PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 05/04/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 05/04/2017 @ 7:45pm

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Round 3 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
GT3 - Season 7

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 5th April 2017
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 50 Laps (1 formation lap + 49 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Light fog/Hazy

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 07:00
- Race start time: 07:00
- Race finish time: 09:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map here. NO TRACK MAP

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

Saytex

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Formation Point and Acceleration Zone: imgs are not showing

Saytex

Jan 16, 2017
still dosent show in thread but in comment it shows

Brandarous

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2016
Hey guys. Just a couple of tips for the first race where a pitstop is required.

I read in the Monza thread that some of you refueled during the pitstop. That is not necessary. You take fuel for the hole race and ONLY change tyres during a pitstop. The extra weight that you cary the first half op the race is faster than standing still in the pit and waiting for you tank to fill up. Because you got enough fuel, you can do a under cut or a over cut. Track position is very important on this track.

Make 2 pitstop stategy's. 1 to change tyres, and fix damage and 1 to only fix damage. Make sure that the tyre 1 is the 1 on top. When you got damage and you need to pit for that, but you are not in your pit window, it can save you 16s.

To prepare for the race, train with other ppl in the aor league. Try to learn trailing another car or defending your line in a clean mather.

Also do not be ashamed to ask for setup help from the higher tiers. If the higher tiers are willing to help, they will help. I'm also helping 2 other guys in the pro tier and my setups apparently work for them :wacky:.

Here are 3 useful links: pCars Profiler (gives you the telemetry of the car and track. Good for setting up the car.) Crew Chief (your man that tells you if some1 is next to you, what times you are doing and so on) THE site for setups on pCars!!!

Hope these tip will help you all. You are here to learn and hopefully we will see some of you in the higher tiers in the near future.

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@JaPre will not participate in this one. @Ron Steel you got a seat. Let me know if you can race?

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hey guys. Just a couple of tips for the first race where a pitstop is required.

I read in the Monza thread that some of you refueled during the pitstop. That is not necessary. You take fuel for the hole race and ONLY change tyres during a pitstop. The extra weight that you cary the first half op the race is faster than standing still in the pit and waiting for you tank to fill up. Because you got enough fuel, you can do a under cut or a over cut. Track position is very important on this track.

Make 2 pitstop stategy's. 1 to change tyres, and fix damage and 1 to only fix damage. Make sure that the tyre 1 is the 1 on top. When you got damage and you need to pit for that, but you are not in your pit window, it can save you 16s.

To prepare for the race, train with other ppl in the aor league. Try to learn trailing another car or defending your line in a clean mather.

Also do not be ashamed to ask for setup help from the higher tiers. If the higher tiers are willing to help, they will help. I'm also helping 2 other guys in the pro tier and my setups apparently work for them :wacky:.

Here are 3 useful links: pCars Profiler (gives you the telemetry of the car and track. Good for setting up the car.) Crew Chief (your man that tells you if some1 is next to you, what times you are doing and so on) THE site for setups on pCars!!!

Hope these tip will help you all. You are here to learn and hopefully we will see some of you in the higher tiers in the near future.
Great advice and very nice of you to share. Could you also say something about Team Speak because i have the feeling I am missing out alot and it is hard to find any information about it here at AOR. Thanks!

Brandarous

Premium Member
Feb 22, 2016
@FreddieH can you be a littlebit more specific with you question? TS is a device to hear what your other drivers are saying or to inform them if something hapend. Like, you had a cut track penalty and you say that on TS so that the drivers behind you know that there is a slow moving car on the track.

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
@FreddieH can you be a littlebit more specific with you question? TS is a device to hear what your other drivers are saying or to inform them if something hapend. Like, you had a cut track penalty and you say that on TS so that the drivers behind you know that there is a slow moving car on the track.
Well I have some difficulties with settings, server, etc. So most of all I like to know where do I find this information. If the race leader tells me I will receive vital information by TS I would expect to find somewhere the right settings to be able to do so.

Masesox

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2016
So pumped for this one already. IT IS GOING TO BE DRY!!!!!!!

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Well I have some difficulties with settings, server, etc. So most of all I like to know where do I find this information. If the race leader tells me I will receive vital information by TS I would expect to find somewhere the right settings to be able to do so.
Are you asking about the server information? In which case, here they are:
Server adress: london2.teamspeak.net:30462
Password: fisifan

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
Question about the race: do I need to download a chat programme?

Car setup up question: the big drop in the track, it losses a lot of time when the wheels spinning, what parameters change you think it will help??

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Question about the race: do I need to download a chat programme?

Car setup up question: the big drop in the track, it losses a lot of time when the wheels spinning, what parameters change you think it will help??
About the chat programme. If you don't already have TeamSpeak, download that. You will need to be on there during the race so I can give out all the necessary info without having to text around everywhere for people you aren't on TS.

About the setup. Now really sure what you need to adjust. I'm no expert at setups by any means. Maybe @Brandarous would like to help with that? :whistle:

Brandarous

Premium Member
Feb 22, 2016
spinning:: easy with the throttle, softer rear or less acc diff.

Mar 10, 2017
So im not only slow (best time is a low 25) but also i got already DSQd twice while training for corner cutting ._:

Saytex

Jan 16, 2017
i did the whole 49 laps,running mid/high 1:23s

Novey

Formula Karter
Aug 5, 2016
Why do you have to stop?