PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd. 1 Gr.3 @ Nürburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd. 1 Gr.3 @ Nürburgring GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Literal roller-coaster of a round to kick off this league huh...

Outstanding qualifying from my end, though I think I could've achieved Pole, then an abysmal feature race.
With no grip, it was impossible to make up the loss I had off the start... I really MUST learn how to get off the line... and then it was completely finished by @Delaney shadow-realming me.

Basically, forget that race.

Put me in a great position to go for the win in the sprint race though, which I tried to do with all my might.... alas, it wasn't meant to be. Got a couple of love-tap's during, but the sprint race was a LOT better.

Grip returned and I had bloody amazing pace for the most part... especially after the stop... just not enough to reel in and take the win away from @HRacingGreen. Earned a Fastest Lap point for my efforts though.

Q: P2
F: P12
S: P2 + FL

So, a MOSTLY solid start... let's see what GT4 brings in Spain.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll do my race report by tomorrow (probably), just looking at the night from a league perspective definitely a very good fun night it seemed to be, that was the vibe I got from everyone I thought.

I don't think its a coincidence that it happened, as I think it was pretty telling we started with a full lobby and finished the night with everyone doing both races, (no dsc's or potential rage quits) first time I believe that's happened in a very long time here.(y)

GG to @Wobbuffet for the great Feature Race performance, and to @Delaney and [sorry I forgot who was 3rd in the feature] on the other podium spots. Special props to @Bankai_Bullett for showing that those who are part of the furniture round here can still cut it, and for making it an RD/GP2 S12 1-2.
Cheers HRG, from a personal pov it was good to get to race you once again (last time we raced was back in S1), so for me this was a good benchmark to see how much I've progressed since then.
Obviously we're driving different cars and was on different strategies, but I don't think theres too much between us pace wise now (though if I'm honest I'd say you still have the slight edge over me;)).

Also I feel a tad aggrieved I ain't considered part of the furniture as I raced S12 as well back then!:p (albeit it F3 & S13)

Lastly with this,
Hopefully I'll get to race more often than not this season, regret not signing up sooner tbqh.
Your results tonight have given the co-ords a potential issue, I know its only just after round 1 but if doesn't need a rocket scientist to know you'll be leading the standings after this round, of course we all know that with signs up it is first come first served in the event of 1 room.

But in my opinion it would be harsh in a way now to not give you/championship leader a automatic spot if you wanted it, though on the flipside the issues with this is its not like the co-ords can just move out a starting driver out, and then the other is your were number 3 (or maybe 2 in fact) on the reserve list.

Either way I hope I get to have a few more battles with you this season.(y)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'll do my race report by tomorrow (probably), just looking at the night from a league perspective definitely a very good fun night it seemed to be, that was the vibe I got from everyone I thought.

I don't think its a coincidence that it happened, as I think it was pretty telling we started with a full lobby and finished the night with everyone doing both races, (no dsc's or potential rage quits) first time I believe that's happened in a very long time here.(y)

Cheers HRG, from a personal pov it was good to get to race you once again (last time we raced was back in S1), so for me this was a good benchmark to see how much I've progressed since then.
Obviously we're driving different cars and was on different strategies, but I don't think theres too much between us pace wise now (though if I'm honest I'd say you still have the slight edge over me;)).

Also I feel a tad aggrieved I ain't considered part of the furniture as I raced S12 as well back then!:p (albeit it F3 & S13)

Lastly with this,

Your results tonight have given the co-ords a potential issue, I know its only just after round 1 but if doesn't need a rocket scientist to know you'll be leading the standings after this round, of course we all know that with signs up it is first come first served in the event of 1 room.

But in my opinion it would be harsh in a way now to not give you/championship leader a automatic spot if you wanted it, though on the flipside the issues with this is its not like the co-ords can just move out a starting driver out, and then the other is your were number 3 (or maybe 2 in fact) on the reserve list.

Either way I hope I get to have a few more battles with you this season.(y)
Yip a strong showing from HRG last night, but You weren't too bad either.

