PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.5 Gr.3 @ SPA-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.5 Gr.3 @ SPA-Francorchamps

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Thanks for the kind messages once again guys, the last 24 hours have been a bit better for me then the previous 24, and in general right now I feel ok but the strange thing is though since last night I started suffering from a loss of smell (and even now still can't smell anything).

Anyway at the moment I should be able to race tonight.

Yeah I saw that a couple days ago and it really helped me.
This is good news mate!

• Friendly
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the kind messages once again guys, the last 24 hours have been a bit better for me then the previous 24, and in general right now I feel ok but the strange thing is though since last night I started suffering from a loss of smell (and even now still can't smell anything).

Anyway at the moment I should be able to race tonight.

Yeah I saw that a couple days ago and it really helped me.
Get well soon Wobbie, it's never fun to be ill even with a slight cold, but especially with something as serious and debilitating as this CO-VID19 virus. Rest up and be careful while your immune system is suppressed.

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
@Wobbuffet Yeah get well and don't take any chances, get medical advice and help your airways.

@Delaney Just had a test on GTS the disc has stayed in for more than an hour without any problems so I should be available for tonight. Although since the lockdown our Internet speeds have been drastically lower and our electricity has been cutting off on the ground floor socket circuit (the one our router / wifi is plugged into). So maybe I will get disconnected anyway.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Well looks like I won't be available tonight, apologies

• Informative
Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
@Wobbuffet Yeah get well and don't take any chances, get medical advice and help your airways.

@Delaney Just had a test on GTS the disc has stayed in for more than an hour without any problems so I should be available for tonight. Although since the lockdown our Internet speeds have been drastically lower and our electricity has been cutting off on the ground floor socket circuit (the one our router / wifi is plugged into). So maybe I will get disconnected anyway.
Well looks like I won't be available tonight, apologies
This is turning out to be a very strange round, with people going in and out every moment.
@Defiant195 I reinstated You, as I anticipated You coming back. We’ll see about Your connection issues.
@Hasnain I’m very sorry, that You’ll not be able to join us tonight, We will try to manage without.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
We could have anything between 10 and 14 people here tonight. How bizarre.

@Wobbuffet glad to hear you're improving. Loss of smell is a symptom that largely gets ignored, but apparently is quite common. Hopefully I'll see you lining up alongside me tonight.

• Friendly
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
We could have anything between 10 and 14 people here tonight. How bizarre.

@Wobbuffet glad to hear you're improving. Loss of smell is a symptom that largely gets ignored, but apparently is quite common. Hopefully I'll see you lining up alongside me tonight.
Hopefully @Wobbuffet hasn’t completely lost his taste for victory;)

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
The League info / race setting links says it's a manual rolling start. But the race information says grid start with false start. I can't remember what we have been doing so far can someone remind me in the race chat later.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
The League info / race setting links says it's a manual rolling start. But the race information says grid start with false start. I can't remember what we have been doing so far can someone remind me in the race chat later.
Grid start in Feature, rolling in Sprint.

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015

My connection has also nosedived in the past 24-48 hours, Plusnet/BT. Now on a wireless hotspot (for now) that has better speeds but the ping is sketchy at best. @Delaney could you do a lag test on me pre-race. If it's pathetic i'll go back to my Mickey Mouse, but stable WiFi, where the ping may be lower.

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yes ping is fine, I just think BT et all are lowering speeds because of high demand. And to 'encourage' us to upgrade.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings has been updated (Still temp. as We are waiting for the results of eventual protests)

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Three points for a disconnect. I'll take it! Instantly went on amazon and ordered new networking kit. Hopefully should fix the problem for next week. Was happy with a top 10 in the feature though! Was a fun race

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Three points for a disconnect. I'll take it! Instantly went on amazon and ordered new networking kit. Hopefully should fix the problem for next week. Was happy with a top 10 in the feature though! Was a fun race
Sorry mate that's a mistake on my part. I didn't see that You DSC'ed, so it's actually no points for You in that race.

Reactions: Wedgybo

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Race report

Q8
I haven't been able to find the one lap pace this week, so to get an 8th in Q was better than I feared.

