PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - CAR. TEAM & LIVERY | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - CAR. TEAM & LIVERY

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
@Wobbuffet could you please hurry up with your car/livery reveal, I wanna see what hidden gem of a livery you've dug out of the discover tab this time XD
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
After deciding on this constructor a few days ago, I then had to begin the nigh-on impossible task of finding 2 similar liveries (with same sponsors & numbers) I liked for both cars in the community section...and unsurprisingly I failed.:LOL:

So in the end I decided to try go for similar colours and I was more successful but there is one hitch which you will likely notice.

Anyway I'll explain my thinking below but here is my constructor and livery choice for this season:

Constructor: Citroen
Gr. 3 Vehicle: Citroen GT Race Car Gr.3
Gr. 4 Vehicle: Citroen GT Gr.4
Driver: Wobbuffet
Numbers: 1 & 02
Livery: Rothmans (Gr.3) & R.T.Solvalou (Gr.4) with Citroen Sport driver suit & helmet.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200213174423.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200213175027.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200213175605.jpg

So there it is, for the eagle eyed some of you may recognise the Gr.4 car livery it is of the R.T.S team from the PS1 game Ridge Racer Type 4 (a game I use to love), after finding this gem I knew I had to use it.
As for the Gr.3 car I decided to go for a more traditional classic looking livery, it reminds me of the mid 90's F1 Williams livery and this was also a no-brainer.

Ok addressing the elephant in the room that is my number selection, the reality is it would be pretty much impossible for me to find a livery I like for both cars using the same number, so I thought of a reasonable work around I feel to using 2 different numbers.

I know Minion's uses #2 but as you can clearly see technically there is no clash as my Gr.4 car is #02, also as I'm the champion from last season the fact that if I didn't use #1 no one else could, I feel using #1 is a free pass in a way & gives me leeway to use 2 numbers in number selection in these circumstances.

I know its unconventional & controversial but as I'm not doing a team entry and will be racing as an independent like usual, I like to think the co-ords won't have to big an issue with this.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
After deciding on this constructor a few days ago, I then had to begin the nigh-on impossible task of finding 2 similar liveries (with same sponsors & numbers) I liked for both cars in the community section...and unsurprisingly I failed.:LOL:

So in the end I decided to try go for similar colours and I was more successful but there is one hitch which you will likely notice.

Anyway I'll explain my thinking below but here is my constructor and livery choice for this season:

Constructor: Citroen
Gr. 3 Vehicle: Citroen GT Race Car Gr.3
Gr. 4 Vehicle: Citroen GT Gr.4
Driver: Wobbuffet
Numbers: 1 & 02
Livery: Rothmans (Gr.3) & R.T.Solvalou (Gr.4) with Citroen Sport driver suit & helmet.

View attachment 102662
View attachment 102663
View attachment 102664

So there it is, for the eagle eyed some of you may recognise the Gr.4 car livery it is of the R.T.S team from the PS1 game Ridge Racer Type 4 (a game I use to love), after finding this gem I knew I had to use it.
As for the Gr.3 car I decided to go for a more traditional classic looking livery, it reminds me of the mid 90's F1 Williams livery and this was also a no-brainer.

Ok addressing the elephant in the room that is my number selection, the reality is it would be pretty much impossible for me to find a livery I like for both cars using the same number, so I thought of a reasonable work around I feel to using 2 different numbers.

I know Minion's uses #2 but as you can clearly see technically there is no clash as my Gr.4 car is #02, also as I'm the champion from last season the fact that if I didn't use #1 no one else could, I feel using #1 is a free pass in a way & gives me leeway to use 2 numbers in number selection in these circumstances.

