PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R4 Re-Race: Snetterton 300 07/06/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R4 Re-Race: Snetterton 300 07/06/2017 @ 7:45pm

Mar 10, 2017
well thats it

Q-3
R-4

@Painfulstorm with the 2nd in a row very impressive and the guy who wanted to spectate finishs 2nd ^^

qualy was good for me was far of the 2 alien that were left for this race but also had a good gap to 4th so thought maybe if i can find my rhythm quickly i can grap sth
but well i still dont have the consistency so i couldnt get a gap to @RichardTrickle and when i could prevent a spun he slipped past but made a mistake and i could take 3rd again
fewlaps later i saw @DannyRIC crawling back on the circuit after he probably lost on the backstraight so i suddenly was 2nd

but inconsistent as ****^^ so couldnt make the most of it and richard could slowly close in on me but the undercut cost ihm quite some time so i was comfortable with 12 sec in front
managed to keep a good gap until in lap 36 i spun and i lost it all was back in 3rd but danny was closing rapidly
as i spun again he slipped through as well and i was down in 4th

hoped that danny and richard may fight and bring me back in but no they were settled
so i just crawled to the finish line
from all the races snetterton was the most exhausting for me, last time as well
still im quite satisfied cause its the first race i didnt got lapped :) and to see my time to be improved so much (1,5sec/lap) really showed me that i really got a better at driving

JasonC

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2017
This was a bit of a rush job tonight. As soon as I was on the track my steering wasn't working. Quit out and checked everything. Ended up rebooting then after setting up the wheel again in project cars manage to get back into qualy only for me to forget to change the sensitivity..:arghh: Quit out and put the settings back to what I thought I had used before, only to find the car didn't handle the same at all. Didn't have time to change anything and stuck at it. Managed to get 6th spot on the grid and then had a good 13 or 14 laps behind @tRIP.. who did let me go past at one point only to get me back later. I could see all the way to 3rd and it seemed that we were all pretty closely matching times. Come lap 22..ish I decided to pit.... :headphone: After all the messing about with the wheel settings I completely forgot to assign a pit strategy. Hence coming back on track with old boots..:banghead:. I was ahead of @tRIP.. but he just sailed past.. Anyway another stop with me frantically selecting tyres and I was back on track. It was pretty much a test session then for me just trying to be consistant and trying to catch 5th. @tRIP was ahead by some 40+ seconds. But I could only make it down to around 18 secs. I had some moments and I'm presuming he did too.

Had some good battles in this league and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of it. After not doing any online racing for at lest 7 years or so, this has been a blast. Congratulations to all that stuck with the races and its a shame to see so few at the end. Thanks to @EdCherie for being a team mate. I know we haven't really spoke out of lobby but good work that man.. You did some stellar driving in that Aston. Big thanks to the hosts and I'm going to miss the racing. So the chance of any summer races, I will definately try and be involved. Maybe a Le'mans event would be fun. Just want to say thanks to everyone that I seemed to be having battles with. Which has been pretty much everyone at some point. Although A few of you have always seemed to be breathing down my neck or I've been sniffing your exhaust fumes. Looking forward to next season...Plus whatever else might crop up. :nailbiting:

Btw, Im using @EdCherie's pit crew next year !

dr_green

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2016
ahh gutted looks like i missed a good race was hoping for some good points on this last race:smuggrin:.......my problems started when we had to change host,,my wheel stopped working so did a reboot then everytime i tried to join i got kicked :banghead: my first season and racing online,, enjoyed it all apart from the buggy game....hope pc2 is :D

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So no MDC? Nice! (y)

Only 8 people showed up? Not nice! (n)

Mar 13, 2017
First off my apologies for sounding like a b**** and acting like I wouldn't race a simulator due to exhaustion. I realized that I have rallied for much worse in life and with only 8 drivers making it in the last race I couldn't just sit back and watch. So I made a big cup of tea and swore to avoid contact at all costs (sorry @phoenix_1337 for that bump on lap 8, I really thought I could get it done but you had more accel grip than I thought and turned in to defend? as I swung out). My wheel decided to reset during qualy so I had to panic restart my pc and get back to set a careful flying 3 lap qualy which was good for 4th. I think the rolling start rules need to be practiced as a preseason event or something because it seems we make more mistakes on them than correct starts. Either way we kept it clean and it quickly turned into one of the best quality races that I've had.

