PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.5 Gr.3 @ SPA-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.5 Gr.3 @ SPA-Francorchamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
CC_1_RD5.jpg

• Date: April 9th, 2020
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:50 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH, RM (Feature) RM, RS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 17 Laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 8 Laps
    • Reverse grid
    • The Sprint Race will use the in-game rolling start procedure with reverse grid based on the Feature Race results
●Track Map
Circuit de Spa Francorshamps.jpg

● Weather Conditions:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day:

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

• Gran Turismo Sport features an in-game penalty system that allows the driver to serve any penalties acquired at their leisure. Predictably, this can cause problems, chief among them is the gaggle of cars at the end of races slamming on the brakes in a desperate attempt to scrub off any penalties they might have. In an effort to promote clean and fair racing we at AOR GT Sport League ask all drivers to practice the following procedure:
    Time penalties awarded by the game should be served as soon as possible within the next lap. If the penalty is not served within this time you will have the initial penalty + 1 second per sector until the penalty is served added to your overall race time. As always serving a penalty needs to be done safely, away from the racing line, without blocking and/ or endangering others. If a penalty is acquired during the last lap and is not able to be served before exiting the final corner, it may NOT be served before the finish line.
    Failure to follow this procedure may result in action taken by the Stewards Panel.

As for contact penalties you are allowed to ignore the penalty provided the contact did not result in an off-track excursion for any of the parties involved. If another driver does has an off-track excursion as a result of your actions you are still obliged to give up any position gained as a result of said contact.

Also if you pick up a penalty for track limit violations whilst you have a pre-existing contact penalty you only need to serve the track limit penalty in the usual time frame (within the next lap).

Due to a glitch in the game coding contact penalties are in effect until Polyphony Digital decides to turn the penalties off again (even though we turn contact penalties off in the settings).

Any queries please contact a co-ordinator or log it in the stewards panel.
    @BL99DY-NINE @Delaney @GKRT_PinkiiBoii @Hasnain
A reminder of the rules can be found here.

Signed up:
  1. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; American, 119 ms
  2. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 36 ms
  3. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii, GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Scottish/Indian, 14 ms
  4. @jutngo, Jutngo, Northern Irish, 29 ms
  5. @monkeymeg44, Monkeymeg44, British, 17ms
  6. @Caaalyy, Caaalyy, Dutch, 14ms
  7. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, British, 9ms
  8. @Manx57, Ronin-Manx, Manx, 58ms
  9. @Wedgybo, Wedgybo, Scottish, 10ms
  10. @Bankai_Bullett, Bankai_Bullett, British, 17ms
  11. @leedamastr, X_L33TH3R34P3R_X, British, 30ms
  12. @HRacingGreen, HRacingGreen91, British, 7ms
  13. @Defiant195, Defiant195, British, 27ms
  14. @Ashracer2011, Ashracer2011, British, 17ms
  15. @zJReedy, zJReedy, British, 7ms
  16. @MikeyO, iTs_MichaelG, British, 19ms

Reserve’s

1. @mattcharter, mattcharter, British, 12ms
  2. @Intotheobscurity, Intotheobscurity (Still no TT!)
  3. @Natedawg69, razztablasta, British, 34ms (No TT!)

We will all gather in @Delaney's room before the race for warm-ups (open 6.45-ish). For the race it looks like we will have a full lobby with 16 participants this round.

Informed no show:

• @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Finnish, 51 ms
  • @Hasnain, Hasnain282, British, 17ms
Uninformed no show:
Resigned:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Preliminary Results
Qualifying
CC#1_Q_RD5.jpg

Feature
CC#1_F_RD5.jpg

Sprint

CC#1_S_RD5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
So normally @Delaney would host the FP1 on a Sunday and then FP2 on Tuesdays giving us Mondays off but with the lockdown across various countries we have also been having Practice sessions on Mondays so I have got the settings for a season test based on the Copen RJ VGT cup that @Wobbuffet has suggested to myself and the rest of the co-ords and plan to run a test of it as a social race tonight.
I'll open the room about 7pm (GMT) with us kicking off at 7:45 (GMT)
Hope many of you are up for joining us.
For those of you who don't have the required car it is 1,000,000 Cr in the game and is quite a fun wee car, and in in the Vision GT section of Daihatsu in Brand Central.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Loooool I forgot it was Daihatsu Cup tonight, better get a UC Benneton livery rustled up quickly.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
And now a word form our sponsors:
Math! >achoo<

CC_1_Calendar.jpg

The Sprint Race for round 5 has been revised from 8 laps to 9 laps

Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just wanted to thank the co-ords and everyone else for giving my suggestion a go, I'm sure everyone who took part has there own views on the positives and negatives from it.