The Coord's do not have a problem at all. If You sign-up in time, You'll be in. If You don't, You'll be out. It's quite simple.

A thought though.... We could of course do something in next Season. That something could be sharing the grid places available Fx. If We (as now) has 1-4 reserve's, We could say that We all have a round out, thereby allowing others to drive. For Rd.1 the reserve's would be reserve's, For Rd.2 4 others would be "reserve's, For Rd.3 4 new guy's. Ideally that should work, BUT what if reserve's are used and what if We are less than 4. There are a lot of questions to be answered. IF We can find a solution that make it fair to all, it could make the transition from 1 room to 2 room's a lot smoother.

RESULTS ARE UP (Well temp. for now)

I guess the AMG Merc. isn't all bad. But of course it help's, that the first three in the individual standings, are all one-man-teams.
Constructors #1 Rd1.PNG

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
... and then it was completely finished by @Delaney shadow-realming me.
I'm sorry about that take-out mate. My tires was more than done and I just ran out of talent. I did let You catch up and past though.

I don't understand "Shadow-realming"? Shadow I can understand, but realming??

Caaalyy

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2020
I'm sorry about that take-out mate. My tires was more than done and I just ran out of talent. I did let You catch up and past though.

I don't understand "Shadow-realming"? Shadow I can understand, but realming??
A Youtuber "SuperGT" uses that term when somebody gets punted in the back or pushed out wide. I doesn't makes sense if I translate it to Dutch, but I understand what it means.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
A Youtuber "SuperGT" uses that term when somebody gets punted in the back or pushed out wide. I doesn't makes sense if I translate it to Dutch, but I understand what it means.
Well "Shadow Realm" means Shadow Kingdom/Empire/Country. It's like they were talking about "protecting the realm" in "Game of Thrones". But that make's no sense, in the sentence from Bankai. I think We need a native Englishman to explain it to us dumb mainland Europeans.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hahaha my bad, I end up forgetting people outside of my league at the time.

Cheers for the kind words.

sign-up in time, You'll be in. If You don't, You'll be out. It's quite simple.
Yeah that's absolutely fine ahah, I don't expect special treatment because I win the races I get to participate in. If some people drop out I'll be up for a full time drive but I'm fine to wait my turn.

Reactions: Wobbuffet

MadLithuanian

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2020
RACE REPORT

Had an absolute blast racing all of you last night. As for my first ever league race I gotta say I was surprised to score my first podium in the feature race. Started on mediums which lasted me for about 7 laps - I noticed that on the mediums there is a sudden drop-off in lap 8 after which you lose a lot of grip. Even though I felt pressure to go two stop all mediums, I decided to stick with one stop and try to make it to the end with a more consistent approach. Had a few good battles with @jutngo and I believe we will have much more battles on the track - he was racing hard, but fair, which I have a lot of respect for. After I left the pits I was P7 but made my way back to top 3 and had an 8 sec advantage against @jutngo who managed to cut it down to only 3-4 seconds at the end. I am really happy that I managed to stay consistent, stayed out of trouble and drove a solid race.

Sprint race was a mixed bag - I started on mediums where I believe a lot of other people started on the softs so it was a bit lonely at the start. After I switched to softs for my second stint the race suddenly came back to me - HARD. Chased down a group of three and made a triple overtake for 7th into turn three - after a couple of corners I failed to avoid the NSX that lost it's rear end and collected them - back to P10 again. Several laps later caught up to the group again and made ANOTHER triple overtake into turn 5, although I was lucky because one of the cars ghosted for some reason. Finished P7 by gaining 7 positions, so I'll take that. Made a short highlight reel of the overtakes which you can find below!

All in all I am really happy I signed up for this league and I am getting to race which such an amazing bunch of people. See you at the next race!

Caaalyy

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2020
Feature race I feel ok about result. I had a decent start, after turn 1. A bit of a divebomb, but fair enough I guess. I had some good racing with Bankai, but after a few laps I was really struggling with the rear tyres. So I couldn't keep up the pace. Bring the car home was more important at that moment. Made a double overtake at the Schumacher S thought, that felt pretty good.

