PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP 19/04/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP 19/04/2017 @ 7:45pm

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Sorry, I'm out for today's race. I'm still completely ruined in the head after a long and tough Easter. I will catch you guys next week! @TicklishPicklewickle
We gotta defend the team championship mate! :p
Oh well fair enough. After the break week you should be ready to kick some butt again ;)

Lusair

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2017
Right after i got sent out from the server because i was lagging,i tested my net speed and got this result connecting to a london server
http://www.speedtest.net/result/6231147197

31ms ,maybe you guys should look at your servers intead of kicking people

Anyway,i hope the race was fun

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
Gutted, pole position and got disconnected

DozerKitty

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 20, 2015
We gotta defend the team championship mate! :p
Oh well fair enough. After the break week, you should be ready to kick some butt again ;)
Don't worry, I'll be back to fight for our championship! :D The LAN party over the weekend just really took a toll on me. Moreso than I expected. :p

JasonC

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2017
I got disconnected after lap 1.. Just saw a pile of cars all parked all over the place at turn 1 and 2.. thought maybe I missed a restart message so slowed to a stop.. Saw that DannyRic disconnected and then i was off the server. I was really happy at this track. Could have pushed quite hard in the race. Love the fast corners here..

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
I got disconnected after lap 1.. Just saw a pile of cars all parked all over the place at turn 1 and 2.. thought maybe I missed a restart message so slowed to a stop.. Saw that DannyRic disconnected and then i was off the server. I was really happy at this track. Could have pushed quite hard in the race. Love the fast corners here..
Practice for two weeks later, hope for the best next time

EdCherie

Pro Karter
Dec 29, 2016
Q-7
R-3

With last lap could have been 5th at best but nothing more, everyone where pretty close to each other. Race start was a mess, @TicklishPicklewickle and @StevieP crashed at straight, then I went wide two corners after and got into P7 back. Got few places back up to 4th and then cut the first corner and again down in 7th. So until first stop, always raced with @RichardTrickle and @Masesox so had great race there. Had to pit earlier as tires could not handle anymore and undercut @RichardTrickle but @Masesox got out 3 seconds ahead. Got used to new conditions and started chasing him. He got a corner cut and took a place from him. Eventually the flying fin @Saytex caught up to everyone there and took the second place. Tried to keep it close in case of mistake but brakes were overheating whole race and few hits in the back didnt help with oversteer. Really tough race, always had to look at back mirrors. The back straight acceleration helped me to keep the 3rd. Congrats @Minwasko with first victory, told ya you will get it here :D

Mar 13, 2017
Q-9
R-9

Pretty satisfied with that one considering I knew I was 2+ seconds off the pace going in to qualifying. Felt like I did as well as I was going to do there then during the opening laps I was able to climb to 4th due to opening shenanigans, before falling back to 5th. At that point I was engaged in a great race with @Masesox and @EdCherie for the rest of the opening stint. I had to pit lap 21 due to massive tire deg. I assumed it would decrease in the second stint but it absolutely did not do that for me. By lap 40 my tires were gone and the battle for 5th-7th was fierce. @TicklishPicklewickle's pressure eventually got to me and I spun. Since I was a lap ahead of 10th I limped the last few to the finish for 9th. Thank you again for a great race everyone! and my apologies for the couple love taps I was involved in during the race.

Last edited:

JaPre

Junior Karter
Jan 13, 2017
Q-16
R-13

Had decent start got up to 10th was all going well, starting from the back was able to avoid all the mayhem then take some places. Dropped down to 11th before getting in a really good battle with @areqq then spun off at the hairpin lost loads of time, by this stage all the things I used as brake markers had been long gone and I smashed into a barrier ruining my suspension straight after pitting. After a few really bad laps dropped down to 14th (last of those finishing) managed to catch @Ron Steel, gutted he spun out meaning we couldn't have any battles, so I just drove past. Overall not a bad race despite the setbacks.

