PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.8 Gr.4 @ Fuji Int. Speedway | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - Rd.8 Gr.4 @ Fuji Int. Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
CC_1_RD8.jpg

• Date: May 6th, 2020
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:50 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: RH, RM (Feature) RM, RS (Sprint)
  • Event Format:
    • Qualifying: 10 Minutes
    • Feature Race: 22 Laps
    • Grid Start with False Start Check based on Qualifying
    • Sprint Race: 12 Laps
    • Reverse grid
    • The Sprint Race will use the in-game rolling start procedure with reverse grid based on the Feature Race results
●Track Map
Fuji Int speedway.jpg

● Weather Conditions:
Fine

● In-game time-of-day:

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

• Gran Turismo Sport features an in-game penalty system that allows the driver to serve any penalties acquired at their leisure. Predictably, this can cause problems, chief among them is the gaggle of cars at the end of races slamming on the brakes in a desperate attempt to scrub off any penalties they might have. In an effort to promote clean and fair racing we at AOR GT Sport League ask all drivers to practice the following procedure:
    Time penalties awarded by the game should be served as soon as possible within the next lap. If the penalty is not served within this time you will have the initial penalty + 1 second per sector until the penalty is served added to your overall race time. As always serving a penalty needs to be done safely, away from the racing line, without blocking and/ or endangering others. If a penalty is acquired during the last lap and is not able to be served before exiting the final corner, it may NOT be served before the finish line.
    Failure to follow this procedure may result in action taken by the Stewards Panel.

As for contact penalties you are allowed to ignore the penalty provided the contact did not result in an off-track excursion for any of the parties involved. If another driver does has an off-track excursion as a result of your actions you are still obliged to give up any position gained as a result of said contact.

Also if you pick up a penalty for track limit violations whilst you have a pre-existing contact penalty you only need to serve the track limit penalty in the usual time frame (within the next lap).

Due to a glitch in the game coding contact penalties are in effect until Polyphony Digital decides to turn the penalties off again (even though we turn contact penalties off in the settings).

Any queries please contact a co-ordinator or log it in the stewards panel.
    @BL99DY-NINE @Delaney @GKRT_PinkiiBoii @Hasnain
A reminder of the rules can be found here.

Signed up:
  1. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; American, 119 ms
  2. @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Finnish, 51 ms
  3. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 36 ms
  4. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii, GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Scottish/Indian, 14 ms
  5. @jutngo, Jutngo, Northern Irish, 29 ms
  6. @Defiant195, Defiant195, British, 27ms
  7. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, British, 9ms
  8. @Wedgybo, Wedgybo, Scottish, 10ms
  9. @Bankai_Bullett, Bankai_Bullett, British, 17ms
  10. @leedamastr, X_L33TH3R34P3R_X, British, 30ms
  11. @HRacingGreen, HRacingGreen91, British, 7ms
  12. @Ashracer2011, Ashracer2011, British, 17ms
  13. @monkeymeg44, Monkeymeg44, British, 17ms
  14. @Caaalyy, Caaalyy, Dutch, 14ms
  15. @mattcharter, mattcharter, British, 12ms
  16. @zJReedy, zJReedy, British, 7ms
Reserve’s
  1. @MikeyO, iTs_MichaelG, British, 19ms
  2. @Intotheobscurity, Intotheobscurity (Still no TT!)
  3. @Natedawg69, razztablasta, British, 34ms (No TT!)

We will all gather in @Delaney's room before the race for warm-ups (open 6.45-ish). For the race it looks like we will have a full lobby with 16 participants this round.

Informed no show:

Uninformed no show:
Resigned:

NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Preliminary Results
Qualifying
CC#1_Q_RD8.jpg

Feature
CC#1_F_RD8.jpg

Sprint

CC#1_S_RD8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
This going to be uphill for some of us, even in the down hill sections :eek:

The Viper, Citroen and Honda?? seems to be way faster than the rest and not just on the veeeeery long straight. Some is suffering big time and some not quite as much. And then there is tire wear and fuel......!