At the start of the sprint race I lost a lot of time. I think I could fight for a better position, but the medium tyres were hard to manage. Needed to focus for the pressure behind, so I decided to give the space and bring the car home than fighting. Second stint on the softs was pretty good. Too bad I didn't serce the penalty earlier. Maybe a bit dissapointed, because I think I can do better, but I really enjoyed the racing with some of you. Which is I think more important than the result.

I'm looking forward to Catalunya with the gr.4 cars, to get a better result. :)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Race Report

Q 9th
Didn’t know what to expect, with this tough line up. I did a mid 56 in qualifying for a test race up to this. I ended with a 57.2 which was ok. I was surprised that it was enough for a 9th.

FR 14th
After the qualifying I was hoping for better. The pace was there in the first laps. BUT then I had a brain fart and pitted on lap 5, as I was planning to do a 2 stop I would have to do a 8 lap stint and that didn’t work. I lost it and send Bankai to Shadow Realm (I’m learning) and that cost me 4 places. I also got punted some times and that didn’t help a bit. Managed to claw a 14th back in the end where Pinky turned out to be a bigger problem than anticipated.

SR 3rd
I had one chance and I took it. I started on RM and had to come past Pinky and @Wedgybo and I managed it. After that I tried very hard to keep a steady pace. That secured a first for the first 6 laps. That made it possible to attack in last stint and really try to stay up there. Podium secured and a 3-4 for the BAD BOY’s and a first in Constructors Challenge after first round. WOW

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Managed to claw a 14th back in the end where Pinky turned out to be a bigger problem than anticipated.
Can’t be going easy on ya dude! Gotta keep it interesting somehow.
Wish I could’ve kept the pressure on ya all the way to the finish but my tyres were shot and I spun it out on either lap 19 or 20 and just tried to get across the line from there

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The Coord's do not have a problem at all. If You sign-up in time, You'll be in. If You don't, You'll be out. It's quite simple.

A thought though.... We could of course do something in next Season. That something could be sharing the grid places available Fx. If We (as now) has 1-4 reserve's, We could say that We all have a round out, thereby allowing others to drive. For Rd.1 the reserve's would be reserve's, For Rd.2 4 others would be "reserve's, For Rd.3 4 new guy's. Ideally that should work, BUT what if reserve's are used and what if We are less than 4. There are a lot of questions to be answered. IF We can find a solution that make it fair to all, it could make the transition from 1 room to 2 room's a lot smoother.
Yeah its just a strange situation we find ourselves in, but the thing is if we had done 2 rooms we would have had what 9/8 & 8 in each room, so I think with having reserves and 1 full lobby instead of 2 half-full ones wouldn't have been as enjoyable last night.

As for doing something like what you've suggested for next season, I just don't know how something like that could work as just off the bat your relying on a specific amount of people and for them to all see the season out, either way though its certainly not something to rule out.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time,

Qualy - 1st: Put together a very good solid lap which ended up being good enough for pole.

Feature - 1st: I had a good start and looked back behind at the end of S1 to see a lot of battling and I had a nice 2.5sec lead over Lithuanian.
The next few laps the gap I had stayed roughly the same, however by lap 5 HRG had moved upto 2nd and I made a minor error exiting the NGK-Schikane and lost most of my 2.5sec lead, with HRG now close behind I made my first stop the next lap and just came out ahead of 4th.

Lithuanian pitted the next lap moving me upto 2nd and by the end of lap 8 it was clear HRG was 1 stopping, I caught up to him on lap 9 and with such a difference in tyre wear, I was able to get pass him at T7.
I pulled a bit of a lead over him before he pitted on lap 10 and then it became a question of how would things work out after I made my 2nd stop.

HRG had made up several seconds on me by the time I made my last stop on lap 13, and I exited the pits I came out just behind him however with fresh tyres I knew I had to take advantage of them and I stayed close enough through the rest of the lap, to be able to pass him at the NGK-Schikane.

