PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R9: Watkins Glen GP 17/05/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - R9: Watkins Glen GP 17/05/2017 @ 7:45pm

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Round 9 - Watkins Glen GP
GT3 - Season 7

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 24th May 2017
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 43 Laps (1 formation lap + 42 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Heavy Cloud/Rain

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 13:00
- Race finish time: 15:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map here.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
So yeah.. What's the benchmark ? :p

Saytex

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
Jan 16, 2017
gonna guess a 42 is good here

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
Am I slow or the AI are crazy in the rain?

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
I only pracited in the rain figuring there should lay an opportunity for me. So what are you guys doing in the rain? I'm on 1.52 and still fiddling with my set up.

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
I only pracited in the rain figuring there should lay an opportunity for me. So what are you guys doing in the rain? I'm on 1.52 and still fiddling with my set up.
Following the AI I can go 1:49, only 1:52 if I am on my own

areqq

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Ehh I have to leave my spot in this race :/. Unplanned business trip tomorrow. Shame because this track and weather conditions seems to be very interesting

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
Ehh I have to leave my spot in this race :/. Unplanned business trip tomorrow. Shame because this track and weather conditions seems to be very interesting
Agree, changing weather is awesome

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Agree, changing weather is awesome
If pCars wasn't so unbelievably unstable, we could also have day to night transitions, but guess that's not an option :p

tRIP..

Formula Karter
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Tyre temps are so difficult to manage on this track in the wet. i'm running almost 2.50 pressure on the rears and they still overheating. Most difficult track of the season imo.

EDIT: Nevermind, I softened the overall stiffness esp on the rears, and now much better around the 2.00 bar mark. Has made my dry setup dire though, and front-left is taking a beating

Last edited:

Lusair

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2017
Hi everyone,tomorrow i wont be able to race,i wont be home on time .Have a great race tomorrow :)

StevieP

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 5, 2017
@TicklishPicklewickle i will be working late tonight so theres an 80% chance i wont make the start therefore i will vacate my spot to a reserve driver. it may be the same next week but i will update that forum post

FreddieH

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
Are all the english drivers bailing out? I'm skipping Uefa-final to race and Ajax is in it!

Last edited:

StevieP

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 5, 2017
i have no interest in the final i am a bolton wanderers supporter. when i get home later i will appear online on steam as normal @FreddieH

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hey guys
I know this is very short notice but if I can get one of you guys to host and be stand-in cod for me tonight that'll mean the world.
School came in the way today and I can't be there tonight. This happened very spontaneous today so I haven't had the chance of telling you before now

If someone wants to volunteer for stand-in cod that'd be a great help :)