PS4 - AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - SIGN UP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL S11 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #1 - SIGN UP

Caaalyy

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2020
Teammates will be split up into the appropriate race room based on their TT but will both work towards points for their constructor
Is that fair? Offcourse each lobby will be competitive, but for example, if I won’t improve my TT and I’ll get in the 2nd split, it could be way more beneficial for me, so I willget more points, than I will get in the 1st split, when I improve. How does that work?

Wouldn’t it be more fair and still competitive if the fastest gets in split 1, 2nd fastest in split 2, 3th in split 1 and 4th in split 2 etc. I was just wondering.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Teammates will be split up into the appropriate race room based on their TT but will both work towards points for their constructor
Well split on their DR, but anyway. I’ll share it maybe allready today

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Is that fair? Offcourse each lobby will be competitive, but for example, if I won’t improve my TT and I’ll get in the 2nd split, it could be way more beneficial for me, so I willget more points, than I will get in the 1st split, when I improve. How does that work?

Wouldn’t it be more fair and still competitive if the fastest gets in split 1, 2nd fastest in split 2, 3th in split 1 and 4th in split 2 etc. I was just wondering.
We are doing it this way for people with same skill level to get to race each other. But if You look at the points, there’s an overlap between bottom of tier one and top of tier 2. Racers will also get promoted/relegated accordingly.

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah the F1 leagues are a bit ott these days in my opinion, theres nothing wrong with the leagues as there well run generally, but my god the F1 cars in the current game have sucked the fun out of it, definitely feels more of a multi-tasking exercise then anything else.
I personally had a goal of going to F1 esports but this game has been so bad that I left after just one season on the new game.On F1 2018 I had jumped from the worst drivers in open lobbies to a contender in F5 within just one and a half seasons.On F1 2019,I have done 500 hours already but I feel like I made 0 improvements other than get back to the same pace without RL.There were random guys that I've never heard of coming in and winning races and also the game became more about exploiting limits and doing unrealistic stuff to win.At the end of the season I was so miserable that I didn't want to touch that game again.Not to mention that AOR races were attended by 10 people in splits,with half the people being no-shows.Now,99% of the people that raced 2 seasons ago are gone and their new season sign-ups are dead.Tbh this is none of AOR's fault,the game just SUCKS!!!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I personally had a goal of going to F1 esports but this game has been so bad that I left after just one season on the new game.On F1 2018 I had jumped from the worst drivers in open lobbies to a contender in F5 within just one and a half seasons.On F1 2019,I have done 500 hours already but I feel like I made 0 improvements other than get back to the same pace without RL.There were random guys that I've never heard of coming in and winning races and also the game became more about exploiting limits and doing unrealistic stuff to win.At the end of the season I was so miserable that I didn't want to touch that game again.Not to mention that AOR races were attended by 10 people in splits,with half the people being no-shows.Now,99% of the people that raced 2 seasons ago are gone and their new season sign-ups are dead.Tbh this is none of AOR's fault,the game just SUCKS!!!
The thing is some of the other cars in the game offer a different/fun challenge and aren't a grind, the F2 cars for example I felt were a definite plus to the game and after driving the F2 cars, I honestly believe they can provide good racing and a better racing & league experience overall.

I tried to setup a F2 league on sundays as a different/alternative option for those that still wanted to race as I thought there would be a fair few people potentially interested - instead of another F1 season driving these F1 cars. But it ain't going to happen as it seems that those people are so unhappy with the game itself they couldn't bear the thought of still racing and just wanted to avoid a 2nd season of league racing on this game in any way shape or form.:LOL:

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
The thing is some of the other cars in the game offer a different/fun challenge and aren't a grind, the F2 cars for example I felt were a definite plus to the game and after driving the F2 cars, I honestly believe they can provide good racing and a better racing & league experience overall.

