PC AOR GTE - Main Thread

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
ps58kaf.png

AOR Project CARS 2 GTE Leagues
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the GTE League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

● League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle @StephenCarry
● Race Host: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Back-up Host: @StephenCarry

Drivers and Teams:

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member

And we are live for the GTE league. A warm welcome to all who signed up. I'm gonna need all of you to pick a car and livery (and team up with a fellow driver if that suits your fancy) in the car and team registration thread as quickly as possible as we need the info to make sure we don't have any duplicate liveries for the season and our resident commentators @Kiki Mac and @Thekinky1 will also need it for their own spotter guides.

Let's make it a good one :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Ford GT Number 7
Please, in the correct thread so everything is in one place :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Alright then, tonight it all goes down and I wish everyone good luck for the pre-season race :)

Just some information to the number of new drivers we have got for this league.
As you should know by now, it's in the rules that it is mandatory to be on our official Discord server on the race night. To join the server follow the link below and click the invite link. Once you have joined the Discord server you need to go into the text channel called #game-assignment. Here you will find a post by our lovely AOR MoBot where you will have to react to the post with the Project CARS reaction. This will give you access to all the Project CARS text and voice channels.
When it is time for the lobby to start, we will be in the voice channel called League Lobby 1. This is a push-to-talk only channel so you'll need to assign a button for push-to-talk somewhere that is easily accessible during the race. If you don't have a mic or simply don't wanna talk then that's fine as well. The main thing is that you can hear what others say. It'll be almost impossible for me to give out important information during the night if we don't have everyone on Discord. So very important that you get this working before the race tonight.

Now you're all set to go have some fun racing :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Driver update:

A warm welcome to @Asturbo and @P.E.K.K.A who join us just in time for the proper start of the season. They will be joining as reserve #3 and reserve #4 respectively. Please get your car and livery choice in before the race next week :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Driver update:

Welcome to @GA89 who joins as reserve #5. Please choose your car and livery in the car and team registration thread as soon as possible, and lastest before the race on Wednesday :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
As many of you know, we made the unfortunate discovery last race that the Ford gets filled up with a full tank for race start even when we extent the sprint races to 70 minutes in laps. This gave it a pretty big advantage of not having to fuel very much in the pits, and we don't wish for one car on the grid to have a clear advantage such as this over the other cars. We wanted every car on the grid to be as competitive as possible. So we have in light of this decided to shorthen the sprint races to 50 minutes in laps. This has been completely tried and tested (thanks a lot to those of you volunteering to be part of the test this evening) and we know 100% that all cars will start with a full tank in the sprint races now. We also took the opportunity to test the endurance races, and no cars started with a full tank for those either.
So the advantage that the Ford had in the sprint races is now gone, as all cars should be able to make it to the end without fuelling in the pits.
We are sorry that we had to make this decision so close to season start, but I think everyone agrees that it's in everyone's interest to make the racing as fair and close as possible so we can all have fun no matter what car we have chosen for the season :)

Steve Allan

F1 Champion
After some serious consideration, I've decided to withdraw from the league, I'm not very committed to playing PC2 at the moment and I would much rather give someone else the chance to race instead.

Wishing everyone else in the league a fun and successful one.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member