PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Not completely familiar with the points system but I understood that your points in one tier count in the other as well.So,I have 2 solutions here:
1.Resetting a driver's points once he gets promoted to a higher/lower tier,but if for example the driver starts in tier 2, then is promoted to tier 1 and at the end of the season gets demoted back to tier 2,he should have his tier 2 points back from the first 2 rounds.
2.Cutting the driver's points in half when he moves a tier
These are very constructive suggestions Jane, but You need to see the whole system in conjunction, to understand how it works.

The coords. are discussing a tweak (or extension) on the points system and We'll get back with more on this very soon.

Reactions: Jane Trpkov

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
  1. I agree. I think that We'll need to find a solution, similar to what We've done, when We have less than 16.
  2. Could do so. Maybe after Rd. 3 and 6?
  3. I see Your point, but (there is always a Butt) I cannot promise to keep the two tiers apart. It only make sense from +14-15. I'll not have us open two room's for 2 x 6-7 racers. We could race for a T1 and a T2 Individual Championship, controlled by where people start. Or We could go with a DR based Championship, but that would give 4 Champions on top of the Constructors Title. I can live with that as long as the emphasis is on the Constructors.
The coords. are discussing a tweak (or extension) on the points system and We'll get back with more on this very soon.
It'll have to be something like that with point 1, & your other post just above theres still no real point at the moment drawing up a points system, sure have a draft concept prepared but wait until after the weekend. (my opinion)

With point 2, that still doesn't feel fair to tier 2 drivers as I just don't see how its fair to potentially send a tier 1 driver down to tier 2 for just 2 rounds and vice-versa.
Its well worth remembering while we're talking about the issue of a tier 1 driver potentially getting demoted near the end of the season, on the flipside what incentive is there to those in tier 2 if a driver leading that championship gets moved up to tier 1 for the last 2 rounds and will have a 0% chance of challenging for a top 3 overall let the alone the tier 1 championship.
Its why promotion/demotion becomes pointless the later in the season it happens.

Lastly with point 3, hopefully this won't happen this time round but if it does then the league will have to do whats best in the circumstances, as for a DR championship that has to be a non starter as it could lead to a lot of confusion also DR's change over time, so sticking with the tier format is probably the best thing to do.

Reactions: Delaney

Caaalyy

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2020
What about points wil be giving based on your racetime and position? For example: In the image player1 and player2 both finished first in their tiers. They both get (for example) 20 points, but because player2 finished the race quicker than player 1, he’ll recieve 5 ’bonus’ points. The same for P2
example1.jpg

example2.jpg

With this system there will be no need to switch between tiers. So the faster TT-player will be put in tier 1, 2nd fastest in tier 2 etc. Both tiers will be competitive and it stays fair enough.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
What about points wil be giving based on your racetime and position? For example: In the image player1 and player2 both finished first in their tiers. They both get (for example) 20 points, but because player2 finished the race quicker than player 1, he’ll recieve 5 ’bonus’ points. The same for P2 View attachment 103397

View attachment 103398
With this system there will be no need to switch between tiers. So the faster TT-player will be put in tier 1, 2nd fastest in tier 2 etc. Both tiers will be competitive and it stays fair enough.
I think I suggested something like that a while ago but one of the main issues that can arise from it is if one of the lobby's suffers a mass dsc towards the end of the race - just how do you sort out positions between the 2 lobbies post race.
Also if you give bonus points for drivers who are in tier 2, for beating tier 1 drivers then I would want to be in tier 2 in that points system!:LOL:

Don't worry this will be sorted out Caaalyy, we all have our own ideas and might not all agree with what is going to be decided, but it'll likely be the best solution in the circumstances, however something worth remembering this discussion might all be for nothing if we don't get another 3 sign ups before next Thursday night.

Reactions: Caaalyy and Delaney

Caaalyy

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2020
I think I suggested something like that a while ago but one of the main issues that can arise from it is if one of the lobby's suffers a mass dsc towards the end of the race - just how do you sort out positions between the 2 lobbies post race.
Also if you give bonus points for drivers who are in tier 2, for beating tier 1 drivers then I would want to be in tier 2 in that points system!:LOL:

Don't worry this will be sorted out Caaalyy, we all have our own ideas and might not all agree with what is going to be decided, but it'll likely be the best solution in the circumstances, however something worth remembering this discussion might all be for nothing if we don't get another 3 sign ups before next Thursday night.
Haha! Yes true, let’s make sure there will be two splits first

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Has anyone considered qualifying for each race to decide tier? Tier points will be cut off at the end of the season. With a full table cut in half after the first 12/24 drivers that compete in the season (so driver in 13 place will be tier b champion). Tier points gained during each race will just be for one big league say tier a lobby last place gets 24 points and first in tier b gets 22. But each race everyone has a chance to race in tier a each week.