I tried to setup a F2 league on sundays as a different/alternative option for those that still wanted to race as I thought there would be a fair few people potentially interested - instead of another F1 season driving these F1 cars. But it ain't going to happen as it seems that those people are so unhappy with the game itself they couldn't bear the thought of still racing and just wanted to avoid a 2nd season of league racing on this game in any way shape or form.:LOL:
Yeah,the 2019 cars were probably the reason why the game was trash.In the classic cars for example,I mamaged to get a podium against esports drivers at spa in the CCC so who knows.But I dont blame the people for trying to escape f1 though

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
If it's not too late I would like to sign up. I have raced here for one season in GT Sport before (super formulas) and on-off in F1. TT time will be uploaded hopefully by tonight, car selection in due course.
  • Can you race regularly on Thursday nights? [yes, though can drop to reserve for now if struggling for numbers for 2 lobbies]
  • Do you understand and accept the league's rules and regulations? [yes]
  • Have You done the Time Trial? [Will be done later today/tomorrow at latest]
  • Gamertag: [X_L33TH3R34P3R_X]
  • Nationality: [British]
  • Pingtest Result: [See Below, normally hovers around 18-21 DL, 5 UP, 20-30 ping. Could be slightly higher on WiFi, though nowhere near 150ms]

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
If it's not too late I would like to sign up. I have raced here for one season in GT Sport before (super formulas) and on-off in F1. TT time will be uploaded hopefully by tonight, car selection in due course.
  • Can you race regularly on Thursday nights? [yes, though can drop to reserve for now if struggling for numbers for 2 lobbies]
  • Do you understand and accept the league's rules and regulations? [yes]
  • Have You done the Time Trial? [Will be done later today/tomorrow at latest]
  • Gamertag: [X_L33TH3R34P3R_X]
  • Nationality: [British]
  • Pingtest Result: [See Below, normally hovers around 18-21 DL, 5 UP, 20-30 ping. Could be slightly higher on WiFi, though nowhere near 150ms]

Nice to see you back Lee

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hi mate and welcome back

Unless We get another sign-up before tomorrow evening You will have to be 3rd reserve for this, but We'll see, We still hope to have more people coming in (Right @Hasnain).

Please have the TT done by Wednesday, as We are pressed for time come Thursday

And then pic a team and a livery

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi mate and welcome back

Unless We get another sign-up before tomorrow evening You will have to be 3rd reserve for this, but We'll see, We still hope to have more people coming in (Right @Hasnain).

Please have the TT done by Wednesday, as We are pressed for time come Thursday

And then pic a team and a livery
Reserve is the role I'm hoping for really so no big deal. just did TT and I'll sort cars in a second.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
We still hope to have more people coming in (Right @Hasnain).
Maybe

Put me down as reserve please
  • Can you race regularly on Thursday nights? Yes
  • Do you understand and accept the league's rules and regulations? Yes
  • Have You done the Time Trial? Yes
  • Gamertag: Hasnain282
  • Nationality: British
  • Pingtest Result: 17ms
1582651518056.png

I'd say stick with 1 room for now still unless we get a couple more people in

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
We’ll see. There’s still some uncertainty on this Don fella, as he hasn’t chosen a car yet.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'd say stick with 1 room for now still unless we get a couple more people in
We’ll see. There’s still some uncertainty on this Don fella, as he hasn’t chosen a car yet.
In a perfect world we would have 2 rooms Delaney, but looking currently at the facts - HRG & Hasnain have signed up as 'reserves' then we have Don who hasn't been back to the site in a week and add in the TT where 2 other people have still yet to post a time.

The way things are, 2 rooms should happen if one of these things happen by the end of tomorrow night:
Don chooses car, HRG & Hasnain choose to become full time drivers
or
Don chooses car & 2 more sign ups

If Don still is a no show here and we still have either HRG & Hasnain wanting to be reserves, then it surely has to be one room. (as that would be 17 full time and 2 reserves)

Also I will add if we do start the season with one room then it surely would be best for it to stay fixed to that for the whole season, as it would make life a lot simpler for everyone involved. (points system, no promotion/demotion etc)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I don’t disagree mate. I’ll just not call it before it’s time. An on Your other point, I can say We might merge, but We’ll never split the field, on exactly the reasons You mention.

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet