AOR GTA Racing League | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTA Racing League

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
It doesn't make a difference it is Gta not f1 you can't make the races 100% clean and perfect (nothing done badly by you ) it's just the game doesn't allow that
I know I'll never be like f1, but quite a few people enjoy sports class more. And it's doesn't cost as much to the people who want a sports car to a super car. Also it's easier to learn the tracks with slower cars.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I'm on Ellis' side. I feel sports are easier, that I agree with, but as a result I also feel the skill boundaries are too small. Super cars allow for the best racers to show they're the best and also give a bigger opportunity for the slower racers to improve. Not to mention I personally had to put in around 4 hours of gameplay to get and Entity which I then sold and had to put another 3 or so hours in to get a Zentorno just to be competitive. If we do this I then have to put another 3/4 hours to get YET ANOTHER car. It's ridiculous. Why not just use everyone in the same stock car if you're going to slow it down? I don't personally like that idea much but it makes more sense than changing from custom super to custom sports IMO.

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
I'm on Ellis' side. I feel sports are easier, that I agree with, but as a result I also feel the skill boundaries are too small. Super cars allow for the best racers to show they're the best and also give a bigger opportunity for the slower racers to it improve. Not to mention I personally had to put in around 4 hours of gameplay to get and Entity which I then sold and had to put another 3 or so hours in to get a Zentorno just to be competitive. If we do this I then have to put another 3/4 hours to get YET ANOTHER car. It's ridiculous. Why not just use everyone in the same stock car if you're going to slow it down? I don't personally like that idea much but it makes more sense than changing from custom super to custom sports IMO.
Yeah I didn't consider that, so yh after that I will rethink my decision and we will use SUPERS, sorry guys for all this but I just want what people enjoy most and most enjoy supers (my bad) as I thought people enjoyed sports )should have asked really. But anyway The MGM Circuit is the season opener, so I look forward to some great racing :) also do you guys think a yellow flag rule would be a good idea? as if there's a big incident with 3-5 drivers and they end up 20+ seconds behind leader we can all bunch up and restart race? (Really sorry)

@TRL Ellis @TRL Schumacher @LST Viperz @LeTuckather @Smithycity99 @KurtJP35 @TroyzeH @Jack Carr Riley @T6 BULLET @MrJonesyy @tmattable @FormulaMoss F1

Reactions: KurtJP35

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
One thing I would change is that everyone should be made to use the same cars, as people who play the game loads get rewarded as they can afford better upgrades and cars, and the people who only hop on it once a week get disadvantaged because they have less experience and money so they have no chance, don't see why we can't just use normal unmodified cars.

Reactions: FormulaMoss F1

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I think the yellow flag rule sounds fine as long as it's employed appropriately. Need to be careful though as over-use of it could cause serious harm to front-runners.

Reactions: FormulaMoss F1

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
I think the yellow flag rule sounds fine as long as it's employed appropriately. Need to be careful though as over-use of it could cause serious harm to front-runners.
I agree, il only use it if there's quite a big incedent at turn 1 or maybe it can only be applied on the first half of the race. I also need everyone in gamerchat, so I can call a yellow flag and everyone knows and can bunch up. of course, no overtaking but then we can just get going when everyone's together and go on the next checkpoint, then we won't have to waste a full lap of racing just to get going on the the start finish straight like real life.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428696596][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about we just use zentornos non customised like season 1 and have a trial run on a certain night and see how it goes
I understand how it would make everyone equal, but the handling different, and let's be honest in my old league everyone wanted custom cars coz stock cars weren't very good esp around chicanes etc. plus poeple have practiced my tracks with there own custom car, they would have to get used to different handling which makes there practice a waste of time in a way.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428696711][/DOUBLEPOST]
One thing I would change is that everyone should be made to use the same cars, as people who play the game loads get rewarded as they can afford better upgrades and cars, and the people who only hop on it once a week get disadvantaged because they have less experience and money so they have no chance, don't see why we can't just use normal unmodified cars.
It's just like any other game though tbh, the more you go on it and practice the better you can get but that's just the way it is, and I explained why I'm not so keen on the idea of using stock cars to Ellis in the post above :)

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Yeh but to get good on F1 you get better set ups and practice racing, to get better cars on GTA you have to pump hours into heists to get a decent amount of money, you can't just go on and race in your car and that's that you'll get better because i'm level 31 and there's no way i'll beat a level 533 with infinite money and every upgrade on his car no matter how much I practice with my car at half it's best.