@phoenix_1337 and @tRIP.. those first several laps were great fun and I have to mention the impressive pace of that C7. I really wanted to drive the C7 this season but I could not find enough pace preseason to justify it over the consistent pace of the 12C. Props on learning the nuances of the corvette to have very solid pace at the end of the season. I managed to get up to 3rd on lap 8 but then coming out of the final corner on lap 10 I leaned a bit too hard on the rumble strip and spun recovering to 6th. By lap 12 I was passing @DannyRIC who was in the pits, for 5th. Luckily @tRIP.. and @JasonC were slowing each other a bit and by Lap 14 @JasonC made a couple mistakes in a row that allowed me to slip by for 4th. I proceed to chase @tRIP.. all the way to lap 19 where he went wide and spun giving me a clean pass for 3rd. Since my tires were holding out fairly well I decided to stay out on lap 23 and take the lead! While artificial I was still giddy with excitement for that lap as @Painfulstorm chased me down with fresh tires. As I came out of the pits lap 24 it looks like I had lost 4 seconds to @phoenix_1337 with that stunt, totally worth it! Lap 33 @phoenix_1337 spins? and I come flying past on the long sweeper (turn 11) and forget to turn in and drove off myself. luckily I recovered well and went on to charge forward in P2 with this song playing in my head. I'm sorry :p but I had to as I almost never see american drivers leading any form of international racing competition, even video games. On lap 36 I notice @DannyRIC has passed @phoenix_1337 and started breathing down my neck. Those last 7 laps were an intense game of self motivation to not make a single mistake so that I could post that video :p. I ended up chugging half a mug of tea and still felt like I was losing my ability to stay focused. If that was just a few laps longer you would have had me.

Finally I owe a big thank you to AOR, @TicklishPicklewickle, and all of the drivers (you know who you are) that consistently showed up and fought the good fight, racecraft that is. I am looking forward to future leagues with you guys and pcars 2 of course. I am going to end this with a plead for more interesting leagues. I have never been a fan of gt3 but that seems to be the common ground everyone is agreeing on. AOR Cords please take a chance and use one of the "showcase" type historic cars that slightlymad puts extra time into. I don't know about you guys but certain cars like the McLaren P1, Ariel atom v8, lotus 98t, Audi IMSA GTO, etc seem way more fun to rotate through the corners than most other cars. Many cars often feel too stable, yet finicky and require way too much tweaking (why my forza/gt friends won't go near pcars) when there are cars that feel amazing with a stock tune. I really want to see this community grow and I think more interesting cars with stock tunes will bring in more people. Maybe there could be a thread where we tally up all and ANY car preferences, then the Cords can choose the top several to have a vote. I'll get off my soapbox now. The v8 supercars is definitely a good direction though and I will hopefully be able to work my schedule around that and join you guys. Thank you again for all the work that has gone into making this possible! You guys did such a good job that slightlymad often mentions AOR by name when discussing changes between pcars 1 and 2, now that's something to be proud of.

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I am going to end this with a plead for more interesting leagues. I have never been a fan of gt3 but that seems to be the common ground everyone is agreeing on. AOR Cords please take a chance and use one of the "showcase" type historic cars that slightlymad puts extra time into. I don't know about you guys but certain cars like the McLaren P1, Ariel atom v8, lotus 98t, Audi IMSA GTO, etc seem way more fun to rotate through the corners than most other cars. Many cars often feel too stable, yet finicky and require way too much tweaking (why my forza/gt friends won't go near pcars) when there are cars that feel amazing with a stock tune. I really want to see this community grow and I think more interesting cars with stock tunes will bring in more people. Maybe there could be a thread where we tally up all and ANY car preferences, then the Cords can choose the top several to have a vote. I'll get off my soapbox now. The v8 supercars is definitely a good direction though and I will hopefully be able to work my schedule around that and join you guys. Thank you again for all the work that has gone into making this possible! You guys did such a good job that slightlymad often mentions AOR by name when discussing changes between pcars 1 and 2, now that's something to be proud of.
Completely 100% agree with you on that running GT3 all the time can get pretty long-haired with time. Tbh I do prefer a tin top on my cars, but as you said, GT3 cars are not quite as interesting to drive as some of the older cars (though I'm a big fan of GT3 racing in real life, some of the best racing to watch imo).
But right now AOR actually has a "special place" at SMS. We're labelled the Official GT3 Leagues. If we were to stop doing the GT3 leagues here, we would probably lose that label. That's a huge part of this consistent GT3 league as often as possible. But then again, the community has completely free hands to try and get some other leagues up and running. On the PC we currently have the Endurance leagues and will have a season of the V8s when organization for that gets sorted out. Happy to hear that you'll join the V8s if possible ;)
But yeah, the label that AOR has at SMS is a huge factor as to why we consistently run the GT3 leagues here. As you said yourself, it's definitely something AOR is proud of and we don't wanna lose that :)

