AOR GTLM League - Season 2 - Round 8 - Silverstone - 25 February 2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTLM League - Season 2 - Round 8 - Silverstone - 25 February 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Event Information:
Date: Saturday, 25 February 2017
Lobby opens: 1:45PM (Eastern US / 6:45PM UK time)
Event starts: 2:00PM (Eastern US / 7PM UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 5 laps (4 Flying)
- Race: 37 Laps, 3 mandatory pit stops

Notices:

Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the league. As a driver in this league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Track Limits: The track limits for are defined by white and yellow lines around the circuit. Drivers must keep two wheels inside of the track limits at all times. Any malicious or careless abuse of track limits to gain an advantage will be punished by the stewards. For this race, the following is an exception to the defined track limits:

Driving Etiquette: Generally speaking, there should be very little contact while racing. The following are guidelines that drivers should adhere to and are guidelines used by the stewards:

• If you cause an accident, ensure you wait on the affected driver(s). Failure to do so will result in a penalty.
  • Generally speaking, it is the responsibility of the trailing car to avoid contact when attempting an overtake.
  • When attempting an overtake into a corner, the general rule of thumb is the overtaking car should have his front wheels at least along side the leading car's rear wheels in the braking zone. Excessive lunging to the apex that causes contact will not be tolerated from either the trailing or leading car.
  • Turn one incidents should be kept to a minimum. Causing an accident in turn one is extremely frustrating for other drivers. Going forward, any contact in turn one (deliberately or otherwise) that alters the outcome of an affected driver's race will be punished by the stewards.
  • Intentional abuse of track limits will not be tolerated. See above section for exceptions.
  • Finally, race as you wished to be raced. Respect fellow drivers at all times.

No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Lobby Settings:

• Game Type: Circuit Race
  • Damage Difficulty: Simulation
  • Collision Mode: Always On
  • Car class: R
  • Division: GTLM
  • Tune: Tune by L MedaL L
  • End Condition: NUMLAPS
  • Grid Ordering: Best Lap (Ascending - Yes)
  • End of Race Timer: 5 Minutes

Settings Changed for Qualifying:

• Collision Mode: Always Off
  • Compare Best Lap Scores: Yes
  • Grid Ordering: Random
  • Per-Car Roll Off Delay: 2 Seconds

Track Information:
  • Layout: Grand Prix Circuit 3.19 miles
  • Track Conditions: Day
Driver's Missing

Reserve Drivers Needed

Navigation Links:
Sign-Ups

Race Calendar
League Rules
Stewards Panel
Results and Standings

Last edited:

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
99% chance I won't be there this weekend, have a meeting in D.C.
Here are the times I was able to do in the cars after 5 laps

Dodge: 2:02.565
Corvette: 2:02.647
Mercedes: 2:02.498

Obviously there is more time out there, but here are a few things I noticed for each car:

Dodge: best car by far in the last sector, especially the final chicane. Struggles somewhat in the first corner, and is decent through the S section.

Corvette: sucks in the first corner, really good after that. Handles the S's really well.

Mercedes: awesome in the first corner, especially if you stay in 5th gear. Probably the easiest car to handle here as well.

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
this new update could also see the end of rolling starts as you can form the grid how you want and have a proper race start.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
yes but like most changes with updates they will not be implemented in the current season, but the being able to set the grid will be useful, and may be tried, but please do remember if we have to use it bare with us as there may be a few more mistakes as well

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
yes but like most changes with updates they will not be implemented in the current season, but the being able to set the grid will be useful, and may be tried, but please do remember if we have to use it bare with us as there may be a few more mistakes as well
Well the new system will allow the race to be reset in the correct order every time. I've tested using it by arranging a few drivatars in a particular order, and after you confirm the race launch you have to finalise the grid at the launch.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SavageSnailx69x

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Really enjoyed this race. Had some small battles with @SavageSnailx69x and @Morvic in the opening laps. After that it turned into a hot lapping contest with @BPRL Goblin for the rest of the race. Btw, I wasn't trying to be cheeky at the finish. I was just letting Max through so my AI wouldn't destroy him in turn 1.;)

For two races in a row now for me the Forza servers managed to not kick me out (Indi was my previous round. Missed last week). So I'm kind of hopeful anything now works again as it should.

Reactions: BPRL Goblin

BPRL Goblin

Formula Karter
Jun 27, 2015
Really enjoyed this race. Had some small battles with @SavageSnailx69x and @Morvic in the opening laps. After that it turned into a hot lapping contest with @BPRL Goblin for the rest of the race. Btw, I wasn't trying to be cheeky at the finish. I was just letting Max through so my AI wouldn't destroy him in turn 1.;)

For two races in a row now for me the Forza servers managed to not kick me out (Indi was my previous round. Missed last week). So I'm kind of hopeful anything now works again as it should.
Yeah I was constantly asking @zNorzia and @AOR Reversal for the gap, set some of my best laps at the end but it wasn't enough! Good race tho, seems I'm starting to pick up my pace to join the midfield, although the crashes at the start did help massively this race tbf! :p

Ted Davis

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 16, 2016
Reg I'm so sorry about hitting you it was lag punch I wasn't near you on my screen :( I'll link my stream to see the incident. Davin why the **** were you braking so early and why did you quit before you had chance to save the slide?

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Bit annoyed / dissapointed with that one i wont lie, had a crash at turn 3 which was probably down to me trying to go defensive on Ted and didnt realise he still had part of his car alongside then at the old turn 1 i discover a max le clerc flying across the track, basically race over from the as i spent the next hour and half hotlappig, highlights/ crash montage should be up within an hour

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
and if by magic!

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
On for my best finish of the season when my controller turned off and on again at the exit of maggots and beckett and I ploughed straight into the tyre wall.

• Kappa
Reactions: EMR Europa
Status
Not open for further replies.