From my side just to go into a few things, I picked Sardegna C for the test round because it was a simple circuit and everyone would be able to get up to speed pretty quick, I know it meant that it wouldn't be the most challenging of nights but the main idea was to see how the settings would go but also that people would be able to have fun most importantly.

I will add that all 3 races were slighter shorter versions then intended, it was 2 laps less for the feature, 1 lap less for sprint and rapid (I did this as again this was only a test and these race distances tonight would still give a lot of information) - I have the idea of 27/28 minutes for the feature, 18mins for the sprint and 10mins for the rapid.

Feature race - I was very happy in general with how it went, everyone had to stop but tyre wear was a bit too high considering the circuit (I'll go into that later).

Sprint race - well I'm honest enough to admit it felt a tad dull, of course having 3 cars caught up together in a accident on the first lap didn't help, however I don't think the no stop/1 stop was both viable strategies for this race unfortunately.

Rapid race - I was happy with the rapid race it went how it is intended, last race of the night with no worries about fuel or tyres - you have max grip giving everyone the chance to go on the all out attack, and tonight you didn't know who was going to win, you had top 4 covered by half a second & 3 wide for 2 at the line.

Now the 2 big things were slipstream and lack of tyre wear in the sprint, with the slipstream currently theres not much we can do about but there is a update coming at some point in the near future that will change the slipstream apparently, so I guess we'll have to see how this changes things in a potential series using these cars.

And the thing is Sardegna C is probably one of the lowest tyre wearing circuits in the game, I definitely believe that at higher tyre wear circuits that using the current tyre wear that I've set for the sprint race will offer no stop and 1 stops as legitimate strategies to drivers, though maybe a slight increase to the tyre wear from x7 to x8 could be considered.

However originally for the feature races a few months back I had selected x12 but I decided to try out x15 and I think it was maybe too high based on what I saw in the feature, knowing that at other circuits it would make tyre life a bit to difficult perhaps, so going back to x12 would be my recommendation.

As for the races I had, as I said thoroughly enjoyed it tonight if the truth be told I was definitely be a lot more cautious and giving alot more space as this was a bit of fun and these cars while there tiny allow plenty of opportunity to battle side by side, however decent contact between drivers can easily result in offs so there was no harm in being cautious.

I will add that should this series get the go ahead people will really have to be a bit more aware of other cars as we saw plenty of 3 wide tonight and an acronym I use to describe racing like this is, CQR - Close Quarters Racing, but when contact happens (CQC) Close Quarters Combat does come to mind lol.

Anyway we only had 8 people racing but there was still a lot of good battles and close racing, and if this was to get over 12 drivers to a full lobby then I don't think there would be a lack of action for anyone involved.
We had 3 different winners and 5 different podium finishers tonight and with a full lobby theres no reason why 3 different winners and at least 6/7 different podium finishers can't be a regular possibility round to round.

Ok that's my view on how it went, if the co-ords or the other drivers that took part have any questions, suggestions, feedback please feel free to do so.

Last edited:

jutngo

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2019
I really enjoyed the event last night. If I was testing this car I would definitely have been looking at sports tyres, maybe even comfort softs but that's probably my personal preference for less grip and not everyone's taste.
The racing was brilliant though and I'm pretty sure everyone had a good night and a laugh. Can't find any fault with it at all.
Thanks dudes.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Last night was good fun, and I think the format in general was decent. The long straights and heavy elevation change definitely exacerbated the slipstream whoring and it's possible that at other tracks it won't be too bad, but similarly it may be worse, it really depends. The slipstream changes will hopefully fix this.

As for the feel of the cars, I also felt they had far too much grip, and we weren't really challenged as drivers. I know it only weighs 600 kilos but for me, it felt that we could do with more slidey cars, with bigger braking zones and more nuance in some of the corners. My personal choice is ramp the tyre multiplier up, use Sports Softs for the Feature, Racing Hard for the sprint and Racing Medium for the Rapid. Of course, without proper testing, we won't know if that's an awful idea or not.