Mar 13, 2017
So what was this makeup race I was hearing about? Are you guys in for a snetterton rematch??

EdCherie

Pro Karter
Dec 29, 2016
Non-sense to make a rerace. We had more than 50% done, other got 50% points for the race. We will get same prob again with the restart. Really dont understand why.

Mar 13, 2017
Non-sense to make a rerace. We had more than 50% done, other got 50% points for the race. We will get same prob again with the restart. Really dont understand why.
Fair enough, I'm fine with it either way but it seems the mass disconnect was lap 20 which was less than 50%. We could all try to pool data so ticklish can give the results?
Edit - Maybe I'm confused

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
My 1st AOR win ! Really enjoyed this race, seeing that I finally had the pace after being lapped in Monza. Race started off weird seeing @TicklishPicklewickle and @StevieP just go missing into turn 1 I got very confused, thinking I made them spin(This thought was killing me for the whole duration of the race), I ve been trying my best to pull the gap to the cars behind and save my tyres at the same time. I wouldn't dare to count the amount of times I ve compromised turn 3, just to save the tyres, losing about 1-2 tenths each lap and the amount of lines I have taken in the turn 3. Still was worth it in the end, everything worked out just fine for me,tyres lasted just enough and I got a lucky 1st win Verstappen style, with @EdCherie , @Masesox , @RichardTrickle holding each other up, letting me to slowly build up that gap. @Saytex getting unlucky and pit without changing tyres, @DannyRIC disconnecting in the very beginning and @TicklishPicklewickle getting into trouble on the 1st lap. Hopefully more wins will come my way (y)

Mar 10, 2017
well once again i'm dissapointed

had framerate issues again dunno why though as pc was fresh restartet
only new thing was discord app so have to test that
crew chief killed itself after qualy so looking out for the others was even harder

stil managed to get a ok qualylap in and startet p 14
couldnt see any breakmarkers for turn 1 and overshoot but think i didnt hit anyone just found myself down right the order

in sector three i got caught by @Jason_c's lag he jumped back right into my front and i got some damage there
lap i lost it before the back straight and got remarkable suspensiondmg so decided to pit was better option than 20 laps with counter steer left the pit in p14 with 30 sec down on @StevieP
manged to bite off a llittle and than i asume he spun and got into the pits around lap 12 and i got up to 13 now just 20 sec to @JaPre
when the pitwindow came closer i closed in massively and around lap 20 i was only 4 sec off and took @JaPre when he spun
could close th gap to @areqq before he pitted in lap 21 i decided to overcut him and nailed the lap pretty well exiting the pits in front of him but overshoot turn1 again ^^ so i was behind areqq and stevieP as areqq hold up stevie quite a bit i closed on them and just when i was back on there tail stevie made the pass and areqq spun a lap or 2 afterwards and i stuck in close distance to stevie knowing he had to make another pitstop

he did as aspectet and i moved up to p10 with over 1 min to the guy in front off me so i trie to secure my spot worked well until the frontrunners came up
as @dr_green wanted to pass me so badly he did 3 times due to mistakes
unfortunate moment than when the battle from 4th to 9th? came up behind me i tried to vanish as best as i could but lost 5 seconds and wanted to make up for it but overshoot the chicane got a slowdown and fall back behind @areqq with stevie just 1 sec down as well

as @areqq got lose before the back straight one lap later i thought i had to go and think i dive bombed quite hard but somehow it worked out hoped he could hold back @StevieP a little so he couldnt catch me afterwards but stevie didnt took to long and i was only watching my rear mirror as he was clearly fasteron his fresher rubber
still took him till lap 42 to make the pass into turn 1 parking on the apex to avoid my cutback a really nice move i have to admit
tried to but him under as much pressure as possible but got a cutback and decided to let it go and settle for p11

so quite nice 2nd half but still i couldnt get to my practice pace due to framerate and the destroyed braking makers (its really a problem every race...)

