PC - AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 4 Re-race Vote (Solved) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 4 Re-race Vote (Solved)

What should we do about Round 4 at Snetterton?

• Let's do a re-race!

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Scrap the round from the Championship

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Half re-race for half points

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As many of you know, I didn't get the results from the time of the mass disconnection for the round at Snetterton. Therefore I'm unfortunately unable to update the standings because I don't have sufficient information to do so. That means that we're now in a situation with 2 different solutions: We could either do a re-race or we could cancel the round in the final standings. That means that round 4 will not count in the Championship. I'll let you guys decide what we do and we will go with the majority of the poll.

If we choose to do a re-race
- We will run it in the break week (will be totally understandable if you already made plans but we have no other days to do it)
- We will run it in full daytime (as discussed between the other cods, the reason for mass disconnection could be the transfer from daylight to darkness)
- We will be ready for the mass disconnection if it was to happen again

If we choose to cancel the round in the standings
- We will actually have the break week as intended from the start, and people can get a rest before Zhuhai
- If the problem is the track, we wouldn't "waste our time" on doing a re-race

I'll let you guys decide the final outcome. The poll will close on Saturday 22/04-2017 8 PM UK time

Minwasko

Pro Karter
Nov 21, 2016
If the rerace is going to happen, how about doing it half the race distance and still reward half points, so the rerace would still be kind of fair to the people who actually finished and to those, who won't be able to attend it? ( I really just don't want to go back there lol, but I still think that it would make sense)

Mar 13, 2017
So I feel bad for those who finished the race and did well, but at the same time I was in p5 and feeling strong about my tires at the disconnect. No matter what some drivers are going to lose out in this situation. So I'm thinking maybe those of us in the minority take the hit here. I'm just spitballing since nobody has voted yet. Minwasko's idea ^ sounds fair to me as well.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2017
So I feel bad for those who finished the race and did well, but at the same time I was in p5 and feeling strong about my tires at the disconnect. No matter what some drivers are going to lose out in this situation. So I'm thinking maybe those of us in the minority take the hit here(this is a vote so that should happen anyway). Or we forget this race ever happened? I'm just spitballing here since nobody has voted yet. Minwasko's idea ^ sounds fair to me as well.
Could we award half points to the final result of the race finish(so drivers like DannyRIC are properly rewarded without an extra effort). And have an optional re-race for half points?

DannyRIC

Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
Could we award half points to the final result of the race finish(so drivers like DannyRIC are properly rewarded without an extra effort). And have an optional re-race for half points?
Thank you for the consideration, and absolutely agree. felt like a double punched in the face. Possible zero point for p1 in Snetterton, p1 in quali yesterday and disconnected. On the bright side, I would have more gutted if disconnected after 40laps

Masesox

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2016
I just want a re race with @EdCherie and his bitchin fast aston

Mar 10, 2017
well no results would be the option i dislike most
so i voted for the rerace even though i wont have time to train

but yeah we should definitly make sure at least 15+ people from the old race can attend (we had 17 starters in the race if i remember correctly?) otherwise it would be unfair and we have to settle for a no score

bad for all guys who finished the race in high positions but as it were the quick guys anyway they will be up there again

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Sad news I finished in P1
Yeah, P1 with 9 people on the track where about 15 guys disconnected. Dunno if you can call that a "fair" win. But of course I understand that those of you that did well are not happy with my decision, but we also had a lot of guys who did well and deserved a hard fought position, but was unfortunately hit by the mass disconnection. This is a case where the majority of the drivers disconnected and are probably not very happy with me failing to get a shot of the standings at the first disconnect. And as a coordinator, I'm not allowed to be biased towards anyone so I really have to listen to the majority here.
If the rerace is going to happen, how about doing it half the race distance and still reward half points, so the rerace would still be kind of fair to the people who actually finished and to those, who won't be able to attend it? ( I really just don't want to go back there lol, but I still think that it would make sense)
Great suggestion. I'll update the poll with an extra decision to do a half re-race for half points. Then those of you that want that can go ahead and change your vote! ;)

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Would like every single one of you to give your vote on this matter please! We need every driver in the league to have a word about this as this is something that we're all in on. Therefore we should all decide this together! ;)
@areqq @Wondy @4li3n @DozerKitty @iJustas05 @Portaa @Minwasko @StevieP @Saytex @JasonC @JaPre @thewhistler @RichardTrickle @Oguzhan @tRIP.. @Painfulstorm @Lusair @EdCherie @Masesox @atlasgehirn424 @dr_green @schizzle @phoenix_1337 @OneSockOli @DannyRIC
Sorry for double notice for those of you that have already voted :p

tRIP..

Formula Karter
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
If you're awarding half points for the first race, at what point are you awarding the points from? End of lap 19? I got disconnected at lap 20....

Saytex

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
Jan 16, 2017
i mean why are we doing a rerace if its the track that disconnects people its kinda pointless if it does it again,i mean we should just scrap this round and go on with the championship

tRIP..

Formula Karter
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
The only possible solution I've been given from the official forums so far is this:

One thing that helped someone with a similar problem was to set the "Max Ping / minute" setting inside of Steam. Navigate Steam:

Steam -> Settings -> In-Game

At the bottom of that screen, you'll see a drop down for "Max Ping / minute" and it defaults to "Automatic". Try setting that to a value, something like 1500 and see if you still have a problem going online.
I'm not convinced this would fix the mass disconnect, but willing to try it I guess....

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
If you're awarding half points for the first race, at what point are you awarding the points from? End of lap 19? I got disconnected at lap 20....
I'm not awarding half points for the first race as I do not have enough information to do so :p
i mean why are we doing a rerace if its the track that disconnects people its kinda pointless if it does it again,i mean we should just scrap this round and go on with the championship
Guys listen, I can't just decide that we scrap this race. This is not a dictatorship :D
I'm just the guy that makes sure this league doesn't go completely upside down. I have to listen to the majority. And if the majority wants re-race then that's what it's gonna be. Besides, it's not 100% certain the track's the problem. It could be, as discussed, the transfer from daylight to darkness. That's why if we're doing a re-race, we do it in full daylight ;)

Mar 13, 2017
If it is the track that is the problem I agree we should scrap it but I think most of us are holding out hope that it was the track and sunset combination. Has this track been previously raced at a different time with the same problem? Or have other tracks had mass disconnect problems due to a sunset time? This is my first season so idk but maybe you guys can help narrow it down

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
If it is the track that is the problem I agree we should scrap it but I think most of us are holding out hope that it was the track and sunset combination. Has this track been previously raced at a different time with the same problem? Or have other tracks had mass disconnect problems due to a sunset time? This is my first season so idk but maybe you guys can help narrow it down
Never run a league race on Snetterton before so I'm not sure. But I heard a tiny bird sing about they had the track in a previous season and also had problems there. Not 100% sure tho. Just something I've heard

Mar 13, 2017
Never run a league race on Snetterton before so I'm not sure. But I heard a tiny bird sing about they had the track in a previous season and also had problems there. Not 100% sure tho. Just something I've heard
Hmm well would anyone be up for a long form practice to test if it happens during the day? I think we would all feel pretty stupid preparing for another race that becomes a mass disconnection