Once I got past I started to pull a bit of a gap but then I picked up a silly time pen and when I served it it brought HRG back into slipstream range, but I knew at that point I just needed to not make any more mistakes and I should be able to win, and with no further dramas I was able to see it out and win.

Sprint - 5th: I made a last minute decision to start on mediums and it likely was the wrong decision as the opening stint was a bit of a struggle for me.

Not much happened in the first couple laps, but I then got in a very enjoyable battle with Lee for a couple laps however I ended up still being behind him, as it got to lap 5 I had made very little progress through the field and that lap I decided to gamble on a long stint on the soft.

My race had a big improvement after that with a mix of the undercut and people ahead pitting over the next couple laps, I made up several places and also passed Lee, Bl99dy & Meg1s at some point during this phase.

Once things looked like they had settled down I found myself in 6th with a 3 laps to go but then Defiant went slightly off the track at T2 and I was able to get by him at T3, with 2 laps to go my soft tyres were giving up the ghost and all I could do was just maintain position and finish 5th.

Looking back at the night, I certainly didn't expect to take pole and it was a pleasant surprise, the feature race was hard work though as HRG put in a great performance with the 1 stop and kept me honest, but by taking the FL as well I managed to do the hat-trick so the feature couldn't have gone any better really.

With the sprint race I wouldn't say I was panicking but the fact I was around 13/14th for the first 5 laps was a bit concerning, but in the end I managed to get 5th out of it which was a very good result all things considered, though I was left thinking what if I had started on the softs instead, but still overall I was quite happy with my nights work.

Anyway congrats to HRG on his sprint win and 2nd, and well done to Bankai, Lithuanian & Delaney on there respective podiums.
And I'll see you all next week.

MadLithuanian

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2020

Hey peeps. After a Friday night outing with my mates I didn't have the will power to do anything on the weekend so naturally I decided to make a full blown montage of both of my races. Inspiration came from F1 Drive to survive season 2 on netflix (which I didn't binge-watch all day on Saturday, I swear). Added some additional razzle-dazzle to the sprint race montage to try and convey that it's actually a sprint race and you don't have much time to fix any mistakes. This is the first time I did such a thing so any feedback is welcome and a lot of you guys are featured in the video. Cheers!

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019

Hey peeps. After a Friday night outing with my mates I didn't have the will power to do anything on the weekend so naturally I decided to make a full blown montage of both of my races. Inspiration came from F1 Drive to survive season 2 on netflix (which I didn't binge-watch all day on Saturday, I swear). Added some additional razzle-dazzle to the sprint race montage to try and convey that it's actually a sprint race and you don't have much time to fix any mistakes. This is the first time I did such a thing so any feedback is welcome and a lot of you guys are featured in the video. Cheers!
I really liked this one.Great editing,really made the action seem like a movie.I would only suggest 2 things.
1.Make the music louder on the first race.The 2nd one was just perfect,follow that as an example
2.I think your edits already look stunning but you can do even better by not restricting yourself to the cockpit cam.I'd suggest you try using the action and bumper cameras more often.
But yeah,other than that thanks for sharing this vid.I really enjoyed watching it.Well,except the part where you overtook me :p

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

MadLithuanian

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2020
I really liked this one.Great editing,really made the action seem like a movie.I would only suggest 2 things.
1.Make the music louder on the first race.The 2nd one was just perfect,follow that as an example
2.I think your edits already look stunning but you can do even better by not restricting yourself to the cockpit cam.I'd suggest you try using the action and bumper cameras more often.
But yeah,other than that thanks for sharing this vid.I really enjoyed watching it.Well,except the part where you overtook me :p
Ha ha, thanks mate! I didn't want the music to be too obnoxious in the first part, but maybe u are right! Happy you enjoyed it and thanks for the feedback.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015

That was well put together lad.

Also, tip for the Shell logo on your rear wing endplates... pull the depth back on the logo and you won't have it intruding onto the main plane of the wing, making it look like you have Spanish flags on there lol

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018

Good job mate. Was an enjoyable watch :)

Reactions: MadLithuanian
Status
Not open for further replies.