0.5 seconds each lap. However, I think that I am happy with the result. Looking forward to the next race. Keeping all the good words and long speeches for the last race of the season :). But I will say Congratulations @Painfulstorm for getting his 1st win this season !(y)

Mar 10, 2017
Q6
R11

well didnt had much time to practice 2h or sth like it so wasnt expecting to much anyway
dont know how but made my best lap on this circuit right in the first qualy lap and it got me p6 (even though i hoped for 2nd row till 20 sec before end of session^^)

in the race i dont know many cars around me always put me off have to get some training @Masesox who took me right off the startline last 3 or 4 races^^
so tried to find my rhythm but even after i finally had to let @dr_green go it was just awful driving

masesox seemed to get some problems and i slowly caught up but whenever i got in front i was all over the place and after a little moment between us where i unfortunatly got a cut penalty as well @RichardTrickle took both of us

so i plead for halftime and got in as early as possible didnt had my tires changed to dry ones (heard i wasnt the only one^^) so lost some time there but as always 2nd stint rhythm found and i could do some good consistent laps managing my way past masesox again and ron steel as well who was on a zero stopper i asume
actually i spun once which in the end was the time i missed out on catching richard again as well

so yeah 2nd stint lets me look hopeful for our last race

congrats @Painfulstorm huge improvment in the 2nd half of the season and now finally consistent to take the victory lap
and congrats to the rest of the field as well
this was the first race without any retirement or dsc :)

EdCherie

Pro Karter
Dec 29, 2016
Q - 1st
R - 2nd

Came from a little break that even forgot the password of the server :D Anyway, the track was ok, raced here on NFS Shift but here, of course, it is different. Anyway, did not think that my time will be close to top 3 as my friend was doing 2s faster laps and before I was much closer than this. Took first by an inch, probably even less than that. Race start was ok, caught @Painfulstorm of guard so got a bit of a lead in first corners. Got some airborne time from @Saytex but it seems he suffered more from that than me. First full stint reminded a bit Silverstone but here it was much more intense. Eventually, teammate @JasonC took the lead in the first corner and view laps later @Painfulstorm took 2nd. Tried to keep up with them throughout the stint until lap 19 or 20, now not even sure, have decided to pit as the first sector was starting to feel very painful. But tyres gave up after middle straight in braking and got small spun after, but that cost me good 5s. Got into pits, made mega lap after but leaders were still in front. The rest of the time tried to push, keep doing consistent good laps, hoping for a @Painfulstorm mistake, but he had insane tempo there. Congrats to @Painfulstorm totally deserved victory. Good to see that the middle pack guys that were much slower than the leaders in the first half are now fighting for podiums all the time. Unfortunate for @JasonC thought we can take at least double podium this time.

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
Great race and congrats to the guys on the rostrum. First two and last two laps were racing laps for me. And I loved it!!!
Big thanks for @TicklishPicklewickle for running the show. You did a great job, hope you won't forget my name in the season standings ;)
Loved the whole season and it is too bad a lot of guys couldn't make te last races. Next season I will be more prepared, more experienced and more eager to catch up. :stig:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'm sorry. I'll quit my job at once!
Ah no worries mate, I totally get it.
It's more the fact that for the very first race, literally all 26 drivers was there. We were only 14 people tonight and I for sure know that all 12 people haven't told me they couldn't come. I appreciate the drivers that tells me they can't race, but more and more people are not telling me :p

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Great race and congrats to the guys on the rostrum. First two and last two laps were racing laps for me. And I loved it!!!
Big thanks for @TicklishPicklewickle for running the show. You did a great job, hope you won't forget my name in the season standings ;)
Loved the whole season and it is too bad a lot of guys couldn't make te last races. Next season I will be more prepared, more experienced and more eager to catch up. :stig:
Remember the season isn't quite over yet. We still got the Snetterton re-race next week. But thanks for the kind words! I've enjoyed it so far, you guys are all some wonderful lads to drive with/coordinate <3