BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
League: AOR GTE Round 1 - Road America
Date: 16/09/2019
Members Involved:
@Tiffosi72
Lap & Corner: Lap 14, between turn 11a and 11b. Lap 24, exiting turn 5. Lap 29, entering the braking zone of turn 5. Lap 34 while running wide at final turn 14. Lap 38 inbetween turn 5 and 6.
Description: Sylvain flashes his lights unnecessarily at various points throughout the race at different drivers who he was fighting with for position. Lap 14 incident he flashed at Marjan Koderman. Lap 24 he flashed at me. Lap 29 he flashed at Ben Hitchcock just as they were coming into the braking zone. Lap 34 he flashed at Daniel Lindholdt while running wide at the final turn for no reason, then flashes him again on Lap 38 while passing him, trying to distract him I guess. Once or even twice I wouldn't care, but five times while battling with other cars is excessive and bad sportsmanship in my opinion.

If you need me to post visual evidence I can, but didn't feel it necessary when flashing is fairly self-explanatory.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@BenOnWheels could you provide a video of the flashing towards you? We don't always have a replay available, so it would really help.

@Tiffosi72 would you like to add anything?

@mancSLO @VSR Davidben @Lindholdt you were also mentioned in the inquiry. You can post your view.

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
I was going to make my own inquiry about this issue, but thanks @BenOnWheels for making this one.
@Stephan So you need a video from me, or is a description of my incidents enough?

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
We would need evidence.

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
Nathing critical there. Sylvain was in the same lap and maby he was press the wrong button, which prowide a blinking. I do not belive, that he was blinking like: "Go into the grass. I'm there:ROFLMAO: or something".

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
As requested,evidence of the incidents involving me:
Sorry about the strange crop, OBS was messing with me. But you can see whats going on.

I will add that I find it quite distracting being flashed at for no reason, and as I wrote earlier I would have made my own inquiry if Ben hadn't made this one.

Last edited:

Tiffosi72

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 4, 2019
Good morning or good evening.
So to start. Yes I have flashlight but in order to signify my presence, I will also add that the flashlight cars were only cars of lower category so in absolute not reason to fight. he is (for me) in the interest of both parties.

Ben , for me flashlight maybe just because you spring under the nose in the pit. Without good will on my part, either one is in the other is better out.
I express my dissatisfaction.

Daniel, why I flashlight you as for Ben, to show my presence.

wasting time was not the right strategy for both of us.
Finally on your video my first flashlight is to express my annoyance to follow your trajectories.
and
the second action is simply to make you understand that there I will go (overtake you).

Now to say and hold propros like it's anti sports and not fair play ... I do not agree.There are three categories so common sense it takes ... to fight a battle against a driver in another category is just a waste of time.

I did not use my lights to pass a driver of my category.

Last edited:

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
You may not agree, but the rules are pretty clear. Flashing is only for blue flag conditions:
Headlights:
As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to pass the driver being lapped, and should let the lapping car pass at the next safe available opportunity.
Any other reason to flash the lights is deemed invalid.

Tiffosi72

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 4, 2019
Once again I repeat it. I used my lighthouse calls for prevention purposes and not for any form of bullying.

If to prevent that a car of a higher category returns is prohibited bah it is a pity.
I remember that there is more general ranking so as said on my previous post no interest to fight with you ...!? yes, waste time and risk touching yourself. Maybe you were waiting for that?

Soon ... forbidden to overtake t1 lap1

bref...

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
No need to argue. Stewards will look into it.

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
We decided to hand 4 warnings for excessive flashing to @Tiffosi72. 3 warnings equal 1 reprimand, therefore the total is 1 reprimand and 1 warning.

We would also like to remind everyone, that all cars are still competing with each other for position, even if they don't affect the class positions or championships.

Being PRO doesn't entitle to pass cars of other classes. People can chose to fight. It's for position, even though that doesn't affect the championship.
Overall positions may affect a drivers future placement. So people can basically fight for promotion by beating cars in higher classes, or even battle for fun or pride.
It's all part of racing.

In addition, I'd like to add that class placements are preliminary and are being revisited after round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.