PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP 19/04/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP 19/04/2017 @ 7:45pm

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Right after i got sent out from the server because i was lagging,i tested my net speed and got this result connecting to a london server
http://www.speedtest.net/result/6231147197

31ms ,maybe you guys should look at your servers intead of kicking people

Anyway,i hope the race was fun
Well here's the results I posted on the lobby host page:

I would say this is more than enough to host a server with 2 people on pCars. I mean if someone else than me (with perhaps better internet) would be willing to host instead for the next race we could try that. Don't know if that'll make much of a difference tho. It also differs because there'll always be people who are struggling because of the distance from the country the lobby is hosted. Think about the US guys we have in this league. They're probably in a worse situation :p
Also I'll post an updated test when I'm home from school today so you can see that my internet's still working as it should (y)

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So what was this makeup race I was hearing about? Are you guys in for a snetterton rematch??
I'll make a thread later today so look out for that. There will be a poll in the thread about whether or not to do a re-race. If so, the re-race will most likely be in the break week and most people might have already made plans for the break week. But we'll see how it goes

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I see that you are talking about broken braking markers, but I really don't know which ones you are talking about, for me all of the markers were in place until the very end of the race
Well than maybe u didint used the one i used but for turn 1 only the 50 m board was left (normally there are 3)
And before the hairpin as there were 1 missing as well (someone also mentioned it in discord so im not crazy^^)
Both were already missing when i joined in the warm up
If a brake marker is broken, if you reconnect to the lobby it will be back again. But don't do it! People reconnecting all the time will make the lobby extremely unstable

StevieP

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 5, 2017
@Minwasko here is the incident in turn one at the start of the race. it was an unfortunate racing incident, I thought @TicklishPicklewickle was caught napping so I tried to take advantage but then I got squeezed left by the cars on my right as we where approaching turn one and the rest is self explanatory by the footage below.
@phoenix_1337 yes I did a 3 stop because I hit a spun car in the hairpin of sector 3 so I shot in the pits for a third stop, I was firing lap times in and worked my arse off to catch the pack and I took a deep breath when I passed you in turn one :nailbiting: good race last night if you take away the mis-haps

tRIP..

Formula Karter
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
I'll make a thread later today so look out for that. There will be a poll in the thread about whether or not to do a re-race. If so, the re-race will most likely be in the break week and most people might have already made plans for the break week. But we'll see how it goes
I believe the mass disconnect happened due to a pcars bug, so doing a rerace won't help. I've been actively getting the guys on the official forums to have a look at the problem. It seems to me that their is a bug when the conditions changed from day to dusk to night. I think you'll see the same disconnects if you rerace.

Mar 13, 2017
Well here's the results I posted on the lobby host page:

I would say this is more than enough to host a server with 2 people on pCars. I mean if someone else than me (with perhaps better internet) would be willing to host instead for the next race we could try that. Don't know if that'll make much of a difference tho. It also differs because there'll always be people who are struggling because of the distance from the country the lobby is hosted. Think about the US guys we have in this league. They're probably in a worse situation :p
Also I'll post an updated test when I'm home from school today so you can see that my internet's still working as it should (y)
This lag/disconnect thing seems more complicated than just internet connection. I am in the US and never have problems with lag or connections and as far as I can tell neither does @Painfulstorm the other US driver. I think I agree this is likely a day/night/track issue. If this were an internet issue this sort of thing would be common in other leagues like F1 and AC right? I'm not apart of those league though, so I'm not positive on this.

Masesox

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2016
My 1st AOR win ! Really enjoyed this race, seeing that I finally had the pace after being lapped in Monza. Race started off weird seeing @TicklishPicklewickle and @StevieP just go missing into turn 1 I got very confused, thinking I made them spin(This thought was killing me for the whole duration of the race), I ve been trying my best to pull the gap to the cars behind and save my tyres at the same time. I wouldn't dare to count the amount of times I ve compromised turn 3, just to save the tyres, losing about 1-2 tenths each lap and the amount of lines I have taken in the turn 3. Still was worth it in the end, everything worked out just fine for me,tyres lasted just enough and I got a lucky 1st win Verstappen style, with @EdCherie , @Masesox , @RichardTrickle holding each other up, letting me to slowly build up that gap. @Saytex getting unlucky and pit without changing tyres, @DannyRIC disconnecting in the very beginning and @TicklishPicklewickle getting into trouble on the 1st lap. Hopefully more wins will come my way (y)
I understand what u mean by creative lines into turn 3. Even after my practice long runs it took half the race to nail a front left tyre saving line through the long sweeping vurve

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
This lag/disconnect thing seems more complicated than just internet connection. I am in the US and never have problems with lag or connections and as far as I can tell neither does @Painfulstorm the other US driver. I think I agree this is likely a day/night/track issue. If this were an internet issue this sort of thing would be common in other leagues like F1 and AC right? I'm not apart of those league though, so I'm not positive on this.
Well one of the cods on AC is Danish and sometimes uses his own server for social races. We also have US drivers on AC without any connection problems there. So maybe distance to the lobby host is not as big of a thing as it was 10 years ago :p

Mar 13, 2017
I agree a media thread could be very helpful! Looks like my spin on lap 41 was not due to my tires falling off. I hit the tiny patch of astroturf on the inside of second corner. Now I'm disappointed with that result :banghead:

areqq

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Not good race from my side. I haven't practice as much as I should on this track. Race was very interesting but my setup was not good and tires has gone too fast. For plus was battles with @phoenix_1337 @JaPre and @Ron Steel but this track was not for me and finally finished P12.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Did anyone get a screenshot of the race end screen on race night? For some reason, after everyone had finished it blurred out the screen but the race end screen didn't pop up o_O