Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Date: 2019-10-17

Members Involved:
#306 Richard Brenneman (@Afterlithe)
#369 Merlin Cooper (@Merlin Cooper)

Lap & Corner: Lap 3, turn 12

Complaint: "Car #306 causing a collision"
  • Car #306 had a better exit out of the chicane and came partially alongside on the way to turn12.
  • #396 (me) did leave sufficent space to go side by side through the corner.
  • At the exit of turn 12 car #306 moved to the outside not leaving sufficient space for car #369, caused a collision and spun car #396
Although impact did not look that severy car#396 it took about 8 min to repair the car - could continue the race being 4 laps down.

Supporting documentation:

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
Entirely my fault. I tried to hug the inside too soon, clipped the inside curb and couldn't stop from moving over that far.

Very sorry for ruining your race Merlin.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Entirely my fault. I tried to hug the inside too soon, clipped the inside curb and couldn't stop from moving over that far.

Very sorry for ruining your race Merlin.
No harsh feelings at all - off course I was disappointed right after the incident, but you appologized right away. See you on track - hopefully next week (is a little unknown do to I'm being reserve driver this season). Keep racing.

P.S.: More disappointing to me was the incident I caused by simply overlooking a car trying to lap me. But that's a different story.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have decided to give Richard a pit lane stop penalty that needs to be served in the next race he attends.

@Merlin Cooper @Afterlithe

Status
Not open for further replies.