For qualifying, I'd like to see it removed from all the round after Round 1. I think this would be a great time to trial having the feature race grid dictated by the results of the previous race.

I also think these short, one and done tracks are ideal for these cars. Brands Hatch, Austria Short, Kyoto Miyabi etc will be great.

Overall, I did have a laugh. A 4-round cup would be interesting even without any changes to the format, providing the right tracks are used.

And yes, I will be running some sort of egg/tin can themed livery I'm sure.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Done a few lobby laps this afternoon. Mediums seem to die in an instant, not convinced they'll be any good as a race tyre. Could do a low 18 first full lap on them but then they drop to 19s almost instantly. Could be a very interesting race from a strategic point of view, gonna need to do quite a bit of testing.

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
As of last night my PS4 refuses to accept any kind of disc. As most my games are on disc (including GT sport) I will not be racing until I can get it fixed. Which will entail waiting until the lockdown is lifted. Sorry guys not my fault.

@Delaney No show.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
@Hasnain with JT's departure you are now a full time driver

@zJReedy with Defiant's uncertain status you are on the driver list for the foreseeable future.

Good luck to you both!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@jutngo & @HRacingGreen with regards to the tyre selection - sports/comfort tyres I considered but I felt that going for racing tyres with the best grip would not just reduce the spread of pace throughout the field but also allow plenty of opportunities for battling.

I can of course understand the point that it felt like these cars had to much grip last night, but even with racing medium/soft/s-soft tyres people were still making errors and mistakes and thats at a track like Sardegna C.

I mean while I would prefer to leave it as is, though maybe a step harder tyre combo could be considered instead ie: RH for feature, RM for Sprint & RS for Rapid. (but the tyre wear modifiers for the feature & sprint would need to be re-tested and changed)

But with a potential series like this I think it would be better focused towards an easier racing experience for all involved, to give us racing like we saw last night, going down the comfort/sports tyres route will likely reduce the amount of battling and increase the spread of the field.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just to further add to this post, the feature was a prime example of what we could expect regularly if sticking mainly to the current settings we used. (I hope you don't mind me using you as an example Jutngo)

But Jutngo who normally is a tad off the front runners pace and runs towards the front of the midfield was not only on pace with the likes of Ash, HRG & myself, but won the feature comfortably & legitimately (it wasn't like any of the normal fast drivers had incidents or issues), plus Delaney and Meg1s was also able to stay with the leaders and able to run and battle for the lead early on in that race as well.

One of the main issues over the seasons has been that our league doesn't normally give enough variation in winners and podiums between drivers, but using a car & format like this should really shake up things. Of course theres no guarantees (as the drivers still have to get the job done) but a series like this should give plenty of opportunity for drivers who normally race in the midfield to run at the front more often and create the different winners and podiums that we've been looking for. (even if its just for a season)

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
After what happened to me last night before I went to bed, I need to make the co-ords aware that with the symptoms I've experienced over the past 6 days that theres a 99% chance that I have the coronavirus.

First couple days I had just a slightly blocked nose and coughing up phlegm, but the past few days I felt a tad short of breath.

Anyway just after 4am just before I was getting ready to go to sleep, I had a severe shortness of breath which lasted 20-30 seconds it was one of the most horrible things I ever experienced in my life, I recovered some what but while my breathing was bearable I couldn't sleep at all for the rest of the night.

I'm trying to take it as easy as I can but if you don't hear or see me on Thursday night, then the likelihood is that I'll be in hospital.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
After what happened to me last night before I went to bed, I need to make the co-ords aware that with the symptoms I've experienced over the past 6 days that theres a 99% chance that I have the coronavirus.

First couple days I had just a slightly blocked nose and coughing up phlegm, but the past few days I felt a tad short of breath.

Anyway just after 4am just before I was getting ready to go to sleep, I had a severe shortness of breath which lasted 20-30 seconds it was one of the most horrible things I ever experienced in my life, I recovered some what but while my breathing was bearable I couldn't sleep at all for the rest of the night.

I'm trying to take it as easy as I can but if you don't hear or see me on Thursday night, then the likelihood is that I'll be in hospital.
Damn. Definitely take it easy dude, I hope you fight it off easily.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

Shi** man that is NOT good news. Best of luck man and get well soon mate.

• Friendly
Reactions: Wobbuffet
Status
Not open for further replies.