I know its unconventional & controversial but as I'm not doing a team entry and will be racing as an independent like usual, I like to think the co-ords won't have to big an issue with this.
You could of course reach out to one of us, that are doing our own liveries. I could (try to) do the liveries You want, if You send me some good pictures and You could have them with no. 1 on too.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You could of course reach out to one of us, that are doing our own liveries. I could (try to) do the liveries You want, if You send me some good pictures and You could have them with no. 1 on too.
I appreciate the offer but honestly I wouldn't be happy taking up your own free time just to do a livery for me Delaney, I mean I've seen your liveries over the last 18 months here and there always top quality.

However I prefer just to simply take them from the community section, as not only is its simple and extremely time efficient but it also gives me the chance to 'show off' a classic/retro forgotten livery from yesteryears.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I would like to join a already open seat, I think the only ones are @Meg1s Dodge team. Or the Citroen team of @Wobbuffet but has numbering issues. Can't join the bmw team as the Z4 has no power.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I would like to join a already open seat, I think the only ones are @Meg1s Dodge team. Or the Citroen team of @Wobbuffet but has numbering issues. Can't join the bmw team as the Z4 has no power.
@Wobbuffet like to run solo, I don't see him teaming up with anybody (though stranger things have happened) I'm sure @Meg1s would take a teammate (provided he did his own livery)

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Constructor: Toyota
Gr. 3 Vehicle: 86 Gr.4
Gr. 4 Vehicle: GR Supra Racing Concept '18
Team name: Toyota Factory Racing
Drivers: Its-a me!
Numbers: 14
Livery: My Gr.3 car has a Castrol Livery and my Gr.4 car has a Red Bull one.All credits go to the people who made these,I just downloaded them from the Discover section.

Attachments

MadLithuanian

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2020
Mate, the Z4 gets no love even though it's a solid car, I've won several dailies with it. The only place where I can see it being at a disadvantage is SPA on the kemmel straight (even though you can win the time back in the medium speed corners), it is a solid contender for other Gr. 3 tracks. Give it a thought, I'd be happy if you joined me for the season.

Last edited:

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Constructor: Toyota
Gr. 3 Vehicle: 86 Gr.4
Gr. 4 Vehicle: GR Supra Racing Concept '18
Team name: Toyota Factory Racing
Drivers: Its-a me!
Numbers: 14
Livery: My Gr.3 car has a Castrol Livery and my Gr.4 car has a Red Bull one.All credits go to the people who made these,I just downloaded them from the Discover section.
Correction:Number 25 for me,as it is on one of my liveries and I can't change it

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
I can make for both gr.3 & gr. 4 a Red Bull livery if you want, with your car number 14 and personalise it. I already have a preset, so I don’t bother it :)
I just picked the best looking designs I found and chose the red bull livery bc it looked good (not a Red Bull fan xd) but I wouldn't want to run the same livery on both cars as I really like my Gr.3 livery.So, I will stick to these.But still, thanks a lot for kindly offering to help me with the liveries.

Reactions: Caaalyy

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Can't join the bmw team as the Z4 has no power.
Mate, the Z4 gets no love even though it's a solid car, I've won several dailies with it. The only place where I can see it being at a disadvantage is SPA on the kemmel straight (even though you can win the time back in the medium speed corners), it is a solid contender for other Gr. 3 tracks. Give it a thought, I'd be happy if you joined me for the season.
I think we (the general motorsport fan & racer) have all been too influenced by this individual when it comes to what really matters with car performance:

(and just for good measure)
Image result for clarkson powerrr gif

So yes I agree with JC - Speed and POWAAAAAA conquers all!;)

Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Constructor: Lexus
Gr. 3 Vehicle: RC F GT3
Gr. 4 Vehicle: RC F GT4
Team name:
TBC
Drivers: Bankai_Bullett
Numbers: 666 / 777 / 888 / 999 (TBD)
Livery:
TBC

Question... are triple digit race numbers allowed? (Answered)

Also, I've started experimenting with making my own SVG images... and in that vain, I've managed to get my hands on the Blancpain GT font, so if anyone wants a race number (or Pro/Pro-Am/Am tags) in that font gimme a shout.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delaney