PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just been looking through a lot of things for this planned upcoming season I've got my usual questions, suggestions and points I want to pass on to the co-ords.

I'll start of with a suggestion regarding the scheduled starting date, I've seen the calendar and how everything is planned to work out the suggestion I have is how about moving the start back 1 week?
Reasons being we're not giving much time to entice and gain potential new drivers with less then a 2 week window between seasons, also with the Interleague Champ. (which I will ask about later below) breaking up S11 into 4 parts moving back the start 1 week will equal and balance out the round schedule around the planned InterLeague.

As we're scheduled to be doing the first 3 rounds of S11 then InterLeague, then return for 2 rounds in S11, then ILC again, followed by 2 more rounds in S11, then another ILC round and then the final round of S11, but if we start 1 week later it will balance S11 out to an even 2 rounds with every 3rd week being ILC.

To be honest the schedule isn't a killer as such I feel, but the lack of time we're giving this before we start up this newly touted 'flagship series' isn't ideal in my opinion, its why I'm for a 1 week later start.

Moving on to a key point I want to raise after reading this in the rules:
however there is a limit of two (2) entries per constructor
If I'm reading that correctly then I totally disagree with this rule, I understand the point of trying to have a 'diverse' field of constructors and cars, but to limit the availability of same constructors to just 2 teams or 2 separate drivers isn't right, we're supposedly basing this on the manufact... (lets avoid getting sued hey Bl99dy ;)) series that they do in the game.

However there is no constructor limit there and that's the way it should be here, also what if you get new people interested in this next week who use a particular constructor, but because of the current rules find out they can't use the constructor they want because the constructor limit has been reached, sure you can say to them 'pick a different constructor' but theres every chance they would say 'no thanks' and not sign up because of it.

Either way the constructor limit really needs to go, as honestly theres nothing beneficial about it. Let people drive whatever constructor they want, as besides we're already limiting car choice a lot simply by having people choose a single constructor for both Gr.3 & Gr.4.

A small key point is about the points system, again its a step in the right direction though I am a tad concerned in the event we get 12 drivers or less, the 12 driver points system is a bit too weighted towards the top 2 positions. Sure we all want winning and finishing in the top 3 to be rewarded but not to the extent where 2 top 4's on the night scores less then a win and last (12th) in a round.
If the league this season was to have 12 or less drivers then that points system would need a very small rejig in my opinion.

Ok and lastly questions about - the upcoming Interleague Championship, and there quite simple questions I have.

1. How many leagues involved?
2. Is there an individual championship? (not just team/league championship)

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I can't comment on the rest since that would need to be a discussion for the co-ords to have together but I can for ILC.
1. At the moment, two. AOR and F1R.
2. I will be showing an individual championship table on stream (as I'm itching to get back into the commentary seat).

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just been looking through a lot of things for this planned upcoming season I've got my usual questions, suggestions and points I want to pass on to the co-ords.

I'll start of with a suggestion regarding the scheduled starting date, I've seen the calendar and how everything is planned to work out the suggestion I have is how about moving the start back 1 week?
Reasons being we're not giving much time to entice and gain potential new drivers with less then a 2 week window between seasons, also with the Interleague Champ. (which I will ask about later below) breaking up S11 into 4 parts moving back the start 1 week will equal and balance out the round schedule around the planned InterLeague.

As we're scheduled to be doing the first 3 rounds of S11 then InterLeague, then return for 2 rounds in S11, then ILC again, followed by 2 more rounds in S11, then another ILC round and then the final round of S11, but if we start 1 week later it will balance S11 out to an even 2 rounds with every 3rd week being ILC.

To be honest the schedule isn't a killer as such I feel, but the lack of time we're giving this before we start up this newly touted 'flagship series' isn't ideal in my opinion, its why I'm for a 1 week later start.

Moving on to a key point I want to raise after reading this in the rules:

If I'm reading that correctly then I totally disagree with this rule, I understand the point of trying to have a 'diverse' field of constructors and cars, but to limit the availability of same constructors to just 2 teams or 2 separate drivers isn't right, we're supposedly basing this on the manufact... (lets avoid getting sued hey Bl99dy ;)) series that they do in the game.

However there is no constructor limit there and that's the way it should be here, also what if you get new people interested in this next week who use a particular constructor, but because of the current rules find out they can't use the constructor they want because the constructor limit has been reached, sure you can say to them 'pick a different constructor' but theres every chance they would say 'no thanks' and not sign up because of it.

Either way the constructor limit really needs to go, as honestly theres nothing beneficial about it. Let people drive whatever constructor they want, as besides we're already limiting car choice a lot simply by having people choose a single constructor for both Gr.3 & Gr.4.

A small key point is about the points system, again its a step in the right direction though I am a tad concerned in the event we get 12 drivers or less, the 12 driver points system is a bit too weighted towards the top 2 positions. Sure we all want winning and finishing in the top 3 to be rewarded but not to the extent where 2 top 4's on the night scores less then a win and last (12th) in a round.
If the league this season was to have 12 or less drivers then that points system would need a very small rejig in my opinion.

Ok and lastly questions about - the upcoming Interleague Championship, and there quite simple questions I have.

I can't comment on the rest since that would need to be a discussion for the co-ords to have together but I can for ILC.
1. At the moment, two. AOR and F1R.
2. I will be showing an individual championship table on stream (as I'm itching to get back into the commentary seat).
Officially only a League Championship. It might not make much sense to talk of an individual ranking as racers might change over course of the series.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I just realized that I only answered one question @Wobbuffet.

First question regarding season. We will discuss this and come back to You on this.

The other question of the limitation of brands/constructors is not going to change. There are, with 25 different constructors, more than enough to choose from as it is. Many of them with more than one car in each group.

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
A few simple (he hopes) questions. And "It's great to be back in the AOR / ARL".

Interleague championship I can guess what it is but not who will be driving for AOR. Am I automatically considered or entered by being in the CC?

Just to say that I am not bothered what I drive and like the challenge of the MR gr.3 cars but the 'Corkscrew' at Laguna Seca makes any of those cars a bad choice for this championship. But please don't drop it.

What is 'F1R' mentioned above.

Thanks guys, whoever wants to team with me is great. First come first served. Any car you like.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
A few simple (he hopes) questions. And "It's great to be back in the AOR / ARL".

Interleague championship I can guess what it is but not who will be driving for AOR. Am I automatically considered or entered by being in the CC?

Just to say that I am not bothered what I drive and like the challenge of the MR gr.3 cars but the 'Corkscrew' at Laguna Seca makes any of those cars a bad choice for this championship. But please don't drop it.

What is 'F1R' mentioned above.

Thanks guys, whoever wants to team with me is great. First come first served. Any car you like.
Welcome back mate.
The CC and ILC are independent series and drivers will be selected to take part in ILC, representing AOR.
F1R is a German League who We are cooperating with on this. Other League’s will be allowed in, should they wish so.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
the Laguna Seca round will be a Gr. 4 race so you needn't worry about the Gr. 3 MR death-traps going down the Corkscrew. Glad to have you back @Defiant195

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The other question of the limitation of brands/constructors is not going to change. There are, with 25 different constructors, more than enough to choose from as it is. Many of them with more than one car in each group.
As I said before I know theres 25 different constructors, but my point is Delaney how is it beneficial to the league to limit how many times a constructor can be picked by drivers?
And in turn potentially stop people driving a constructor they want/use to racing in the 'manufact. series' in the game.

I mean I've just checked the team & livery thread and Honda (because its been chosen twice already) is 'no longer available' for example with a week to go, it just doesn't make the league look good to potential new drivers in my opinion by being so stringent in car choice & availability.

If your not going to remove the limitation then it should be at least increased, doubling from 2 to 4 would be a fair compromise as even if you do get Honda selected 4 times for example, your still going to get a pretty diverse mix of constructors anyway based on the current selections by people so far.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
As I said before I know theres 25 different constructors, but my point is Delaney how is it beneficial to the league to limit how many times a constructor can be picked by drivers?
And in turn potentially stop people driving a constructor they want/use to racing in the 'manufact. series' in the game.

I mean I've just checked the team & livery thread and Honda (because its been chosen twice already) is 'no longer available' for example with a week to go, it just doesn't make the league look good to potential new drivers in my opinion by being so stringent in car choice & availability.