Mar 13, 2017
Completely 100% agree with you on that running GT3 all the time can get pretty long-haired with time. Tbh I do prefer a tin top on my cars, but as you said, GT3 cars are not quite as interesting to drive as some of the older cars (though I'm a big fan of GT3 racing in real life, some of the best racing to watch imo).
But right now AOR actually has a "special place" at SMS. We're labelled the Official GT3 Leagues. If we were to stop doing the GT3 leagues here, we would probably lose that label. That's a huge part of this consistent GT3 league as often as possible. But then again, the community has completely free hands to try and get some other leagues up and running. On the PC we currently have the Endurance leagues and will have a season of the V8s when organization for that gets sorted out. Happy to hear that you'll join the V8s if possible ;)
But yeah, the label that AOR has at SMS is a huge factor as to why we consistently run the GT3 leagues here. As you said yourself, it's definitely something AOR is proud of and we don't wanna lose that :)
I didn't know it was official but that makes perfect sense. I will definitely try to encourage additional leagues once we get back to the sim season/pcars 2. I noticed the overall interest seems to drop when the sun comes out :cigar:. I'm thinking around october might be the best time to start another thread asking people to list their top 5 favorite cars and go from there. I'm still new to all of this but it has peaked my interest as I have had better racing here than IRL in some cases. My e36 gets very expensive to maintain when I drive it as intended so this is a nice alternative. We are entering a golden age of simming and I can't wait for it to be recognized more and more as the legitimate racing that it can be.
I also agree about gt3/lmp racing is some of the best IRL right now.

Mar 10, 2017
First off my apologies for sounding like a b*tch and acting like I wouldn't race a simulator due to exhaustion. I realized that I have rallied for much worse in life and with only 8 drivers making it in the last race I couldn't just sit back and watch. So I made a big cup of tea and swore to avoid contact at all costs (sorry @phoenix_1337 for that bump on lap 8, I really thought I could get it done but you had more accel grip than I thought and turned in to defend? as I swung out). My wheel decided to reset during qualy so I had to panic restart my pc and get back to set a careful flying 3 lap qualy which was good for 4th. I think the rolling start rules need to be practiced as a preseason event or something because it seems we make more mistakes on them than correct starts. Either way we kept it clean and it quickly turned into one of the best quality races that I've had.

@phoenix_1337 and @tRIP.. those first several laps were great fun and I have to mention the impressive pace of that C7. I really wanted to drive the C7 this season but I could not find enough pace preseason to justify it over the consistent pace of the 12C. Props on learning the nuances of the corvette to have very solid pace at the end of the season. Lap 33 @phoenix_1337 spins? and I come flying past on the long sweeper (turn 11) and forget to turn in and drove off myself. luckily I recovered well and went on to charge forward in P2 with this song playing in my head.
thx mate :) only downside to the c7 was a missing teammate as i didnt expected to fight for the title i wasnt to concerned about the little disadvantage the c7 has and tbh in our tier we cant blame the car

i wouldnt say u sounded like a b... it was honest and being in the ptis the hole time but to attend would have been quite impressive as well ;)

the contact between us goes on me i guess as i lost track of u and thought u were on my left so i drove more to the right and before crew chief could tell me i already found out i was wrong

in lap 33 i lost it over the bump in turn 10 and went flying on the gras :/ had to use reverse and figured i offset u so i didnt accel fully when u got on the gras
nice song choice btw ;)

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
well thats it

Q-3
R-4

@Painfulstorm with the 2nd in a row very impressive and the guy who wanted to spectate finishs 2nd ^^

qualy was good for me was far of the 2 alien that were left for this race but also had a good gap to 4th so thought maybe if i can find my rhythm quickly i can grap sth
but well i still dont have the consistency so i couldnt get a gap to @RichardTrickle and when i could prevent a spun he slipped past but made a mistake and i could take 3rd again
fewlaps later i saw @DannyRIC crawling back on the circuit after he probably lost on the backstraight so i suddenly was 2nd

but inconsistent as ****^^ so couldnt make the most of it and richard could slowly close in on me but the undercut cost ihm quite some time so i was comfortable with 12 sec in front
managed to keep a good gap until in lap 36 i spun and i lost it all was back in 3rd but danny was closing rapidly
as i spun again he slipped through as well and i was down in 4th

hoped that danny and richard may fight and bring me back in but no they were settled
so i just crawled to the finish line
from all the races snetterton was the most exhausting for me, last time as well
still im quite satisfied cause its the first race i didnt got lapped :) and to see my time to be improved so much (1,5sec/lap) really showed me that i really got a better at driving
Sorry for the spin @phoenix_1337 otherwise I wouldn't have any chance in the podium. But I noticed your lap time had improved so much in a short period of time !! Did you have a break through in the car setup or something ?

Mar 10, 2017
Sorry for the spin @phoenix_1337 otherwise I wouldn't have any chance in the podium. But I noticed your lap time had improved so much in a short period of time !! Did you have a break through in the car setup or something ?
im not that upset about it as i only were in 2nd cause u and richard had a moment as well so we kind of equal afterwards still i was a little down but im quite satisfied now ;)

speedwise i didnt worked much on the set up at all had a baseline from jussi loaded before the season and it was quite driveable everywhere
so (i at least hope^^) its down to a change in driving style more suited to the gt3 cars like being on the throttle trough corners instead of just rolling into them to hold tighter lines, better braking stuff like that really improved my lap times but still isnt really natural to me and causes my race struggles