AOR GTLM League - Season 2 - Round 9 - Bathurst - 4 March 2017 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTLM League - Season 2 - Round 9 - Bathurst - 4 March 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Event Information:
Date: Saturday, 4 March 2017
Lobby opens: 1:45PM (Eastern US / 6:45PM UK time)
Event starts: 2:00PM (Eastern US / 7PM UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 5 laps (4 Flying)
- Race: 37 Laps, 3 mandatory pit stops

Notices:

Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the league. As a driver in this league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Track Limits: The track limits for are defined by white and yellow lines around the circuit. Drivers must keep two wheels inside of the track limits at all times. Any malicious or careless abuse of track limits to gain an advantage will be punished by the stewards. For this race, the following is an exception to the defined track limits:

Driving Etiquette:
Generally speaking, there should be very little contact while racing. The following are guidelines that drivers should adhere to and are guidelines used by the stewards:

• If you cause an accident, ensure you wait on the affected driver(s). Failure to do so will result in a penalty.
  • Generally speaking, it is the responsibility of the trailing car to avoid contact when attempting an overtake.
  • When attempting an overtake into a corner, the general rule of thumb is the overtaking car should have his front wheels at least along side the leading car's rear wheels in the braking zone. Excessive lunging to the apex that causes contact will not be tolerated from either the trailing or leading car.
  • Turn one incidents should be kept to a minimum. Causing an accident in turn one is extremely frustrating for other drivers. Going forward, any contact in turn one (deliberately or otherwise) that alters the outcome of an affected driver's race will be punished by the stewards.
  • Intentional abuse of track limits will not be tolerated. See above section for exceptions.
  • Finally, race as you wished to be raced. Respect fellow drivers at all times.

No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Lobby Settings:

• Game Type: Circuit Race
  • Damage Difficulty: Simulation
  • Collision Mode: Always On
  • Car class: R
  • Division: GTLM
  • Tune: Tune by L MedaL L
  • End Condition: NUMLAPS
  • Grid Ordering: Best Lap (Ascending - Yes)
  • End of Race Timer: 5 Minutes

Settings Changed for Qualifying:

• Collision Mode: Always Off
  • Compare Best Lap Scores: Yes
  • Grid Ordering: Random
  • Per-Car Roll Off Delay: 2 Seconds

Track Information:
  • Layout: Full 3.86 miles
  • Track Conditions: Day
Driver's Missing

Reserve Drivers Needed

Navigation Links:
Sign-Ups

Race Calendar
League Rules
Stewards Panel
Results and Standings

Last edited:

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I'm looking forward to it, this sort of track highlights the difference between good race craft and not so much. I think a bonus point system for each driver who manages an incident free race.

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
I'm looking forward to it, this sort of track highlights the difference between good race craft and not so much. I think a bonus point system for each driver who manages an incident free race.
If both the attacking and defending car respect each other it can make for very great battling. Especially as the defending and maybe slower car can make his car so wide that it gets very hard to overtake. On the other hand. It is very easy for the attacking car to become impatient and cause a crash. Even when not battling it is very hard to put in a complete clean race. It sound (just a little bit:D) obvious, but it is just so important that drivers have a bit of patience around here.

• Faff
Reactions: Ted Davis

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
I'm not talking about trading paint or minor bumps. I'm referring to incidents that involve putting someone in the wall etc

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
This track is ass to race on. The only place to pass without there being a crash is a divebomb on the brakes at the bottom of the hill. You pretty much cant go side by side with anyone who is within 2 seconds a lap of you through the rest of the track

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I did 5 laps and did a 2:04.013 and another 2:04:0 before that, doubt I can go more than 2 tenths quicker than that in qualy trim though.

