PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.6 Gr.4 @ Red Bull Ring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.6 Gr.4 @ Red Bull Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
CC_1_RD6.jpg

• Date: April 16th, 2020
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:50 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH, RM (Feature) RM, RS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 24 Laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 12 Laps
    • Reverse grid
    • The Sprint Race will use the in-game rolling start procedure with reverse grid based on the Feature Race results
●Track Map

RedBull Ring.png

● Weather Conditions:
Fine

● In-game time-of-day:

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

• Gran Turismo Sport features an in-game penalty system that allows the driver to serve any penalties acquired at their leisure. Predictably, this can cause problems, chief among them is the gaggle of cars at the end of races slamming on the brakes in a desperate attempt to scrub off any penalties they might have. In an effort to promote clean and fair racing we at AOR GT Sport League ask all drivers to practice the following procedure:
    Time penalties awarded by the game should be served as soon as possible within the next lap. If the penalty is not served within this time you will have the initial penalty + 1 second per sector until the penalty is served added to your overall race time. As always serving a penalty needs to be done safely, away from the racing line, without blocking and/ or endangering others. If a penalty is acquired during the last lap and is not able to be served before exiting the final corner, it may NOT be served before the finish line.
    Failure to follow this procedure may result in action taken by the Stewards Panel.

As for contact penalties you are allowed to ignore the penalty provided the contact did not result in an off-track excursion for any of the parties involved. If another driver does has an off-track excursion as a result of your actions you are still obliged to give up any position gained as a result of said contact.

Also if you pick up a penalty for track limit violations whilst you have a pre-existing contact penalty you only need to serve the track limit penalty in the usual time frame (within the next lap).

Due to a glitch in the game coding contact penalties are in effect until Polyphony Digital decides to turn the penalties off again (even though we turn contact penalties off in the settings).

Any queries please contact a co-ordinator or log it in the stewards panel.
    @BL99DY-NINE @Delaney @GKRT_PinkiiBoii @Hasnain
A reminder of the rules can be found here.

Signed up:
  1. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; American, 119 ms
  2. @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Finnish, 51 ms
  3. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 36 ms
  4. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii, GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Scottish/Indian, 14 ms
  5. @jutngo, Jutngo, Northern Irish, 29 ms
  6. @monkeymeg44, Monkeymeg44, British, 17ms
  7. @Caaalyy, Caaalyy, Dutch, 14ms
  8. @Defiant195, Defiant195, British, 27ms
  9. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, British, 9ms
  10. @Manx57, Ronin-Manx, Manx, 58ms
  11. @Wedgybo, Wedgybo, Scottish, 10ms
  12. @Bankai_Bullett, Bankai_Bullett, British, 17ms
  13. @leedamastr, X_L33TH3R34P3R_X, British, 30ms
  14. @HRacingGreen, HRacingGreen91, British, 7ms
  15. @Hasnain, Hasnain282, British, 17ms
  16. @Ashracer2011, Ashracer2011, British, 17ms

Reserve’s
  1. @zJReedy, zJReedy, British, 7ms
  2. @MikeyO, iTs_MichaelG, British, 19ms
  3. @mattcharter, mattcharter, British, 12ms
  4. @Intotheobscurity, Intotheobscurity (Still no TT!)
  5. @Natedawg69, razztablasta, British, 34ms (No TT!)

We will all gather in @Delaney's room before the race for warm-ups (open 6.45-ish). For the race it looks like we will have a full lobby with 16 participants this round.

Informed no show:

Uninformed no show:
Resigned:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Preliminary Results
Qualifying
CC#1_Q_RD6.jpg

Feature
CC#1_F_RD6.jpg

Sprint

CC#1_S_RD6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well you can't say I don't do my bit around here lol:
ATTENTION
Please use the line as depicted in the video below when entering the pits:

This is the proper way to enter the pit lane at RedBull Ring. It would also be a good idea to alert drivers around you when you are about to pit by either announcing your intentions in voice chat or by turning on your hazards after passing under the Gran Turismo sign between T7 & T8.