Definitely need to know where we all stand at the beginning of the series and to have the battles on track reflected in each rounds point score.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Has anyone considered qualifying for each race to decide tier? Tier points will be cut off at the end of the season. With a full table cut in half after the first 12/24 drivers that compete in the season (so driver in 13 place will be tier b champion). Tier points gained during each race will just be for one big league say tier a lobby last place gets 24 points and first in tier b gets 22. But each race everyone has a chance to race in tier a each week.

Definitely need to know where we all stand at the beginning of the series and to have the battles on track reflected in each rounds point score.
Since we currently have only one room just now that’s extra work that doesn’t need to be done. However should this change, we (the co-ords) will look at what is the best option going forward looking at what our members suggest and the procedures we currently use to pick what we think is the best way forward

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

IF We manage +20 signups, We will be racing in two rooms. Where You start to race, will be decided by Your TT/DR status.
We are p.t. Looking at points, as the system We have used so far, has some flaws. There will be an overlap, so that no 1, 2 and maybe even no 3, will receive more points than those finishing last in room 1.
After the first 2-3 rounds (this will be announced shortly) We will look at points and some might be promoted from room to room 1 and visa versa.
After 4-5 rounds we will do the same.
I people should leave and We would be less than 16 drivers, We’ll merge the two room and use points system from room 1.
In the end an overall winner will be announced and should We still be racing in two rooms (I hope so) a “tier” two winner will be announced.

I hope it clarifies things a bit.
I’ll probably end in room two and will be hosting that. Who will be hosting room one, We don’t know yet. This will be announced Wednesday.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Wow, We now have 11 different Constructors signed-up for this and one is still missing. AND We have 19 drivers - just one is missing, in order for us to have two room's racing every time. This is certainly good news

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Good to see Bankai (from Project Cars GT3 championship) and leedamstr (F1, which season I can't remember) again after all this time.
Back in the old PSORC days, F2 I believe :D Sadly the league isn't what it used to be and is under a different name now.

Manx57

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Do all current Manufacturers challenge racers get to race in the inter-league race rounds?

@Delaney

Last edited:

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Good to see Bankai (from Project Cars GT3 championship) and leedamstr (F1, which season I can't remember) again after all this time.
Don't forget me in this group of returnees ;)

Was my 5 year anniversary as a member last month, even if I haven't exactly been an "active" member (unless you count getting pissed off at the Twitter account as active.)

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Do all current Manufacturers challenge racers get to race in the inter-league race rounds?
Not related but seeing your PP and name, I presume you're a classic racer? Do you race with the CRMC at all? I'm a huge classic racer fan myself.

Manx57

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Not related but seeing your PP and name, I presume you're a classic racer? Do you race with the CRMC at all? I'm a huge classic racer fan myself.
Haven't raced since the 80's, I only do parades and track days now, either my MV or Ducati 906 still enjoy it though :)

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Don't forget me in this group of returnees ;)

Was my 5 year anniversary as a member last month, even if I haven't exactly been an "active" member (unless you count getting pissed off at the Twitter account as active.)
We certainly haven't forgotten you… you are the one who started GT Sport on AOR so we all owe you a big thank you!:)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well with the new season now just ahead of us just a few notes and thoughts.

With 16 races this season it means that 3 more drivers will be able to reach 100 races this season, Ash, myself & Delaney.
(if all goes as expected then Ash's 100th will be the sprint race of round 3, myself feature of round 7 and Delaney sprint of round 7)

I'm expecting this season to be about 'horses for courses' and what I mean by that for those unfamiliar with that saying, basically with a mix of tracks and Gr.3 & Gr.4's I'm full expecting the order to likely change from one round to the next as certain cars will be better suited to some tracks then others.

Also theres a bunch of new drivers and returning ones, it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top between the new drivers and how the returning ones do this season.

Lastly for the first time in the league's history, the number 1 will be used - to think it only took until season 11! (albeit for only half the season)