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
This track is ass to race on. The only place to pass without there being a crash is a divebomb on the brakes at the bottom of the hill. You pretty much cant go side by side with anyone who is within 2 seconds a lap of you through the rest of the track
That's one of the points I really enjoy about this track. If you keep your composure, which is very hard on this narrow track with someone behind you that is quite a bit faster than you, you can actually beat them. On almost every other track you would end up surrendering your position within a lap.

Btw, is anyone getting near their 'Modern GT' times from season 1? The cars are about the same PI but I don't even come close.

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
That's one of the points I really enjoy about this track. If you keep your composure, which is very hard on this narrow track with someone behind you that is quite a bit faster than you, you can actually beat them. On almost every other track you would end up surrendering your position within a lap.

Btw, is anyone getting near their 'Modern GT' times from season 1? The cars are about the same PI but I don't even come close.
I didn't compete in the first season, so wouldn't know, however the tunes are different and that can be worth 1.5 seconds per lap tbh. I wouldn't worry about matching previous times. I think mid pack would probably be mid to late 2:05s although it may be slower/faster. This track is a weird one because there's always a big difference in speed between people. Pole is likely a high 2:03 as a reference

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
I didn't compete in the first season, so wouldn't know, however the tunes are different and that can be worth 1.5 seconds per lap tbh. I wouldn't worry about matching previous times. I think mid pack would probably be mid to late 2:05s although it may be slower/faster. This track is a weird one because there's always a big difference in speed between people. Pole is likely a high 2:03 as a reference
Only could get a low 2:06 which according to you is a little over 2 seconds of the pace. So that means I'll probably be a backmarker around here. Could go a little faster tho. The most important thing will be keeping my car out of the wall, but that goes for everyone i guess. One lapse of concentration can just destroy your entire race.

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Only could get a low 2:06 which according to you is a little over 2 seconds of the pace. So that means I'll probably be a backmarker around here. Could go a little faster tho. The most important thing will be keeping my car out of the wall, but that goes for everyone i guess. One lapse of concentration can just destroy your entire race.
Honestly, if you're doing low 2:06s that's still decent, its a momentum track and I think quite a lot of people will be of a similar pace because you've been upper mid pack most of the times I've seen you race.
[DOUBLEPOST=1488631036][/DOUBLEPOST]
pretty consistent 2:03-4s but a high 2:02 is possible
I can see it, I only done 5 laps, I really hate this track. But Its gotta be a pretty monster lap to be a 2:02 in qualifying. The race I wouldn't be surprised as it's always faster .

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Just did a fuel run, and you can do 14 laps in the Corvette. Maybe 15 if you lift and coast a few times.

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
It worries me that my first flying lap was 2.03.9...

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Dont wory if this seasons anything to go by i'll be involved in a huge wipeout on lap 1...
Just don't push it too hard on lap 1. Nobody should. The problem on this track is that there's nowhere to go when you out brake yourself or make a mistake. On Watkins Glen you can just go wide and rejoin. On this track you slam into a wall and cause a crash that blocks the entire track. I'm sure you'll be fine.

EVR Matt212

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Just don't push it too hard on lap 1. Nobody should. The problem on this track is that there's nowhere to go when you out brake yourself or make a mistake. On Watkins Glen you can just go wide and rejoin. On this track you slam into a wall and cause a crash that blocks the entire track. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Well somehow i had wipeouts at Silverstone and Sebring and theit not exactly 'street circuits'

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Well somehow i had wipeouts at Silverstone and Sebring and theit not exactly 'street circuits'
Maybe you was just unlucky. We raced this track 2 seasons ago and were expecting a lot of trouble at the start. But is was quite clean and there where no big pileups. It won't turn out to be one big traffic jam. Hopefully I won't look stupid for saying this in 2 hours time.

EVR Matt212

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Maybe you was just unlucky. We raced this track 2 seasons ago and were expecting a lot of trouble at the start. But is was quite clean and there where no big pileups. It won't turn out to be one big traffic jam. Hopefully I won't look stupid for saying this in 2 hours time.
Well someone looks silly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.