AOR GTLM League - Season 2 - Round 13 - Le Mans - 1 April 2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTLM League - Season 2 - Round 13 - Le Mans - 1 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Event Information:
Date: Saturday, 1 April 2017
Lobby opens: 1:45PM (Eastern US / 6:45PM UK time)
Event starts: 2:00PM (Eastern US / 7PM UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 5 laps (4 Flying)
- Race: 20 Laps, 3 mandatory pit stops

Notices:

Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the league. As a driver in this league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Track Limits: The track limits for are defined by white and yellow lines around the circuit. Drivers must keep two wheels inside of the track limits at all times. Any malicious or careless abuse of track limits to gain an advantage will be punished by the stewards. For this race, the following is an exception to the defined track limits:

Driving Etiquette: Generally speaking, there should be very little contact while racing. The following are guidelines that drivers should adhere to and are guidelines used by the stewards:

• If you cause an accident, ensure you wait on the affected driver(s). Failure to do so will result in a penalty.
  • Generally speaking, it is the responsibility of the trailing car to avoid contact when attempting an overtake.
  • When attempting an overtake into a corner, the general rule of thumb is the overtaking car should have his front wheels at least along side the leading car's rear wheels in the braking zone. Excessive lunging to the apex that causes contact will not be tolerated from either the trailing or leading car.
  • Turn one incidents should be kept to a minimum. Causing an accident in turn one is extremely frustrating for other drivers. Going forward, any contact in turn one (deliberately or otherwise) that alters the outcome of an affected driver's race will be punished by the stewards.
  • Intentional abuse of track limits will not be tolerated. See above section for exceptions.
  • Finally, race as you wished to be raced. Respect fellow drivers at all times.

No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Lobby Settings:

• Game Type: Circuit Race
  • Damage Difficulty: Simulation
  • Collision Mode: Always On
  • Car class: R
  • Division: GTLM
  • Tune: Tune by L MedaL L
  • End Condition: NUMLAPS
  • Grid Ordering: Best Lap (Ascending - Yes)
  • End of Race Timer: 5 Minutes

Settings Changed for Qualifying:

• Collision Mode: Always Off
  • Compare Best Lap Scores: Yes
  • Grid Ordering: Random
  • Per-Car Roll Off Delay: 2 Seconds

Track Information:
  • Layout: Circuit de la Sarthe 8.48 miles
  • Track Conditions: Day
Driver's Missing

Reserve Drivers Needed

Navigation Links:
Sign-Ups

Race Calendar
League Rules
Stewards Panel
Results and Standings

Last edited:

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
I know I officially am a reserve driver, but I won't be able to make this race. Since I joined AOR I did everything I could to get Le Mans on the calendar for once, and the one time we actually run Le Mans I won't be there...:cry::cry::cry:
Have 4 very important exams in the week after this race, so won't go to my parents house in the weekend.

Really enjoyed this season, although the attendance was relatively low. Didn't spoil the fun for me. After having some strange internet issues in the early part of this season I'm just happy with every race I finish:D. Hope to see you guys again in the next league, or on Forza 7 if there won't be any more leagues on Forza 6 here. Also special thanks to the coordinators. It hasn't been the easiest season to run because numbers dropped dramatically, but you made it work nonetheless.(y)

Reactions: BPRL Goblin

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
TURN THE F*CK UP PEOPLE.:D

Last race was nose to tail at the front, probably the most fun race in a long while, hopefully this one will be good too, Perhaps the slipstream will actually be of use on this track...

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
Probably won't be back in time for the race start. Good luck everyone

• Kappa
Reactions: EMR Europa

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Have a good race everyone! Or at least the people who actually turn up.:D

• Funny
Reactions: EMR Europa

zNorzia

Junior Karter
Feb 5, 2017
I'll be racing tonight, hopefully it's a good one to end the season off on a high

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I've had problems with my kids mum and thus my kids so I've only just got home with my kids in tow. Massive apologises

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
So... Who won and how many people did turn up?

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
We had 5. Callum won, zNorzia 2nd, me 3rd, Max 4th and Gixer 5th.
Jesus christ. 5 people? I know I wasn't there as well so I've very little right to complain, but 5 is just ridiculous. What I think is worse is that of the 4 coordinators none turned up. It went downhill with AOR the last 4 months, but this is a new low. Wouldn't be surprised if this was the last season of this, and any series on AOR on Forza 6. There was a time when people who signed up for a season actually finished it and not just quit after a few races...

After everything I said above it might sound a little cynical, but it's not meant that way. Sorry to hear that @Regamus. Hope everything is fine.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I think for many Forza 6 is dead and over the last two seasons we've seen evidence of that in declining number of drivers.

The idea of returning to a similar format of the Mazda league in which two short races are run was floated around but I can't personally see it moving beyond ithis season.

If this is the end it's certainly not the ending anyone would want to see, but you can be sure within days of Forza 7 being released we will be back.

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
I think for many Forza 6 is dead and over the last two seasons we've seen evidence of that in declining number of drivers.

The idea of returning to a similar format of the Mazda league in which two short races are run was floated around but I can't personally see it moving beyond ithis season.

If this is the end it's certainly not the ending anyone would want to see, but you can be sure within days of Forza 7 being released we will be back.
I've been racing here for like 10 months now, and it's really painful to see it fall apart this way. It used to be 20 man plus lobby's, and now be barely hit 10. I would love to see another season, but when only 8 people turn up there's no point.

Funny you say something about a format with 2 shorter races. As I yesterday made a interest thread for a single car league with the 'GTCC' format:D. Hope it gets some interest, but highly doubt it. Think it might be more successful when you coordinators come up with a new plan for a league.

Status
Not open for further replies.