FR 10th
Started of like the devil was on my heels and advanced quite quickly in the first stint to a 4th when best. Right at the tail of @Ashracer2011, who started 4th. I wasn't paying attention to the fuel and had to fuel a bit at the first pit stop, which send me down at P10. @defiant and @Manx57 hadn't pitted, so I was catching them pretty fast and got a really good tow up Kemmel end found a hole between them into P8. 2nd stint was ok and things settled down a bit. Was trying to keep @BL99DY-NINE at bay and to catch @jutngo. I knew I had "overfueled" a bit when I pitted the first time, but that should benefit me later, I hoped. But I overshot the Busstop a bit and lost a lot of time to both of them, when We pitted, but because of said overfueling I was sort of back in place when We left the pit. A combination of me making some smaller errors and BL99DY doing a wery fast out lap put me under pressure and I started making stupid mistakes. At Fagnes I ran wide and finally binned it completely at Campus, letting BL99DY and a couple more past. So to come home 10th was actually not so bad.

SR 8th
I had the chance but blew it.... Why did I start on RM's? I wasn't sure that the RS's would do 6 laps and decided to do a 5/4 on RM/RS and that was a mistake. A part from @GKRT_PinkiiBoii those in front of me also started on RM's and I was able to put some pressure on them, but not able to overtake them. Then I missed my braking point for the Busstop and had to run wide to avoid hitting @Defiant195 and that meant getting spawned back in 12th or 13th, right in front of @Wobbuffet (Ragna), who I could sort of keep up with till he pitted for RS's a lap later. I caught up to the back of the field, but binned it completely coming out of the Busstop. So to manage to come home in 8th was actually fantastic.

And with the fantastic return of @Ashracer2011 with a 2nd and a first, BAD BOY's are on the move again. Watch out Wobbie Ragna_Kagari Buffet, here We come ;)

P.S. A special congratulations to @GKRT_PinkiiBoii with his 9th in the Sprint race, well played mate.

Last edited:

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Yes ping is fine, I just think BT et all are lowering speeds because of high demand. And to 'encourage' us to upgrade.
Ping fine here, speeds still low but the router has been constantly dropping out (mostly after 8pm) since Tuesday/Wednesday. Is it the same for you?

Switched to my unlimited mobile data via wifi hotspot and dongle for my PC and PS4 and the speeds are easily 4-5x what PlusNet (cheap BT) currently giving me!

jutngo

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2019
Had a great night at Spa, thanks dudes.
I know the track really well and I knew the car was good around here but definitely finished better than I thought possible.
9th to 5th in the feature race was mainly due to other cars having small incidents that I was able to avoid. Had too good a run up the hill on lap one to ignore and had to make the move on my team mate. Sorry Bl99dy. If I had lifted to stay behind then Defiant would have been all over us. A bit of a battle with Caaaly then another with Defiant and then it was just the fact that Lee went off track that gifted me 5th. Just kept it clean to bring home the Bleeding Edge points.
10th to 3rd in the sprint! Well, one of those positions was due to a disconnect but I'm still counting it. Lol. Think I had an easier time than some in that race. I seem to have had chances to get through traffic that other quicker cars didn't get. With a few quick drivers being held up a little that gave me some space to put a bit of distance to 4th place in the final laps.
Going into the last lap I saw Wobbie get into 4th and it wasn't long before a >2 second gap became 1.4 after the first straight then right up my chuff heading for the chicane. If someone this quick is behind me it would usually make more sense for me to let them go but on the final lap it's worth fighting for the points so I made him go the long way round on the way in then when I saw he hadn't quite done it I closed the door in the second part of the corner. I usually wouldn't defend that hard but I'm sure most would do the same in that position.
Regardless of results, I had a great night of racing. Always good to bring home some good Bleeding Edge points though. Cheers dudes.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Had too good a run up the hill on lap one to ignore and had to make the move on my team mate. Sorry Bl99dy.
I may joke about it form time to time but there are no 'team orders' at BEMS. If you are quicker (and you have been lately) just give me a shout and I'll let you through.:)

Reactions: Delaney and Wedgybo
Status
Not open for further replies.