PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd. 1 Gr.3 @ Nürburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd. 1 Gr.3 @ Nürburgring GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
CC_1_RD1.jpg

Event Information

• Date: February 27th 2020
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:50 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH, RM (Feature) RM, RS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 20 Laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 11 Laps
    • Reverse grid
    • The Sprint Race will use the in-game rolling start procedure with reverse grid based on the Feature Race results
●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day:
19:30

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

• Gran Turismo Sport features an in-game penalty system that allows the driver to serve any penalties acquired at their leisure. Predictably, this can cause problems, chief among them is the gaggle of cars at the end of races slamming on the brakes in a desperate attempt to scrub off any penalties they might have. In an effort to promote clean and fair racing we at AOR GT Sport League ask all drivers to practice the following procedure:
    Time penalties awarded by the game should be served as soon as possible within the next lap. If the penalty is not served within this time you will have the initial penalty + 1 second per sector until the penalty is served added to your overall race time. As always serving a penalty needs to be done safely, away from the racing line, without blocking and/ or endangering others. If a penalty is acquired during the last lap and is not able to be served before exiting the final corner, it may NOT be served before the finish line.
    Failure to follow this procedure may result in action taken by the Stewards Panel.

As for contact penalties you are allowed to ignore the penalty provided the contact did not result in an off-track excursion for any of the parties involved. If another driver does has an off-track excursion as a result of your actions you are still obliged to give up any position gained as a result of said contact.

Also if you pick up a penalty for track limit violations whilst you have a pre-existing contact penalty you only need to serve the track limit penalty in the usual time frame (within the next lap).

Due to a glitch in the game coding contact penalties are in effect until Polyphony Digital decides to turn the penalties off again (even though we turn contact penalties off in the settings).

Any queries please contact a co-ordinator or log it in the stewards panel.
    @BL99DY-NINE @Delaney @GKRT_PinkiiBoii @Hasnain

Startlist:

Race Room 1

1. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; American, 119 ms
  2. @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Finnish, 51 ms
  3. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 36 ms
  4. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii , GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Scottish/Indian, 14 ms
  5. @jutngo, Jutngo, Northern Irish, 29 ms
  6. @Caaalyy, Caaalyy, Dutch, 14ms
  7. @Defiant195, Defiant195, British, 27ms
  8. @MadLithuanian, Lithuanian, 37ms
  9. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, British, TBA
  10. @Manx57, Ronin-Manx, Manx, 58ms
  11. @Wedgybo, Wedgybo, Scottish, 10ms
  12. @Jane Trpkov, JT_RACING_14 , Macedonian, 53ms
  13. @Ashracer2011, Ashracer2011, British, 17ms
  14. @Bankai_Bullett, Bankai_Bullett, British, 17ms
  15. @leedamastr, X_L33TH3R34P3R_X, British, 30ms
  16. @HRacingGreen, HRacingGreen, British
Reserves
  1. @Hasnain, Hasnain282, British
  2. @Intotheobscurity, Intotheobscurity (Will not be allowed to start, till TT is done)
  3. @Don01GT, Don01GT, American, 108ms (Will not be allowed to start, till Car Selection and Livery has been announced)
We will all gather in @Delaney's room before the race for warm-ups (open 6.45-ish). For the race it looks like we will have a full lobby with 16 participants this round.

Resigned:

Informed no show:

Uninformed no show:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Results
Qualifying
CC#1_Q_RD1.jpg

Feature
CC#1_F_RD1.jpg

Sprint
CC#1_S_RD1.jpg

Last edited:

Manx57

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Is a 2-stop even worth the effort?

I'm thinking a 1-stop would be the better option, fuel and tyres dependant though...
I can do a one stop but on mediums the RS01 has used them in 5 laps, not tried hards yet but cannot imagine they will be quick enough.

I can get into the low 1:56's on the medium tyre but they do drop off quick when you have a heavy right foot..... more testing needed.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
I can do a one stop but on mediums the RS01 has used them in 5 laps, not tried hards yet but cannot imagine they will be quick enough.

I can get into the low 1:56's on the medium tyre but they do drop off quick when you have a heavy right foot..... more testing needed.
Yeah I should really see what my tyre life is like... but I'm not falling into the 'F1 Sweat' trap, so I'll either be really lucky or I'll bin it :LOL:

Reactions: jutngo and Manx57

jutngo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 25, 2019
Just so peeps are ready, theres a GT update coming on Thursday morning so make sure you get that PS4 on early enough to get it installed before start time. I plan to turn mine on in the morning before heading to work! Even a small update can take 30 mins to install. Maybe more.

Also. I think I'm getting on track tonight for a few laps so I'll check if anyone is about.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'm planning a couple of Free Practice (FP 2 & FP3) sessions tonight (Tuesday) and Wednesday from 6.45 GMT / 19.45 CET till 9.00 / 22.00. We'll probably do a short test race near the end of the session, including qualifying, to get acquainted with both.

I'll also be opening for a Warm-up Session from 6.45 GMT / 19.45 (-ish) till Racestart at 7.45 GMT / 20.45 CET

Reactions: Wedgybo

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Was bored.
Did Race.
No idea about comparative pace.
Must learn how to save tyre life a little.

Thursday will be interesting.

Bonus: Lexus sounds REALLY nice.
I wasn't bored Sunday evening - I just hate this part of the Ring
So I just did some 50 odd laps
Too slow in qualifying, but race pace seemed ok-ish
AMG seems to have ok tire wear and fuel seem ok too. Still need to improve though.

Thursday WILL be interesting!

Bonus: AMG sounds like a bad ass

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Wedgybo

Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2020
I'm planning a couple of Free Practice (FP 2 & FP3) sessions tonight (Tuesday) and Wednesday from 6.45 GMT / 19.45 CET till 9.00 / 22.00. We'll probably do a short test race near the end of the session, including qualifying, to get acquainted with both.
Nice one. I will try and join in for an hour before football tonight. Should hopefully make the full session on Wednesday. In need of the practice

Wedgybo

Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2020
What time did you guys kick off? I tried hunting for the room until 19:20ish GMT but couldn't see it. Will have to add some of you as friends to make it easier for a lobby noob like me

MadLithuanian

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2020
Couldn't make to practice sessions because of work but definitely looking forward to the race tomorrow. Looks like it will be super competitive. See you guys on the track.

Reactions: Caaalyy and Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
We’re nearly there.
BUT
  • @Ashracer2011 still need to do his TT
  • @Intotheobscurity still need to do his TT
  • @Don01GT has been moved to reserve list for this race, as he’s not answered our call for him to message his choise of car and livery

• Make sure that You have me on your friend list, or You will not be able to find the room tomorrow

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I have just one question about the sprint race, I've noticed it says we're doing a 'Grid Start with False Start Check based on Feature Race results', so I just want the co-ords to confirm we're not doing a 'rolling start' in the sprint races this season.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I have just one question about the sprint race, I've noticed it says we're doing a 'Grid Start with False Start Check based on Feature Race results', so I just want the co-ords to confirm we're not doing a 'rolling start' in the sprint races this season.
It’s mistake. In the League Info We state that it’s to be as usual, with the in game rolling start with reverse grid based on Feature Race result.
I have corrected it. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.