PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R7: Nürburgring GP 10/05/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R7: Nürburgring GP 10/05/2017 @ 7:45pm

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Round 7 - Nürburgring GP
GT3 - Season 7

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 10th May 2017
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 41 Laps (1 formation lap + 40 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slot:
- Light Cloud

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 10:00
- Race finish time: 12:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map here.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
Yes thanks. Already in training. See you there.

Portaa

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 16, 2017
@TicklishPicklewickle sorted my wheel out, ill be able to race in this one :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1494189086][/DOUBLEPOST]Whats everyones pace around here?

areqq

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Unfortunately I'm not able to attend this week - company business trip to Germany ;). My spot is free to take for reserves this week. See you on Round 8 :)

Ron Steel

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2017
I can not drive tomorrow you can give my seat to someone else
good luck to everyone see you next time:)

Saytex

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
Jan 16, 2017
just got back from my vacation in Turkey and i got 1 day to practice well this is gonna be a fun one

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
just got back from my vacation in Turkey and i got 1 day to practice well this is gonna be a fun one
Don't like this track, keep crashing in practice. Did 3 practice races, two didn't finish, one just managed not losing a wheel
[DOUBLEPOST=1494356044][/DOUBLEPOST]
@TicklishPicklewickle sorted my wheel out, ill be able to race in this one :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1494189086][/DOUBLEPOST]Whats everyones pace around here?
1:47 race pace

Portaa

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 16, 2017
Dw @Saytex youll still probs be 4 seconds faster than me ffs xD

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
Great race! From the back all seemed fair and gentlemanlike. Hope i got out of the way fast enough. Silly thing is when you are anticipating where to give space for you guys, my Mclaren desides for itself that the best way to give way is on the gras, without further delay. I now nicknamed it grasshopper and trying to get a local club to sponsor me. Because you ain't been to Amsterdam if you ain't been in the Grasshopper.:wacky:

And congratulations to the top ten drivers. Great to see you handle your cars with such skill. Amazing!!

Masesox

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2016
First podium ever!!! Tbh the most boring race from my point of view. By chance was 2nd by turn one, my only overtake of the whole race, thought it best for @DannyRIC to take me at the hairpin i couldnt keep up with @Saytex he was already 2 secs ahead by that point. My plan, to build a gap and protect my third place. 6 seconds infront of @JasonC i think and 6 behind by lap 10 and protecting the tyre life, if i could do anything was to have fresher tyres for the second stint. Everyone pitted and hell a little screenshot of me being first for a lap or two. Pitted and pushed for 10 or so and i think catching back up a little. Had a 5sec pen at the shumi esses and a spin at the chiccanne left with not much to do at the end. @Minwasko and @tRIP.. looked to be having a great race in comparison. I was tempted at the end there to drop back and get involved but the podium was to good the throw away. Great points for me and my buddy. Go team!!! ... And a pat on the back from the wife as i entered the living room, hands raised in my third placed victory , feeling like i had just killed a mo fo'in dragon. 'Well done babe... now hang up the washin' hanging up washing like a boss!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1494450893][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great race! From the back all seemed fair and gentlemanlike. Hope i got out of the way fast enough. Silly thing is when you are anticipating where to give space for you guys, my Mclaren desides for itself that the best way to give way is on the gras, without further delay. I now nicknamed it grasshopper and trying to get a local club to sponsor me. Because you ain't been to Amsterdam if you ain't been in the Grasshopper.:wacky:

And congratulations to the top ten drivers. Great to see you handle your cars with such skill. Amazing!!
But knowone can rember what they did in or after leaving the grasshopper. If so you havent drunk or smoked enough

Mar 10, 2017
well that was far better than expected

q-9
r-10

dont know where i got my pace from but im training i wasnt able to do more than high 57s so i was quite amazed by my 56:8 in qualy

race was going quite well after some start incidents i got a hold off p8 with @tRIP.. still in sight
until i got a stupid penalty ...
as my tires where going off around lap 15 i was going to deep in turn 4, i was running wide on the way out and yeah i extended there but clearly a 20 second penalty was a bit harsh...
so afterwards i was just in front off barely @atlasgehirn424 and @dr_green both clearly didnt strugle as much as i did and @atlasgehirn424 passed me shortly after i made another mistake
i tried the undercut but it didnt work and had to stay behind @atlasgehirn424 but felt i was faster on the fresh rubber couldnt really get into a position to attack and when i tried to position myself in the chicane @dr_green went for the gap and overtook me ._:
was quite angry then as i where still sulking about that penalty without i wouldnt even have been in this trouble
got another penalty after overshooting a corner and the gap opened to 6-7seconds couldnt do much as my pace wasnt that fast anymore but saw them catching another car and due to battling i closed in once again
when i got to a 3second gap @dr_green got past @Painfulstorm but they had an incident in the chicane allowing me through
@Painfulstorm seemed slower than @dr_green and me but due to us battling and making mistake after mistake we stuck togetherfor the last 10 laps
3laps before the finsih @dr_green took the inside line into the last corner and @Painfulstorm slipped through as well

