PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.4 Gr.4 @ Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.4 Gr.4 @ Laguna Seca

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
We talked about fuel economy tonight and apparently the Citroen is able to do Feature Race easily without having to refuel and that will easily make up for it’s possible lack of speed.
The SLS, Viper, Lexus and Jaguar will have to be very easy on the tires or maybe pit an extra time. The NSX is prone to rear tirewear and one has to be careful not to overdrive it. But it’s dammed fast and has god fuel economy and can be easy on the tires. I haven’t tried the Renault and Porsche round here yet.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I tested every car except for the Lancer (though I will include it in the rankings), because I know how that goes, and the Toyota, because I forgot about it until just now. I'll categorise them into 3 tiers; Best, Good and Poor. There aren't any real stinkers, but there are some that are better than others for sure.

Poor: Citroen, Lexus, Jaguar, Viper
Well thanks for ending this debate, at least I know I'm driving a dog of a car around Laguna on Thursday night.:p

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Being a tad serious though HRG, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that your tests show the Renault should be very quick around Laguna Seca, I just know from doing enough daily races with Gr.4's that the Renault at low speed/technical tracks with a lot of corners is the best Gr.4 in those circumstances. (though on the flipside it loses that advantage at power circuits naturally)

Your assessment of the Gr.4 Honda around here is a tad surprising, though considering what Wedgybo said a couple days ago in this thread, then there has to be a fair bit of truth to your test results.

And with your assessment of driving my Citroen and what you said - it just means are driving styles are probably quite a bit different.

But the good thing is that the calendar for both Gr.3 and Gr.4 uses a variety of circuits, and what you've posted just re-affirms that what I've said from the start of the season all our Gr.3 & 4 cars will be more suited to some tracks then others, and as a result the order should change throughout the field from round to round.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
My prediction for Rd. 4 Feature Race:

Why:
  • The Citroen uses no fuel and has no tire wear. That in combo with the normal skill of Wobbie.
  • The Renault is dead fast, has no tire wear and uses very little fuel. So Monkey this is Your moment. And watch out for Manx.
  • Harry and the Mitsubishi is struggling with high tire wear this time but of course it's mostly hot air. He'll be up there again.
  • The Honda is a very fast machine round here and in combo with little tire wear (if they do it right) they should be fast this time round
  • The Toyota should be fast round here so expect to see Jane doing good this time.
  • I'll be at the back somewhere trying to fend off PinkyJack.

1. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, Citroen
  2. @monkeymeg44, Monkeymeg44, Renault
  3. @HRacingGreen, HRacingGreen, Mitsubishi
  4. @Caaalyy, Caaalyy, Honda
  5. @Manx57, Ronin-Manx, Renault
  6. @Jane Trpkov, JT_RACING_14 , Toyota
  7. @MadLithuanian, BMW
  8. @jutngo, Jutngo, Jaguar
  9. @Bankai_Bullett, Bankai_Bullett, Lexus
  10. @Defiant195, Defiant195, Dodge
  11. @leedamastr, X_L33TH3R34P3R_X, Lexus
  12. @Wedgybo, Wedgybo, Honda
  13. @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Dodge
  14. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; Jaguar
  15. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Mercedes
  16. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii , GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Porsche
How do You guy's see it?

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019

Why:
  • The Citroen uses no fuel and has no tire wear. That in combo with the normal skill of Wobbie.
  • The Renault is dead fast, has no tire wear and uses very little fuel. So Monkey this is Your moment. And watch out for Manx.
  • Harry and the Mitsubishi is struggling with high tire wear this time but of course it's mostly hot air. He'll be up there again.
  • The Honda is a very fast machine round here and in combo with little tire wear (if they do it right) they should be fast this time round
  • The Toyota should be fast round here so expect to see Jane doing good this time.

7. @MadLithuanian, BMW
How do You guy's see it?
At first I was like are you mad because I didnt see Hasnain or Ragna_Kagari anywhere but then I remembered that Hasnain isnt racing and Rangna_Kagari is Wobbuffet on the forum.So,yeah,pretty accurate predictions but I wouldn't put HracingGreen anywhere else than the top 2 and I would also put Bankai Bullett,Communist Minion and you bit higher

Manx57

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016

Why:

7. @MadLithuanian, BMW
How do You guy's see it?

Ha ha no way I will be 4th lol

I find the Renault is different every time I drive it, something is really strange, one session I am am doing 28's the next session 30's. I have been driving it in the public races and it it sooo slow down the straight every one can slip stream past to easily...... :(

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
If i end up 3rd its a catastrophe for the championship haha. I'm yet to win a feature race and @Wobbuffet is yet to win a sprint, inexplicably, so its a precarious situation.