I'll be setting a FP room up tonight 6:45 PM UK time and We'll see how bad it is.

Last edited:

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
This going to be uphill for some of us, even in the down hill sections :eek:

The Viper, Citroen and Honda?? seems to be way faster than the rest and not just on the veeeeery long straight. Some is suffering big time and some not quite as much. And then there is tire wear and fuel......!

I'll be setting a FP room up tonight 6:45 PM UK time and We'll see how bad it is.
This race will be decided on:
power *cough* Viper *Cough*
fuel *cough* Citroen *cough*

Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So the final round of the season is already here, looking forward to it and its an added bonus for me without doubt that the championship has been settled means theres no real pressure and I can relax and hopefully enjoy the night.

However there is still the important matter of the teams championship to be decided and after seeing the stewards decision made earlier tonight, when the results get updated things are going to be even closer then we first thought heading into the final round.

If my maths is correct then just 28 points will cover 4 teams and only 11 points the top 3, which at this stage of the season I don't think something like that has ever happened before, in past seasons we've been lucky if there was 2 teams close enough heading into the final round to make a battle of it (think only twice that's happened) but to have 4 in with a shout is incredible.

Just to go in depth for those interested the standing are:
In 1st on 260pts (after stewards pens are applied) is the Mercedes guys of Delaney & Ash
In 2nd on 250pts (after stewards pens are applied) is the Lexus duo of Bankai & Lee
3rd on 249pts is myself in the Citroen
and 4th on 232pts is the Jaguar pair of Bl99dy & Jutngo

Now my perspective just before the start of the season obviously my only main target was to challenge and try win the drivers championship and the teams wasn't even on my radar, I mean sure it was fun to be leading it after round 6 and to be this close with a round to go is a bonus but I certainly ain't expecting to be able to overhaul Ash & Delaney by 11pts.
Especially with the form Ash has been in since the start of the 2nd half of the season - only driver to finish on the podium every race and scored 104pts since then, thats only 18pts less then what I scored in that period.

Either way for me I feel theres no pressure, expectation or realistic chance to be able to win the teams championship as well, so barring a lot of luck I'll likely be an interested onlooker in the sprint race with the teams championship on the line on Thursday night.

As for the other teams well obviously the pressure and expectation has to be on @Ashracer2011 & @Delaney, there looking for a record breaking 4th title between them and also a unprecedented 3 in a row, so with those kind of records up for grabs there has to be some kind of pressure on them come Thursday night.;)

With the Lexus duo of @Bankai_Bullett & @leedamastr, they been under the radar for this and have efficiently gone about there business to be right in the hunt when it really matters, if they get both get good feature race results (top 6) then they'll at least have a solid chance come the sprint.

The Jaguar pair of @BL99DY-NINE & @jutngo, well there looking for there 2nd teams title but I suspect they know its a big ask just because of the points gap to the leaders, doesn't matter how you dress it up but 28pts is a pretty big gap to make up in just 1 round, they'll need a great feature and sprint to have a shot yet as the underdogs on the night they'll have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Lastly my assessment on the chances of each team coming out on top at the end of Thursday night:
Ash & Delaney 60%
Bankai & Lee 30%
Myself 5%
Bl99dy & Jutngo 5%

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll do my race report probably over the weekend, but as the season is now over just wanted to thank the co-ords for there organisation of the league as always and also to thank the other drivers who took part.

Anyway looking ahead towards whenever a Season 2 of CC happens, obviously I imagine a big topic of discussion will be banning the Citroen and maybe other cars as well, now I don't have an issue with it and understand if it needs to be done but questions and issues I would raise is even if the co-ords start banning cars just how far do you go?