@Saytex approched us as well so i thought maybe when he passes the others i can slip through as well
so i let him through and wanted to stay as close to his rear as possible but as a result nearly killed him into the hairpin luckily he saw me comming cause killing him would have been unforgivable

lost connection to the others and was already sulking again, but than firstly @Painfulstorm makes a mistake and in the last chicane @dr_green was gone off as well and i could take my first top10 finish

congrats to all

one question still did anyone made a zero stopper? i could swear i lost a position through the pitting

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
R: P5? I don't even care where I finished, this was the kind of racing I joined AOR for. From lap one I have been involved in something. From the very beginning, staying in the back of the pack, later battling for like 10 laps with @RichardTrickle and @JasonC , I wasn't even trying to overtake @RichardTrickle , because our pace was completely equal, but staying behind him, I think the pressure got to him and he ran wide because of that, so I was battling with @JasonC for the next 10-12 laps, the gap stayed around 2 seconds for the longest possible time, I was catching up, making a small mistake and catching up again. Pitting on lap 21, 1 lap before @JasonC , I got the undercut and when he was coming out of the pits we were side by side until the very end of sector 1, where I finally got him and got to breathe for a bit.

However, while this was happening, @tRIP.. was slowly catching up to us (Insert the Jaws theme). The gap was slowly coming down , but after we pitted, his pace was just a bit better than mine, so when he caught up I tried everything to keep him behind, losing me, @tRIP.. and @JasonC like 7 seconds in 2 laps, but at one point he finally got me with @JasonC coming right behind him. Luckily for me @JasonC spun shortly after, so for the final 10 laps I was involved in a great battle with @tRIP.. . The gap was staying so small for so long, At 1 point @tRIP.. got a corner cut penalty coming out of chicane, however I am unlucky enough to have gotten a corner cut penalty for running wide 2 turns before that, so that penalty didn't benefit me too much. But on the lap ~39 in all went down. @tRIP.. spun, so I got ahead with a gap of 2 seconds, but on worn tyres I could not do much at all, @tRIP.. was just hunting me down so fast, he overtook me on the last lap, I thought about making a move into the chicane, but I was too far back. Great fun, great race, thanks for the battles. Hoping that more of this stuff will come my way.

Believe me or not, I had sweat coming down my face by lap 30, because of constant pressure.

JasonC

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2017
Well had a good start managed to get up to 4th. Out of place with my lap times however. But keeping some consistent times with @Minwasko closing in and keeping me looking in my mirrors. Then around lap 21 I think I noticed @Minwasko went in for tyres. So to protect my place I went in the lap after. I managed to keep ahead but not for long with @tRIP.. closing in I was pushing hard and made too many mistakes to keep position. But stayed with him for a short while and I had hoped of maybe regaining position and battling with @Minwasko but it all went wrong. I must have just pushed my tyres too much. I started to struggle and before I knew it, I had @RichardTrickle all over me. It was fun trying to keep him at bay but he managed to get past. And to top it off I lost 7th place on the last lap. So I ended up back where I qualified haha. Great racing by all involved. Can we have this race in the wet next year?

Masesox

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2016
Well had a good start managed to get up to 4th. Out of place with my lap times however. But keeping some consistent times with @Minwasko closing in and keeping me looking in my mirrors. Then around lap 21 I think I noticed @Minwasko went in for tyres. So to protect my place I went in the lap after. I managed to keep ahead but not for long with @tRIP.. closing in I was pushing hard and made too many mistakes to keep position. But stayed with him for a short while and I had hoped of maybe regaining position and battling with @Minwasko but it all went wrong. I must have just pushed my tyres too much. I started to struggle and before I knew it, I had @RichardTrickle all over me. It was fun trying to keep him at bay but he managed to get past. And to top it off I lost 7th place on the last lap. So I ended up back where I qualified haha. Great racing by all involved. Can we have this race in the wet next year?
I HATE THE RAIN!!!