PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - MAIN DISCUSSION

zJReedy

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2020
Hi! Looking to join a league, new to league racing but would love to give it a go and try to improve! After looking through the threads I see that the line ups are currently full. Am i still able to sign up as a reserve?

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hi! Looking to join a league, new to league racing but would love to give it a go and try to improve! After looking through the threads I see that the line ups are currently full. Am i still able to sign up as a reserve?
Hi ZJ, Welcome to our little part of the virtual racing world. As You have seen Your self, We currently have a full grid, but Your always more than welcome, to sign up as a reserve. Do the sign up and TT and We'll put You in the list.

Atm. We are running two different series. The Constructors Challenge, that You have seen, and the Inter League Championship. When some of us are away for the Inter League (See the Calendar for Constructors), We'll try to set up a social event, where everybody can take part.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Wow, I just saw the PS5 tech-reveal press conference with mr. Cerny. That thing is going to be WILD. Virtually no load time and no install time because of a crazy new SSD harddrive, that enable 100 GB/s!!! And the rest of the architecture is just as wild with much better sound than the PS4. Ohh and Expandable SSD storage. I want one!

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Wow, I just saw the PS5 tech-reveal press conference with mr. Cerny. That thing is going to be WILD. Virtually no load time and no install time because of a crazy new SSD harddrive, that enable 100 GB/s!!! And the rest of the architecture is just as wild with much better sound than the PS4. Ohh and Expandable SSD storage. I want one!
Yeah but it's dissapointing that probably we could only play PS4 games with the backwards compatibility.I wanted to play GT5 again so bad :(

Reactions: Delaney

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Yeah but it's dissapointing that probably we could only play PS4 games with the backwards compatibility.I wanted to play GT5 again so bad :(
Dude a PS3 is super cheap, as is the game. Definitely possible to still play it. Sadly the tech to play PS3 games is very out of date now, too out of date to put into new consoles.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Let's hope whatever they're doing in a couple of hours fixes it

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hi @Delaney & co-ords was just looking through the league info and read this:
At the conclusion of round seven (7) each driver will have their worst result discarded from their total points so far accumulated in the season. Round 8 is intended to be a final chance at the championship.
Just want a clarification & confirmation, if round 8 ends up being the worst scoring round for any driver then surely that will become there drop week instead?

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Hi @Delaney & co-ords was just looking through the league info and read this:

Just want a clarification & confirmation, if round 8 ends up being the worst scoring round for any driver then surely that will become there drop week instead?
No, because the drop round comes in after Rnd 7. Results stick for Round 8.

• Agree

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
No, because the drop round comes in after Rnd 7. Results stick for Round 8.
But its always been the best 7 rounds out of 8 (or 6 rounds out of 7) in every past season with that many rounds.

Also I'm just looking at this from a fairness point of view, if someone races the first 7 rounds but if for whatever reason is unable to race round 8 (family emergency, illness, etc) then there getting massively penalized (by losing points), why would/should the last round in this instance be valued more then any other round this season when theres no difference in the any of the first 7 rounds and round 8?:unsure:

Anyway I'll still like to get the official position from the co-ords on this.

• Agree
Reactions: Manx57 and Delaney

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
But its always been the best 7 rounds out of 8 (or 6 rounds out of 7) in every past season with that many rounds.

Also I'm just looking at this from a fairness point of view, if someone races the first 7 rounds but if for whatever reason is unable to race round 8 (family emergency, illness, etc) then there getting massively penalized (by losing points), why would/should the last round in this instance be valued more then any other round this season when theres no difference in the any of the first 7 rounds and round 8?:unsure:

Anyway I'll still like to get the official position from the co-ords on this.
Dude, I was talking to @BL99DY-NINE when I commented... I repeated what he said.

In this case, it's best 6 out of 7 rounds, with round 8 being fixed. If someone isn't present for round 8, then that's tough tbh *shrugs*

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I Can confirm. The first 6 of 7 rounds will count. Round 8 is the Championship round and You are supposed to be there. Otherwise some might drop the last round, if they have already won

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I Can confirm. The first 6 of 7 rounds will count. Round 8 is the Championship round and You are supposed to be there. Otherwise some might drop the last round, if they have already won
Just to make a couple points, so far Manx in round 2 and Lee in Round 3, missed those respective rounds due to there own personal circumstances but the drop week gave them that leeway.

Now currently there are 12 drivers who have taken part in every round so far, yet if (as I said earlier) a driver(s) who raced all 7 rounds has to miss round 8 due to personal reasons/circumstances as well, then those person/people aren't getting the same leeway and are in fact getting penalised twice for missing the round (with losing a round of points).

Whereas Manx & Lee because they missed a round early on they will not lose anything - do you not see how that seems like double standards and unfair?

And as for the point that this was also done so that a driver wouldn't miss the last round if they already won the championship, well I can understand that argument but the reality is that something like that has never happened before here, every person who won the championship a round/race early has always raced the last round.

Either way I don't agree with this decision for the season Delaney, originally I'm wasn't much of a fan of drop weeks but I've got use to them over the seasons here as they do serve there purpose well, but to do it this way...I certainly don't think is fair or right.

• Informative

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Makes sense to me, it means everyone knows where they stand heading into the final race.

I also doubt it will make much difference. Everyone has 7 rounds counted toward their tally, because an absent Round 8 will simply count as a 0. Missing rounds is tough luck, always has been, I've lost championships on absent races in the past. I think the dropped round rule just makes it appear a bigger issue than it is really, because the notion you *could* have had it discarded makes you feel you're missing out on something.

• Agree

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I also doubt it will make much difference. Everyone has 7 rounds counted toward their tally, because an absent Round 8 will simply count as a 0. Missing rounds is tough luck, always has been, I've lost championships on absent races in the past. I think the dropped round rule just makes it appear a bigger issue than it is really, because the notion you *could* have had it discarded makes you feel you're missing out on something.
I know what your saying HRG, but its not best 7 rounds counted towards their tally as the way I'm read it is you get a drop round applied from rounds 1 - 7 so that if someone was to miss round 8 yet raced all previous 7 rounds they would still have a drop week applied to one of their rounds from 1 - 7 it doesn't apply to round 8, so even though they've raced 7 rounds they lose one of those rounds as well, and that's why I believe its unfair, as anyone who misses a round from 1 - 7 but races round 8, the drop week gets applied and they still get there best 7 rounds simply because they raced round 8.

I don't agree with it but still it is what it is, but drop weeks in my opinion should apply to all rounds.

• Agree
  • Informative