The thing is depending how many are banned the co-ords would have to up the limit on the amount of times a constructor can be picked. (you can't keep it at just 2 drivers)
Plus the trouble is also theres what 25 'constructors', even if you ban the Citroen, or 5 constructors or 10 etc I guarantee you there will always be one constructor, that will be in general slightly better then the rest that will come to light during the season.
(And to take even the Gr.2 category wheres theres just 3 cars to pick from (in there respective super gt periods), there generally is one car that's slightly better then others.)

So the way I see it, is the co-ords have a nigh-on impossible task in trying to find the right balance in a future CC season.

As for whats next I know theres a fair bit uncertain currently, it seems the Copen series clearly isn't what the majority want to do next and I can understand that, its a niche series without doubt and while the car is a bit small it has been called an 'egg-box' by some lol, it would have provided good close racing but I guess putting it on the back burner for now has to be done for the greater good.

Lastly not to long ago I finished watching Jack's stream and one thing I would like to clear up is that I don't have or use a keyboard for typing, I know that may surprise you @HRacingGreen but I really am typing using a controller, I guess I'm so accustomed to it its second nature to me these days, though it doesn't feel like to me I'm messaging quick at the time.:LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'll do my race report probably over the weekend, but as the season is now over just wanted to thank the co-ords for there organisation of the league as always and also to thank the other drivers who took part.

Anyway looking ahead towards whenever a Season 2 of CC happens, obviously I imagine a big topic of discussion will be banning the Citroen and maybe other cars as well, now I don't have an issue with it and understand if it needs to be done but questions and issues I would raise is even if the co-ords start banning cars just how far do you go?

The thing is depending how many are banned the co-ords would have to up the limit on the amount of times a constructor can be picked. (you can't keep it at just 2 drivers)
Plus the trouble is also theres what 25 'constructors', even if you ban the Citroen, or 5 constructors or 10 etc I guarantee you there will always be one constructor, that will be in general slightly better then the rest that will come to light during the season.
(And to take even the Gr.2 category wheres theres just 3 cars to pick from (in there respective super gt periods), there generally is one car that's slightly better then others.)

So the way I see it, is the co-ords have a nigh-on impossible task in trying to find the right balance in a future CC season.

As for whats next I know theres a fair bit uncertain currently, it seems the Copen series clearly isn't what the majority want to do next and I can understand that, its a niche series without doubt and while the car is a bit small it has been called an 'egg-box' by some lol, it would have provided good close racing but I guess putting it on the back burner for now has to be done for the greater good.

Lastly not to long ago I finished watching Jack's stream and one thing I would like to clear up is that I don't have or use a keyboard for typing, I know that may surprise you @HRacingGreen but I really am typing using a controller, I guess I'm so accustomed to it its second nature to me these days, though it doesn't feel like to me I'm messaging quick at the time.:LOL:
I know, I know, I know!!!! It’s starting to get a habit of mine, but I once again agree with Wobbie on nearly everything he write. It’s scary, isn’t it? Well not the keyboard/controller thingy obviously - there is Really not much to agree upon.

I’ll get the final results and Standing done this morning some time.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings updated (temp. for now) Results and Standings

BUT nothing can change that WE HAVE A WINNER!!

The individual Title in the Constructors Challenge #1 2020

With 286 points
Congratulations to Ragna @Wobbuffet Kagari on his dominant 1st place
and also congratulations to
2nd with 231 points @HRacingGreen
and 3rd with 191 points @Ashracer2011

And the Constructors Trophy #1 goes to:
AMG Mercedes - BAD BOY Racing and @Ashracer2011 and @Delaney (RoninGT-Delaney)

Driver Ratings has also been updated

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Ugh... fucked so hard over the drop rounds.

That needs to be fixed for next time.
So You would rather have all rounds counting, including Your 9/13th in Your drop round? That would mean, that if You had to miss out on fx. Rd.1, Your whole season would be f*****! Surely You don't mean that?

Status
Not open for further replies.