• Useful
Reactions: Wedgybo and Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings has been updated - temp only of course

And BAD BOY RACING for AMG Mercedes is back on top in the Constructors Championship

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Results and Standings has been updated - temp only of course

And BAD BOY RACING for AMG Mercedes is back on top in the Constructors Championship
Just checked the results er...the sprint result is slightly wrong, you put Ash 2nd and me 3rd it should be the other way round.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it means that the 'one man band' is still on top in the teams championship.;)
(though don't worry Delaney you'll highly likely be top after the next round)

• Funny
Reactions: Delaney

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Was quite a close quali but wasn't expecting pole position, I guess the car was pretty good over 1 lap.
Botched the start of the race as I hadn't done any practice starts and was expecting wheelspin, got a penalty and managed to not go round when we were 4 wide at the exit of the hairpin and so I was 5th by the end of the lap. After that it was just about saving fuel in the train, went for an undercut which didn't really work out and then in the 2nd stint made too many mistakes which dropped me a few seconds. 2nd undercut was a bit better but was just off Harry's slipstream, Ash managed to catch me as my laps got more ragged and ended up getting past on the last lap so in the end P4.
In the sprint race everything just seemed to fall into place for me, was planning on pitting lap 4 for the undercut, but pitted lap 3 instead as the cars in front were going side by side. Didn't lose too much time behind the majority of the field when coming back and in the end managed to get the lead at T3 on the last lap and bring it home for the win.
Wasn't expecting much going into the evening and was just happy to have some relatively clean runs and some good racing.
Congrats to RK, Ash and Harry on their respective win and podiums.

I won't be available for the last 2 rounds so good luck for the rest of the season.

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
I've had a few beers so figured I'd knock a race report out.

Thanks again everyone for waiting after another DSC before qualifying. I honestly could have flipped the table when it happened.

Qualifying - 8th

Was pretty disappointed with my position to be honest. Even though it was pretty tight at the top with only 1s between the top 12.I was 0.8 off my top time practising. I was a bawhair off getting it into the 1.36s which I'd been doing in qualifying conditions pretty regularly without a tow. So I definitely left positions on the table. But it was a much better session than in Spa where I missed timed everything and bottled it so at least I wasn't at the back. Was chuffed to be lining up along side team mate @Caaalyy on the grid.

Feature - 8th

A poor start on T1 put me back to 9th. Bit of position jockeying with @Bankai_Bullett left me vulnerable to @jutngo and a sloppy laps and more penalties later I found myself down in 12th in the train. Settled in and just focused on setting the lap time and saving full to make it a splash and dash in the pits.

2nd stint was pretty quiet. Only action I had was with @Delaney who did a great job defending until he had to pit on L16 and didn't give me the statifaction of passing him on track. Then @Meg1s who was coming back strong after his pitstop caught up to myself and @leedamastr where we were switching positions for P6 until I almost rear ended @leedamastr in T2 and had to take evasive action. Once I was out their slipstream I had no chance of keeping up. Chuffed with P8 though.

Sprint - 9th

Started 8th and got a double penalty on T1 and T2. Cleared them off and it put me back into 12th. The pack at the back was pretty hectic. After watching @Hasnain video there is was the smart move to pit early. I am not a smart man and stuck to my boring strat of pitting lap 6.

There was plenty of action to watch and some clean racing considering how packed it was. A another double penalty and a few love taps on my in lap, one to the gravel, both racing incidents meant after my pit stop I somehow found myself in last place and about 5s off the pack. Couldn't believe I'd lost that much time and thought surely folk in front have to pit... Turns out I just suck :D Anyway...

Got the head down and just focused on the 6 laps left. Started reeling in the pack and managed to catch up on lap 11 and started picking my way through @GKRT_PinkiiBoii and @monkeymeg44 on the fresher tyres and could see 8th in sight. on L12 a good exit out of T1 got me in front of @jutngo and then @Defiant195 on T2 and @Meg1s on T6 then unfortunately for @Manx57 he got a penalty on the last corner as we were side by side crossing the line which gave me 9th.

Mixed feelings but happy overall. I feel I definitely messed something up in the sprint strategy wise to be soo far behind, but chuffed to have recovered to 9th. Too many penalties cost me a better result after being quite good at avoiding them in practise. Pressure on the night again I guess.

All in all had a great night and super chuffed with my best result yet.

Kyoto is going to be difficult. Tracks hard enough without a wild GR3 NSX. Good job I've got two weeks to practise.

New beer time after that novel...

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just checked the results er...the sprint result is slightly wrong, you put Ash 2nd and me 3rd it should be the other way round.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it means that the 'one man band' is still on top in the teams championship.;)
(though don't worry Delaney you'll highly likely be top after the next round)
Fixed! Damm

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time.

