DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
it's not going to be fast here, I am sure. I still want to like the car :p
I want to like the Aston, and I do, but I don't like it enough to run 1.5 secs of my pace!
0.5ish off the pace in a Caddy / Ginetta, I can live with!

WMDRMartin

Formula Karter
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the tag, but I won't be making it to any AOR races this or next week, school is absolutely crushing right now. Stayed up working till 3AM last night :sleep:

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Awful track, awful weather, too hot. And had not much time to find a car for this. Came in last... at least didn’t crash ;)

Also eliminated the Lambo and Z4 as options for S10, they just wouldn’t work in my 45min prep for this race.

Down to the Porsche, AMG and Honda as S10 contenders :)
(Will probably try the Z4 still a final time on a decent track)

poisike78

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2018
It is confirmed, I can't drive at all if I don't practice at least 10h for a race.
And I had really bad stuttering again, it looks like I need to invest in some better hardware.

@AndrexUK We don't race much together, but it seems every time we do, you have a problem with me. Why do you always assume the worst of me? ;)

@Marvin Thanks for organizing!

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
It is confirmed, I can't drive at all if I don't practice at least 10h for a race.
And I had really bad stuttering again, it looks like I need to invest in some better hardware.
Nah, it’s the track. Seems when cars are visible to you on a different part of the track you get stutters. Same happened at long beach

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@AndrexUK We don't race much together, but it seems every time we do, you have a problem with me. Why do you always assume the worst of me? ;)
Sorry, tonight was a genuine mistake, i didn't even realize there was another white M6, so i thought it was you. Sorry.
I only call out what I see, and in the previous races, i feel you have been rather aggressive on track.
I don't mind ppl going for a move, but when I feel I have to adjust my line/braking to avoid being hit, that's when It starts to get a little annoying for me.

Smolda

Formula Karter
Oct 23, 2017
Omg, that was so much fun! :D Fighting @DANGEROUS GIANETTA almost the entire race, that was awesome. I hope I didn't annoy you too much, braking much sooner than you :)
Car was horrible though, I don't think I'll take the Renault for next season. I was considering Ferrari again, but than I wouldn't have any excuse for being slow :D Maybe I'll just stick with Lambo ...

poisike78

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2018
Sorry, tonight was a genuine mistake, i didn't even realize there was another white M6, so i thought it was you. Sorry.
I only call out what I see, and in the previous races, i feel you have been rather aggressive on track.
I don't mind ppl going for a move, but when I feel I have to adjust my line/braking to avoid being hit, that's when It starts to get a little annoying for me.
To be honest, I only remember one incident with You and we concluded that it was caused by lag (i think it was at Fuji practice). I'm usually far away from You, so are You sure You don't mix me up with someone else (again)? I really don't see myself as a aggressive driver, I almost feel like I always try to leave too much room for everyone. I make some mistakes that can cause problems for others, especially when I haven't had time to practice as much as I need, but being intentionally aggressive doesn't sound right. If I'm really getting too aggressive then I need to change that. If anyone else feels I have been too aggressive then please let me know.

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I could easily be mixing you up with someone else then, and if so, again I truly apologize :(
My head is telling me it was from a Touring Car practice race, but again, I could very easily be wrong!
Think no more of it, as it sounds like we have a similar approach to driving then!

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
To be honest, I only remember one incident with You and we concluded that it was caused by lag (i think it was at Fuji practice). I'm usually far away from You, so are You sure You don't mix me up with someone else (again)? I really don't see myself as a aggressive driver, I almost feel like I always try to leave too much room for everyone. I make some mistakes that can cause problems for others, especially when I haven't had time to practice as much as I need, but being intentionally aggressive doesn't sound right. If I'm really getting too aggressive then I need to change that. If anyone else feels I have been too aggressive then please let me know.
I gotta hop in for @poisike78 as well, his driving throughout S9 was beyond fair and respectful, at times leaving too much space :)

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
Omg, that was so much fun! :D Fighting @DANGEROUS GIANETTA almost the entire race, that was awesome. I hope I didn't annoy you too much, braking much sooner than you :)
Car was horrible though, I don't think I'll take the Renault for next season. I was considering Ferrari again, but than I wouldn't have any excuse for being slow :D Maybe I'll just stick with Lambo ...
yeah it was clean and nice fight mate ,i really liked it.i was testing with fast ratio max speed 248km and i tried to keep my tyres 1.80 bar.just i have to figure out balance of car.
seeing 3 ginetta on track,wow nice guys:),i hope next season we will see more different cars.
thanks all joined friends.

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
I like the Ginetta, the handling is brilliant.
I just wish it would sound a little less annoying. Could also be my headphones...

poisike78

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2018
I could easily be mixing you up with someone else then, and if so, again I truly apologize :(
My head is telling me it was from a Touring Car practice race, but again, I could very easily be wrong!
Think no more of it, as it sounds like we have a similar approach to driving then!
I would really like to know if it's true what You are saying, because I have been seen criticizing others here, so if I'm doing the same myself, that wouldn't be nice at all.
In Tuesdays Touring Car race I was turned around in both races on second lap, so it's unlikely that I was anywhere near You if You wasn't last, but I will check my replay.

Nah, it’s the track. Seems when cars are visible to you on a different part of the track you get stutters. Same happened at long beach
I don't remember having such problems at Long Beach and I had really bad stuttering in Tuesdays Touring Car race too. It's really hot here this week, so I'm afraid my CPU is overheating and thermal throttling because of overclocking.

I gotta hop in for @poisike78 as well, his driving throughout S9 was beyond fair and respectful, at times leaving too much space :)
Thanks for saying that @Stephan ! I know I still make mistakes and these may seem like aggressive driving. But @AndrexUK saying I'm too aggressive is disappointing for me, because I'm really trying my best to leave room for everyone. Usually I actually loose the "fight" because I'm too careful and brake too early. And if I see that someone is clearly faster then me, then I just move over and let him pass (last time was yesterday when @tRIP.. took a break to silence his crewchief and catched me after that). Not sure how to call this aggressive driving? But like I said, I make mistakes, so maybe thats what @AndrexUK has seen.

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
If @Stephan is happy with your driving, then I'm also happy!
I suspect I may be mixing you up with someone else!
Honestly, don't worry about it! I have a feeling i was wrong!
From what you are saying, it sounds like you are a very fair and sensible driver (more than the vast majority)!

So ignore the previous comments!

jaycoool

Pro Karter
Feb 6, 2018
The brakes on the Ginettas are just insane, this thing can brake a postal code later than every other car. Luckily it's speed is mediocre on straights, otherwise it would be op af.

Regarding yesterdays race: I went cautious into turn 1. Unfortunately, not everyone else did so. Got rear-ended, turned around and drop-kick-flipped-over 360 degrees. In a league race with full dmg settings, the race would have been over for me.

I had initially 100 Litres of fuel on board and with only 2-3 laps to go, still roughly 30 Litres left in the tank. I don't get it. I had very low engine braking (7of10), what normally should lead to elevated fuel consumption. The average while testing was something like 3.29 litres/lap, but in the race yesterday, it was below 3 litres a lap...it's a black box for me.