dr_green

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2016

crew chief killed itself after qualy so looking out for the others was even harder

couldnt see any breakmarkers for turn 1 and overshoot but think i didnt hit anyone just found myself down right the order

in sector three i got caught by @Jason_c's lag he jumped back right into my front and i got some damage there
lap i lost it before the back straight and got remarkable suspensiondmg so decided to pit was better option than 20 laps with counter steer left the pit in p14 with 30 sec down on @StevieP
manged to bite off a llittle and than i asume he spun and got into the pits around lap 12 and i got up to 13 now just 20 sec to @JaPre
when the pitwindow came closer i closed in massively and around lap 20 i was only 4 sec off and took @JaPre when he spun
could close th gap to @areqq before he pitted in lap 21 i decided to overcut him and nailed the lap pretty well exiting the pits in front of him but overshoot turn1 again ^^ so i was behind areqq and stevieP as areqq hold up stevie quite a bit i closed on them and just when i was back on there tail stevie made the pass and areqq spun a lap or 2 afterwards and i stuck in close distance to stevie knowing he had to make another pitstop

he did as aspectet and i moved up to p10 with over 1 min to the guy in front off me so i trie to secure my spot worked well until the frontrunners came up
unfortunate moment than when the battle from 4th to 9th? came up behind me i tried to vanish as best as i could but lost 5 seconds and wanted to make up for it but overshoot the chicane got a slowdown and fall back behind @areqq with stevie just 1 sec down as well

as @areqq got lose before the back straight one lap later i thought i had to go and think i dive bombed quite hard but somehow it worked out hoped he could hold back @StevieP a little so he couldnt catch me afterwards but stevie didnt took to long and i was only watching my rear mirror as he was clearly fasteron his fresher rubber
still took him till lap 42 to make the pass into turn 1 parking on the apex to avoid my cutback a really nice move i have to admit
tried to but him under as much pressure as possible but got a cutback and decided to let it go and settle for p11

so quite nice 2nd half but still i couldnt get to my practice pace due to framerate and the destroyed braking makers (its really a problem every race...)

my head went on a wander for a few laps had to give it a wobble :banghead: 2 or 3 slow downs i got :arghh:...

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017

Sounds like a very intense battle well done and I am so jealous! Know exactly how you feel about the braking markers, I was 1 second slower than my pace because of that in Senetterton. When I practiced in Cata, I tried to look different thing for braking just in case. I think the best thing to judge for braking could be from the curvature of the bend or the beginning of a kerb as they don't get destoryed like the silly braking markers❌
[DOUBLEPOST=1492640587][/DOUBLEPOST]
My 1st AOR win ! Really enjoyed this race, seeing that I finally had the pace after being lapped in Monza. Race started off weird seeing @TicklishPicklewickle and @StevieP just go missing into turn 1 I got very confused, thinking I made them spin(This thought was killing me for the whole duration of the race), I ve been trying my best to pull the gap to the cars behind and save my tyres at the same time. I wouldn't dare to count the amount of times I ve compromised turn 3, just to save the tyres, losing about 1-2 tenths each lap and the amount of lines I have taken in the turn 3. Still was worth it in the end, everything worked out just fine for me,tyres lasted just enough and I got a lucky 1st win Verstappen style, with @EdCherie , @Masesox , @RichardTrickle holding each other up, letting me to slowly build up that gap. @Saytex getting unlucky and pit without changing tyres, @DannyRIC disconnecting in the very beginning and @TicklishPicklewickle getting into trouble on the 1st lap. Hopefully more wins will come my way (y)
Well done mate for the first win! More to come in the season

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
I see that you are talking about broken braking markers, but I really don't know which ones you are talking about, for me all of the markers were in place until the very end of the race

Mar 10, 2017
Well than maybe u didint used the one i used but for turn 1 only the 50 m board was left (normally there are 3)
And before the hairpin as there were 1 missing as well (someone also mentioned it in discord so im not crazy^^)
Both were already missing when i joined in the warm up