AOR GTE - Round 9 Motegi - Start of the race investigation | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTE - Round 9 Motegi - Start of the race investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Thread Title: Round 9 - Race start investigation
League: GTE
Date: 11-11
Members Involved: @Curly @Ycoms @n0body_
Lap & Corner:
Start of the race
Description: Holstein went full throttle before Bennet, as result cars behind bunched up and Bennet and Woodford made contact.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
To explain what happened here, Hugo was on pole but did not make the grid. So i was effective P1 for the race start. When we got to the pit straight @Ycoms pc blinked and he went early. He more than gave up any time gained here. However both @n0body_ and @AndyG reacted to Chris moving rather than reacting to my car which was still at a steady pace. This led to the damage to my car. I believe Andy ended up with a drive-through because of this as well. Confusing situation due to the pole sitter not making the grid, not sure whether the guys behind just got mixed up with who to follow.

Clip of my damage to rear + diffuser:

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
I had the old "Racing tunnel vision"
Didn't clock that the control went to Alex, so when I saw Chris go I instinctively went with him.

AndyG

Junior Karter
Oct 29, 2019
To explain what happened here, Hugo was on pole but did not make the grid. So i was effective P1 for the race start. When we got to the pit straight @Ycoms pc blinked and he went early. He more than gave up any time gained here. However both @n0body_ and @AndyG reacted to Chris moving rather than reacting to my car which was still at a steady pace. This led to the damage to my car. I believe Andy ended up with a drive-through because of this as well. Confusing situation due to the pole sitter not making the grid, not sure whether the guys behind just got mixed up with who to follow.

Clip of my damage to rear + diffuser:
It was a confusing situation with Hugo not being able to take up pole position. From my point of view I wasn't sure if the P3 man takes up the role as pole man (like they do in karting) or if P2 takes up that role. So when i saw P3 accelerate, i decided to go but then he braked hard and i ended up ahead of him as we crossed the line which led to me getting a penalty. I think it was just an unfortunate start for me caused by confusion.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Coming around the final corner I blinked for a few seconds (or at least I couldn't see any cars for that time period), after the first of that second I decided to go to avoid to potentially find myself inside another car if Alex would have gone, which would have been worse I guess. Anyway, very sorry I caused this massive confusion, was definitely not my intention. :/

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
This was a difficult one for us to find a consensus.

It all started with confusion from Hugos disconnect.
We see evidence that @Curly had the field in his control.

@Ycoms floored it, jumping the start, then braked.
Chris flooring it caused @AndyG and @n0body_ to go as well.

Andy got a jump start penalty from iRacing which he served.
@n0body_ rear ended @Curly and @Ycoms avoided a possible in game penalty by braking.

We decided to hand @n0body_ a pit lane stop penalty to be served in the next race he attends.
Pit Lane Stop Penalty:
If you are handed a Pit lane stop penalty, then when you serve your pit stop, at some point during the pit lane, you must reach the pit lane speed limit, bring your car to a complete stop, then you can set off again.

It is up to the driver to decide where they serve their penalty in the pit lane, but we request it is not done in line with the pit stops as to not distract other drivers. This is also to not mess up any driver who is at either extreme end of the pit lane.

These penalties will be checked. It is on the driver to ensure their car stops. We will check based off the iRacing HUD speedo and physically watching the car. If either of these show you have not stopped the car, then you have not served your penalty. You are advised to save your race replay in-case you do not show up in the replays for the coordinators.
We hand @Ycoms a drive through penalty to be served in the next race he attends for jumping the start and then braking.

We will incorporate instructions on what to do if P1 disconnects into the race rules, but await official clarification from iRacing before adding the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.