XB1 - AOR GT3 - XB1 Tier 2 - Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR GT3 - XB1 Tier 2 - Feedback Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
This is just an informal thread to post up ideas/ feedback about the current season and future seasons of AOR GT3.

Positives/ want to see more of:

Negatives/ ways to improve:

Ideas for future:

Can i ask everyone who posts to use the simple template and if you want to add more, just edit your post rather than creating a new one (keeps everything clean and focused).
REMEMBER : EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion! You may not like it but this is not a discussion thread.

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018
Races with changing weather conditions i.e. Wet/dry or dry/wet/dry

Get all new drivers who have not competed in previous seasons to complete an assessment race to demonstrate the rolling start procedure to ensure no hiccups in the season's races.

Ideas for future:
Possibly have one week with two sprint races. Race 1 - 20 minutes with 10 minutes quali. Race 2 - 20 minutes with reverse finishing order from race 1

• Friendly
Reactions: Shnoo80

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Races with changing weather conditions i.e. Wet/dry or dry/wet/dry (+1 vote for Pappa's idea)
Nurbu Combined - this race was epic. It was perfectly stable, no disconnections. It could be 1.5h though.
Long and fast track races (Nurbu combined, SPA, Hockenheim classic - love it!). There is also Bathurst, full Le Mans, maybe we can race on Monza Historic?
Leagues coordination is awesome. Friendly atomsphere, careful and respectful driving. Existance of stewards panel :)

Get all new drivers who have not competed in previous seasons to complete an assessment race to demonstrate the rolling start procedure to ensure no hiccups in the season's races (+1)
More info in forum about staring order and 1st place right/left position
More precise info about championship points calculation (1 worst round is dropped in final standings). You can even add 1 column in google sheet that shows provisional standings including 1 drop.
Small grid. But from the other hand - less players means more stable lobby :D
No broadcasts
My personal preference - start is just a bit too early. Best would be to start races at 8:30p. But I know that other players like how it is now.

Ideas for future:
* Possibly have one week with two sprint races. Race 1 - 20 minutes with 10 minutes quali. Race 2 - 20 minutes with reverse finishing order from race 1 (+1)
* Have 1.5h races with accelerated day/time progress. So this 1.5h can be like 12h race
* Allow to broadcast the game without commentary
* Maybe have 1 race with mandatory use of 2 different compounds? But I know that it is hard to verify, but maybe you have an idea for this.
* One race during a season has a random weather - 3 random weather slots sync to race (1.5h races)

Last edited:

oOAcheyThumbsOo

AOR XB1 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Aug 2, 2019
Changing weather through the race.
Day into night transitions.
Mandatory pit stops.

None really apart from we've had a few issues with formation starts with newbies and experienced drivers alike. Maybe mix the starts up to have standing and formation every other week.

Ideas for future:
Possibly no qualifying in next race for previous race winner.
A lucky dip round that the track and conditions get agreed on race day, some how.

Shnoo80

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 8, 2019
Moved the idea to my initial post

Last edited:

IsaacS04

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 25, 2019
I don’t have much to say but there is definitely one thing. The pole sitter gets to choose what side they start on. There is definitely a few tracks where the pole sitter is not on the ideal line for defending their positions. This is how starts work in NASCAR - pole chooses where they want to start.

Valerio

Formula Karter
Nov 1, 2019
- Friendly environment.
- Close and clean racing.
- Keep up the good work with the spreadsheets, would be nice to see more stats.

- Engage more people. We are not many, and between who can't attend and others that get disconnected is a bit sad to see certain races end with only 6 or 7 cars.
- Chaotic formation laps.
- Rolling start positions should match what the game sets for "standing" start. For example, in Le Mans we started with odds on the right because of T1 being slightly on the right hand side - but the game starting grid was with odds on the left which seems more accurate to me. I am not sure whether it was only about this specific track.
- Start on time and with the correct lobby settings.
- @PapaBear please fix your microphone :D; it does produce a massive amount of white noise. I have to lower the party chat volume down to the point I can't actually hear possible useful information you are trying to communicate.
- Live stream / Broadcaster / Race director during the race itself. That would possibly free the host from some responsibility and let him concentrate on the driving.

Ideas for future:
- Update the scoring system to be more similar to the actual blancpain GT series one. Points for only the first 10 positions and only if they have completed at least 75% of the race, etc.
- 1 point for the fastest lap of the race, only awarded if the car ends the race in the top 10. (like in F1).
- Open the lobby at 7:30 with 30 minutes of free practice (or 7:45 and 15 minutes) to let people join as they arrive.
- Accelerated tyre wear, to avoid people pitting too early or too late. It also gives a meaning to the pit stop that right now it's just a stop and go most of the times and rewards drivers who takes care of their tyres.

Last edited: