PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION

monkeymeg44

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 21, 2019
I will set up a testing room tomorrow and I urge all of You, that are not familiar with driving with us, to join. First of course, You need to send me a FR.
We will be going through all the 8 tracks ( hopefully), so as You can guess, the races will not be that long. You don’t need to use the car You plan on using, but it might be a good idea.
What is your psn and I will try and join but do have my boy tomorrow night. So might be in and out if that's ok

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Just want to confirm that first race is 27th not 20th as I first thought. Will I get a notification when the tiers and teams have been decided
Yes round 1 has been moved 1 week later to the 27th.

and yes you will be notified what tier you wind up in if we exceed 20 sign ups.

Reactions: monkeymeg44

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
What is your psn and I will try and join but do have my boy tomorrow night. So might be in and out if that's ok
I really should not answer that it is all over the place, but ok

PSN: RoninGT-Delaney

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys,I want to sign up for this championship but I have some questions.Is there any room for new sign ups right now?If there is then can I compete with a default livery,because I have 0 clue on how to do them and also I'm too lazy to download decals from PC.And lastly,I would like to know how do you guys practice for these kind of races?I've never done 40 minute long races so it will be a bit tricky for me strategy-wise at first so any advice is welcome.Thanks in advance

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Hey guys,I want to sign up for this championship but I have some questions.Is there any room for new sign ups right now?If there is then can I compete with a default livery,because I have 0 clue on how to do them and also I'm too lazy to download decals from PC.And lastly,I would like to know how do you guys practice for these kind of races?I've never done 40 minute long races so it will be a bit tricky for me strategy-wise at first so any advice is welcome.Thanks in advance
1. There is still room, I believe we are waiting on one of our regulars still but your sign up would put us at 15 drivers, once our stray regular signs up so you'd be in as a full time driver with no issue.

2. Yes you could compete with the default livery but you can also look in the Discover > Liveries area of GT Sport, no PC download required. Just be careful of the driver numbers (see the Car, Team & Livery thread for which driver numbers are spoken for)

3. We will be holding open practice on the 16th at 8pm (2000hrs) UK time however you can run a practice race in the off-line arcade mode against the AI (Yes the AI are absolute crap in this game but it will give you an idea of tyre wear and fuel usage) Most races tend to be 2 stops on the softest available tyre compound but try it out for yourself :)

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
1. There is still room, I believe we are waiting on one of our regulars still but your sign up would put us at 15 drivers, once our stray regular signs up so you'd be in as a full time driver with no issue.

2. Yes you could compete with the default livery but you can also look in the Discover > Liveries area of GT Sport, no PC download required. Just be careful of the driver numbers (see the Car, Team & Livery thread for which driver numbers are spoken for)

3. We will be holding open practice on the 16th at 8pm (2000hrs) UK time however you can run a practice race in the off-line arcade mode against the AI (Yes the AI are absolute crap in this game but it will give you an idea of tyre wear and fuel usage) Most races tend to be 2 stops on the softest available tyre compound but try it out for yourself :)

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Thanks a lot man,I will most likely sign up tomorrow

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Cheers Bl99dy you just saved me a bit of time I was halfway through answering Jane's post myself lol, though I will go a bit more in-depth on your answer about liveries.

If there is then can I compete with a default livery,because I have 0 clue on how to do them and also I'm too lazy to download decals from PC.
If you have a look at the teams and liveries thread, then you'll see a lot of liveries made by the drivers taking part however you don't have to do that, I normally use the GT Sport 'discover' section to download and use liveries, the liveries I'm using this season are from the discover area/section.

Heres a tutorial video showing you the basics:

Its easy enough to get to grips with and learn how it works.

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Cheers Bl99dy you just saved me a bit of time I was halfway through answering Jane's post myself lol, though I will go a bit more in-depth on your answer about liveries

If you have a look at the teams and liveries thread, then you'll see a lot of liveries made by the drivers taking part however you don't have to do that, I normally use the GT Sport 'discover' section to download and use liveries the liveries I using this season are from this.
Heres a tutorial video showing you the basics:

Its easy enough to get to grips and learn how it works.
Yeah,thanks a lot.I knew previously about the discover section but I thought we could only use liveries made by ourselves.Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
If I go it alone, it will probably be in the Ferrari as I have good liveries for both GR.3 and 4. See you tonight at 8 GMT for practise.

Reactions: Delaney

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys,just one last question.I'm keen on choosing Toyota and as I see,there are 2 Gr.3 cars for this manufacturer.Can I use both the F1-VGT and Supra cars for Gr.3 races or am I limited to only using one car per group?

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Hey guys,just one last question.I'm keen on choosing Toyota and as I see,there are 2 Gr.3 cars for this manufacturer.Can I use both the F1-VGT and Supra cars for Gr.3 races or am I limited to only using one car per group?
Just the one. If you have a teammate you will both have to use the same car, if someone else picks Toyota but runs solo that they have free choice but can only pick one.

monkeymeg44

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 21, 2019
I can't practice tonight sorry. Was hoping to cut Sunday is not a Good day for me. Have fun guys

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'll be on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday too. From 6.45 PM GMT / 19.45 CET

MadLithuanian

Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2020
I would join as well if we started at ~6.45, 7.00 PM GMT.

Thanks for the racing today boys, I believe it was a productive session and we established two things:

1) BMW's aren't the scheizenwagens everyone thinks they are;
2) If you keep going straight on the astro-turf it's actually not that slippery lol.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hey co-ords saw a few people talking about 2 splits/tiers, currently in the sign up thread we're at 17 sign ups now and technically the rule has been 19 sign ups and under would be 1 tier, with 20+ being the magic number for 2 tiers and with over a week until the first round, I'm 99% convinced we'll get at least 20 drivers now and this season will be 2 tiers.

However this leads me to my big concern co-ords - that you'll likely stick with the open-tier with mid-season promotion/demotion. (you know my thoughts/opinion on it @Delaney and that unsurprisingly hasn't change since then) the reality is open-tier is flawed, not badly but its impossible to make a system with it - without a flaw.

The main issues I still see,
1. Points system - trying to find the right balance in the points system, so that the drivers in tier 2 can score enough points to outscore the lowest drivers in tier 1 after a couple rounds, but for it to be realistically possible for it to allow promotion/demotion to happen.

2. Promotion/Demotion - if your sticking with this then there has to be a focus on fairness and what I mean by that is I know you normal plan to have drivers get promoted/demoted based on their championship points after rounds 2, 4 and 7, and that is fundamentally wrong as it brings in the possibility of a driver who spent 7 rounds in tier 1, potentially dropping to tier 2 for the last round and winning the tier 2 championship.

If you've spent the entire season in tier 2 and lose out on that championship to someone who raced the last round in that tier, then that person will be annoyed to put it mildly also it makes a mockery of that tier.

3. Drivers absent/leaving the league mid-season - again something that most of the old guard here have experienced before, of course we all know its not the co-ords fault when this happens, but when it leads to the situation of merging 2 tiers mid-season - tier 2 in turn becomes obsolete and the drivers in that tier lose the chance to race for a potential championship, which is again unfair to those drivers.

So what are the solutions, well firstly I think whatever we all come up with its going to have a flaw in it in some way shape or form, but doing step by step I think we can reduce the amount of flaws in open-tier.

With No.1 the point system, we should wait until next Wednesday before any points system is drawn up, as we'll have a very clear idea of league numbers by then, and making a 2 tier point system will be less flawed.

No.2 Promotion/demotion, the only way I see to make this fair to a degree is by having just 2 promotion/demotions, after round 2 with the final cut off point after round 4, as whoever wins tier 2 should at least be in that tier for half the season, that would be fairer I think.

Which leads me on to no.3, regardless of the numbers later in the season if the league still has over 17 drivers after round 4 then the tiers should be locked in and the 2 tiers can not be merged in the remaining rounds even if its 16 drivers or less, I know that potentially it brings in the possibility of a tier having just 8 drivers or less in a lobby if it were to happen, but this has to happen to maintain continuity for the tiers also we've had races with just 7 drivers before and the racing can still be good.

And lastly the elephant in the room looking at open tier from a tier 1 perspective, if a genuine dsc happens in one of the opening 2 rounds then potentially a very fast driver could be demoted to tier 2, which if it happens just isn't a fun experience for anyone involved, the thing is Delaney that scenario there nearly happened before (season 4) and its because of that its the biggest flaw of the open-tier system...

Anyway a lot to ponder co-ords, as for the new drivers who are reading this thinking 'just what have I signed up to hereo_O'.
Don't worry this is all par of the course in this league - we try to be as thorough as possible here if nothing else.:LOL:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
  1. I agree. I think that We'll need to find a solution, similar to what We've done, when We have less than 16.
  2. Could do so. Maybe after Rd. 3 and 6?
  3. I see Your point, but (there is always a Butt) I cannot promise to keep the two tiers apart. It only make sense from +14-15. I'll not have us open two room's for 2 x 6-7 racers. We could race for a T1 and a T2 Individual Championship, controlled by where people start. Or We could go with a DR based Championship, but that would give 4 Champions on top of the Constructors Title. I can live with that as long as the emphasis is on the Constructors.
We are getting closer Wobbie! I hope that's a good thing :ROFLMAO:

And yes, this is a discussion, that has been going on for more than a year now. So if You don't get it, don't worry, it's just a Wobbie/Delaney thing.

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
  1. I agree. I think that We'll need to find a solution, similar to what We've done, when We have less than 16.
  2. Could do so. Maybe after Rd. 3 and 6?
  3. I see Your point, but (there is always a Butt) I cannot promise to keep the two tiers apart. It only make sense from +14-15. I'll not have us open two room's for 2 x 6-7 racers. We could race for a T1 and a T2 Individual Championship, controlled by where people start. Or We could go with a DR based Championship, but that would give 4 Champions on top of the Constructors Title. I can live with that as long as the emphasis is on the Constructors.
We are getting closer Wobbie! I hope that's a good thing :ROFLMAO:

And yes, this is a discussion, that has been going on for more than a year now. So if You don't get it, don't worry, it's just a Wobbie/Delaney thing.
Not completely familiar with the points system but I understood that your points in one tier count in the other as well.So,I have 2 solutions here:
1.Resetting a driver's points once he gets promoted to a higher/lower tier,but if for example the driver starts in tier 2, then is promoted to tier 1 and at the end of the season gets demoted back to tier 2,he should have his tier 2 points back from the first 2 rounds.
2.Cutting the driver's points in half when he moves a tier