AOR GTE - ROUND 10 BELLE ISLE - START OF THE RACE INVESTIGATION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTE - ROUND 10 BELLE ISLE - START OF THE RACE INVESTIGATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Thread Title: Round 10 - Race start investigation
League: GTE
Date: 18-11
Members that had contact: @Merlin Cooper @Stephan @Argon @Reith @Alessandro Pontecorvi @Lindholdt @HCR Dortmund
Lap & Corner:
Lap 1, T4
Description: @Merlin Cooper clips the kerb on the inside of T4 and loses control of the car initiating a first contact between himself, @Reith @Argon and @Stephan . A second incident occurs when @Alessandro Pontecorvi @Lindholdt and @HCR Dortmund try to clear the road block.

Please provide your view of the incident if you deem it necessary. You have 48 hours to do so starting now.

Last edited:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Not much to say from my perspective.
I did slow down to avoid the incident, but I didn't really anticipate @Reith to shoot across the track. In hindsight, I should have. Nothing @Reith could have done either.
Here's my POV:

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Footage pretty much covers it. One thing I do want to add that my FOV is quite a bit lower than the one used in the footage. I didn't know there had been an incident until I got hit myself. I can upload a clip/screenshot if needed for reference.

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
It sucked.
It was called out over Discord, so I took it slowly into the corner. It kinda escalated as I was going around the corner and I was on the brakes to slow down as the green Ferrari went across the track. I think I would have made it, if I hadn't been hit in the back/side. But I was, and therefore I went into the green Ferrari and flipped it over, even though I was breaking.
The location of the pile up was unlucky, but I feel I did what I could to not make it worse, but got caught up in it anyway.

Alessandro Pontecorvi

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 12, 2019
From my point of view I was prepared to take it very easy the first couple of laps at least. When I saw the incident I slowed down, was prepared to stop but I saw that the left side of the road was clear, tried to turn there but got a hit from behind, the rear is pretty clear from the video. I was tilted and did a couple of turn who destroyed my car

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
I new that there was a car to my left side towards turn T4 - tried to take the corner tight to leave sufficient space on the outside for the other car. Slightly locked my brakes and therefore clipped the curb, touched the wall and bounced back from the wall on the other side of the track.

I apologize to all driver who did get caught in the pile up afterwards - don't think that you guys really had a chance to avoid the contacts at ałl. Have to take the blame for this although I did not really have the space to go wide and it was quite unfortunate that I bounced back from the wall.

Last edited:

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have decided to give Cooper a reprimand for causing this incident. He should've taken more care on lap 1.

Hall is also given a reprimand for the the contact with Lindholdt. We believe he should have held the brakes for longer when he noticed slow traffic in front of him to minimize the damage.

@Merlin Cooper @HCR Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.