Qualy - 2nd: I ended up just missing out on pole, on my best lap I hooked up the first 7 corners but got T8 wrong and it cost me, but I was still happy with a front row start.

Feature - 1st: I got a very good getaway and was in the lead before T1, the rest of the lap though HRG closed upto me and on lap 2 he was very close after T1 and I knew he was going to get past with the slipstream so I decided not to bother fighting and just slot in behind him after T2.

The next several laps not much happened but around lap 6 the lead pack started to really get compact and I was now under pressure from Meg1s behind but I was able to stay ahead of him, the next lap the lead pack stayed close but I noticed Hasnain pitted, on lap 8 I began battling HRG but it ended up being irrelevant as he pitted as well as Ash behind.

I was now in the lead and had Meg1s still close but then he pitted on lap 9 leaving me on my own, at this point I knew it was highly likely I was the only 1 stopper out of the lead pack and when I made my stop on lap 11 I came out in 4th a few seconds back which wasn't a surprise.

A couple laps later I caught and got ahead of Hasnain (because he served a time pen) and again a couple laps later I caught upto the front 2 of HRG & Ash, at this point I was content to simply follow and stay close to Ash as HRG was only a second up the road, when it got to lap 16 I expected both of them to pit but only HRG did at this point I felt I needed to try get ahead of Ash as I didn't want HRG to potentially gain a couple seconds on me anyway I did get ahead of Ash by T3.

Ash pitted that lap and once again I was left on my own in the lead, with a 12 second lead over HRG and 7 laps to go I felt reasonably confident I could bring home the win at this point and with solid laps for the remaining part of the race and no dramas I did just that.

Sprint - 2nd: Well it was another manic sprint race where so much happened to me I can't remember it all lol, it did start pretty calm in the first couple laps for me, but as the field compacted I got involved in a lot of battles and at times lost positions simply because I choose the 'wrong lane', or I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, it happened a few times and was a bit frustrating but I knew if I kept patient I would be able to make my way through and that did happen.

Anyway by the end of lap 6 most of the drivers around or ahead of me had pitted and I found myself in 4th, on lap 7 I got ahead of Defiant and then Ash pitted from 2nd, at this point it left just Bankai ahead of me and it took all of lap 8 to catch upto him but he went slightly wide at T9 and this allowed me to take the lead at T1.

But the battle wasn't over as Bankai had a go down my inside at T2 and nailed his braking perfectly and I had to take the long way round at T2, we then battled side by side the whole way from T2 down and through T3 & 4 before I finally got ahead at T5. (looking back at that battle from Hasnain's view/vid - it was a very enjoyable hard but fair battle - though one I could have done without Bankai;))

I then started to pull away, but on lap 10 Hasnain got up to 2nd and I knew he had pitted earlier and would be a major threat, unfortunately for me I had only around a second lead starting lap 11 and with the slipstream and his fresher tyres its didn't take him long to catch me, and as we started the last lap he could've had a go at T1 but it was clear he was waiting for T2.

I defended the inside but broke just a couple meters to late and on the exit it allowed him to just be on my inside as we started the run down to T3, at this point I knew it was checkmate but I still broke as late as I dared on the outside at T3 but my tyres were dead and with not much grip I just about stayed on the track but lost the lead, so in the end I had to bring it home and settle for 2nd.

Looking back it was overall another very good night for me results wise, feature went pretty much perfect but obviously a bit frustrating to just miss out on winning the sprint (I just needed a bit more luck in that race) but all things considered I can't really complain, anyway congrats to Hasnain on his sprint win and well done to HRG and Ash on there respective podiums.

One final thing I will mention is that I believe the big game update is due to happen in the next couple days, have to say I wish it would've happen after the end if this season but it is what it is and hopefully it won't change things to drastically, I mean I can live with fuel and tyre wear changes to our cars - but potential handling changes to all our cars are far from ideal with just 2 rounds to go.
Obviously we can only wait and see - but personally I hope there only minute as if there big changes, I don't really want to have to learn a new/different type of handling model at this point lol.

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings has been updated after determination of Stewards Reports.

@Manx has been moved from 10th to 12th in FR and @Caaalyy and @Bankai_Bullett has subsequently been promoted to 10th and 11th.

• Burn
Reactions: Manx57
Status
Not open for further replies.