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
Yeh but to get good on F1 you get better set ups and practice racing, to get better cars on GTA you have to pump hours into heists to get a decent amount of money, you can't just go on and race in your car and that's that you'll get better because i'm level 31 and there's no way i'll beat a level 533 with infinite money and every upgrade on his car no matter how much I practice with my car at half it's best.
I don't think at level 31 you have every upgrade available to you anyway?? (performance wise maybe not things like paint designs and explosives but the main ones you have unlocked) But money wise yeah it is an issue. What is your best customised car on the game atm?

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well for some of the better upgrades you need to win 30 odd races which I don't have the time to do and even if I did I wouldn't be able to afford them once i'd won the races. And I don't know the name of it, it's not one of the best 2.

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
And Moss you are basically saying practice more and get better like any other game but it's different with GTA as it's impossible to beat someone with a fully upgraded car with a mildly upgraded car. With your logic it's like saying if Roberto Merhi practiced long enough in his terrible car he would be able to beat Hamilton in his amazing car...

Last edited:

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
And Moss you are basically saying practice more and get better like any other game but it's different with GTA as it's impossible to beat someone with a fully upgraded car with a mildly upgraded car. With your logic it's like saying if Roberto Merhi practiced long enough in his terrible car he would be able to beat Hamilton in his amazing car...
People want there own custom cars, it didn't really work on my old league using stock cars as that made tracks really difficult to drive.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428769974][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well for some of the better upgrades you need to win 30 odd races which I don't have the time to do and even if I did I wouldn't be able to afford them once i'd won the races. And I don't know the name of it, it's not one of the best 2.[/QUOTE
Well for some of the better upgrades you need to win 30 odd races which I don't have the time to do and even if I did I wouldn't be able to afford them once i'd won the races. And I don't know the name of it, it's not one of the best 2.
If you sell your torismo and get the zentorno (which is quicker) it doesn't need any suspension upgrades, so you wouldn't need as much money. It is just unfortunate the way the gta system works. The upgrades make a difference but its still fairly equal depending on what upgrades you have to your car compared to others anyway.

Reactions: KurtJP35

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Well it's your call, I'll just have to twittle round at the back then with Troy and Chris. But surely if the cars are difficult to drive stock, then whoever wins is the best?

Last edited:

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
Well it's your call, I'll just have to twittle round at the back then with Trot and Chris. But surely if the cars are difficult to drive stock, then whoever wins is the best?
I've actually thought of a solution, but it involves changing the start, if I put it on GTA setting instead of standard, as then you can get out of your car and go in mine then I can respawn and get my own car again. But that's the only Solution I have tbh and it just complicates things

Last edited:

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
Final update before season opener: the yellow flag rule is introduced where if there is a big incident we call yellow flags and we all bunch up and restart the race, it can only be called out in the first half of the race, and anyone who doesn't dollow the rule and carries on will be dsq from the race and will recieve a drive-thru lane penalty. Anyway lobby opens 8pm GMT and race starts 8:15pm at The MGM Circuit :)

@TRL Ellis @TRL Schumacher @LST Viperz @T6 BULLET @tmattable @TroyzeH @KurtJP35 @Jack Carr Riley @LeTuckather @MrJonesyy @Smithycity99

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
Next week the lobby will be set up earlier next week (7:50pm) and the latest we will start is 8:15, there will be a new host to the lobby so people can get in.
Should we all use the same car? As it kind of is unfair on people who don't have same car to the people that do have fully upgraded car, so I will do a vote: And the race went fairly well, could have won but I didn't. Also well done to Kurt on winning the season opener and to everyone who race and finished, we could have had 10+ people if everyone could join lobby so pleased with the turn out and we still raced with 8 :) next week is the Ring Road GP so have a good race there :)

@TRL Ellis @TRL Schumacher @KurtJP35 @Smithycity99 @TroyzeH @tmattable @LST Viperz @Jack Carr Riley @LeTuckather @FormulaMoss F1