If your not going to remove the limitation then it should be at least increased, doubling from 2 to 4 would be a fair compromise as even if you do get Honda selected 4 times for example, your still going to get a pretty diverse mix of constructors anyway based on the current selections by people so far.
You can argue all You like Wobbie, it’s not going to change. We have had a Thorough discussion about this among the Coords and this what We have come up with and it will not change.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I will set up a testing room tomorrow and I urge all of You, that are not familiar with driving with us, to join. First of course, You need to send me a FR.
We will be going through all the 8 tracks ( hopefully), so as You can guess, the races will not be that long. You don’t need to use the car You plan on using, but it might be a good idea.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
ATTENTION
Due to some scheduling conflicts, and because some of us struggle with basic math (umm… yep that's me) we have decided to delay the opening round until 27 February. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.
CC_1_Calendar.jpg

Last edited:

jutngo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 25, 2019
Sorry but I won't be about tomorrow night for the test session. Got an unusual late finish at work to do.Doing a couple of practice races with the bobs tonight though.

Just have a quick question about tyre wear. In the league info post it says it will be set at x8 for Gr.3 & Gr.4 but then in the lobby settings section it says x7 for Gr.3 and x8 for Gr.4.
I'm guessing the last one is right and it's just a typing error but just thought I'd check and also let you know.
Thanks.

Also, new schedule is grand. Will definitely try to be about for the practice next week!

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Sorry but I won't be about tomorrow night for the test session. Got an unusual late finish at work to do.Doing a couple of practice races with the bobs tonight though.

Just have a quick question about tyre wear. In the league info post it says it will be set at x8 for Gr.3 & Gr.4 but then in the lobby settings section it says x7 for Gr.3 and x8 for Gr.4.
I'm guessing the last one is right and it's just a typing error but just thought I'd check and also let you know.
Thanks.

Also, new schedule is grand. Will definitely try to be about for the practice next week!

These are not the settings you are looking for… you may go about your business…

Thank you for pointing that out @jutngo, the actual settings are as follows:

8x Tyre wear & 3x Fuel consumption for Both Gr. 3 & Gr. 4

-also-

Both Gr. 3 & Gr. 4 will have RH & RM tyres available for the feature and RM/ RS available for the sprint

If we have confused you with any other matter in the League Information please feel free to point it out :)

Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You can argue all You like Wobbie, it’s not going to change. We have had a Thorough discussion about this among the Coords and this what We have come up with and it will not change.
Ok that's fair enough, however as this is the case can the co-ords please explain how this 'limitation' is beneficial to the league?

Oh and one other thing can I have a clarification on the current situation in the team & livery thread regarding 'Constructors Registered', I've seen that Jaguar, Porsche & Honda are listed as 'full' but Jaguar and Porsche have only been selected once in that thread whereas Honda twice so I can understand Honda, but not Jaguar & Porsche being 'full'.

But if its a case because Jaguar & Porsche were registered for a 2 driver team, what does that mean for individual entries.
So with Honda for example that was first selected by Caaalvyy then by Delaney, but if Caaalvyy gets a teammate then that would annex Delaney's Honda registration because he selected it first wouldn't it?
Or is Caaalvyy's only available teammate option Delaney for him now and vice-versa?:unsure:

• Informative
Reactions: Manx57

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Oh and one other thing can I have a clarification on the current situation in the team & livery thread regarding 'Constructors Registered', I've seen that Jaguar, Porsche & Honda are listed as 'full' but Jaguar and Porsche have only been selected once in that thread whereas Honda twice so I can understand Honda, but not Jaguar & Porsche being 'full'.

But if its a case because Jaguar & Porsche were registered for a 2 driver team, what does that mean for individual entries.
Jaguar and Porsche shouldn't be marked as full, when I added that I only marked Honda as full. As for the rest I'll leave for someone less sleep deprived to answer.

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Caaalyy

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2020
I will set up a testing room tomorrow and I urge all of You, that are not familiar with driving with us, to join. First of course, You need to send me a FR.
We will be going through all the 8 tracks ( hopefully), so as You can guess, the races will not be that long. You don’t need to use the car You plan on using, but it might be a good idea.
What time?