PS4 AOR GTSL S13 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #2 - End of Season Review

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Just some questions about the season, you're free to put in as much detail as you like in your answers.

1. How do you rate your performance this season?
2. At which Round do you feel you had your best performance?
3. At which Round do you feel you had your worst performance?
4. Which driver(s) impressed you the most this season?
5. Which driver(s) did you expect more from this season?
6. How do you feel about your car choice this season?

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford

Honestly? Probably the best season I've ever had in league racing. Extremely comparable to my Project Cars championship win, however I was under a lot of pressure and performed when I needed to instead of being favourite and winning from the front every week.

If I were to get everything absolutely perfect this season, I may have won the title, but that's nigh on impossible to do and I'm not going to get myself down over one mistake and a few missed opportunities.

If someone told me that I'd be P2 in the championship this season, I'd have taken it any day of the week. Obviously my consistency is what got me there and I really don't believe I was the 2nd best this season, but I definitely exceeded my and probably everyone elses expectations of what I could do in that feisty Hyundai.

I'd give myself a 9/10.

Blue Moon. The car was utter shite there. I was fully expecting it to be a p4/5 job, but somehow, probably by being lucky with me and Stevo working together and taking it at the end, I got a double P2. Bare in mind, I had went out the night before, got quite (read very) drunk with colleagues before they went off to uni and I had about 3 hours sleep and was very unfocused.

In terms of one race, I'd probably have to say either Nurburgring Feature or Dragon Trail Sprint. Nurburgring I had a massive fuel disadvantage, and on the alternative strategy and somehow I held on to P3 in the most unlikely way. Obviously, in a similar manner, I won the Dragon Trail race under intense pressure.

Saint Croix. I'll be honest, i was burned out before it, I was disappointed the the Hyundai couldn't do S1 at all and although it wasn't my worst result in terms of points, my driving there simply wasn't good enough for my own standards and I should have got more out of it.

In terms of single races. Autopolis Sprint is the obvious choice, my one big mistake of the season, still kicking myself that I did it, and again, I should have been better. I'll learn from both of them though.

@HRacingGreen - Total dominance in terms of speed, always favourite and generally won everything he could. A few slip ups but still performed.

@SolidNinjaSnake - Incredible consistency, extremely fair, and always there to take advantage. If you were on manual, I'm certain you'd be fighting for titles. I'd probably argue a high midfield version of myself.

@Wedgybo - Qualifying pace is great, maybe lacks a bit in the race, but the pace is there despite being relatively new. Definitely one to watch in the coming seasons.

I'm gonna sound super harsh here, please don't be offended by anything I say!

@Wobbuffet - Obviously a top driver, very clear pace and very clever racing brain, however things didn't go his way this season. I'd imagine he'll be disappointed himself, but while a solid 5th/6th place driver every week, I would have expected more podiums/wins from a 4x champion.

There's no lying, the car was dog ****. **** on fuel, **** on tyres, **** at cornering, **** just about everywhere, especially the Gr3 car.
However, saying that, I grew attached to it, like a Minardi of F1, like a teddy bear that you've had for years and can't throw away. It did suit my driving style a lot, I do like understeer and I do like rear end stability, but the lack of pace in it was disappointing.
It's one of them cars that I would enjoy throwing it around a track if nobody else was there or was a one make series, but when there's other (better) cars on track, there's not many positives.
I would not recommend it to anyone honestly, it's just a poor mans Corvette/Dodge.

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
9/10. Probably my best league racing season ever, even better than my GP2 season I think. 7 wins, 9 podiums, 6 poles, and however many FLs. Not bad. Had a couple of races where I didn't extract the maximum and fell short, those being Autopolis and St Croix, but overall I feel like I made the most of every chance I had to win.
Brands Hatch I think. I just felt so good there, took the double including maximum points with both fastest laps, never felt under threat and generally just had a blast the whole time. It was the perfect start to the season.
No prizes for guessing. Autopolis - obviously. It was so bad I was convinced it had killed off my championship hopes. Screwed up qualifying, the car just felt awful and I couldn't make it work at all, and subsequently messed up the strategy in both races and topped it off with a crash into the pitwall. I lost my head entirely that week.
@SolidNinjaSnake - I was consistently shocked by SNS' pace this season, killer consistency and well within the battles for the podium on many occasions. We saw his pace last season in glimpses, but never to its full extent, but this season was a different story.
@Browneskiii - I knew he was good anyway, but to pick Hyundai and come straight out the blocks right at the front like nothing changed in 12 seasons was really something. And from then on he just got better. I'm not afraid to admit that if he were in a different car, I don't think I'd have had even half the success I did.
Like Browne said, not gonna be harsh or hurtful, just honest.
@Wobbuffet - After S11 and 12, i really expected to be going toe-to-toe with Wobbie again this season, but it wasn't to be. The Toyota didn't turn out as well as he hoped I'm sure, as well as taking on the role of incident magnet in Sprint Races, and it led to a huge disparity to what i know he can do. These issues, coupled with the competitive additions to the grid, also led to mistakes being exacerbated as there were always 4 or 5 drivers ready to pounce. However, not a season to be ashamed of by any means.
@Hasnain - Again, knowing his pace from S11 and 12 I did expect to be seeing Hasnain at the front a lot more than we did. the Subaru was certainly a bold choice and I think at times the Gr.4 let him down, as well as perhaps not getting quite as to grips with the strategic elements of the season as well as others (Lots of 2 stops when others did 1). But again, not a season to be ashamed of at all.
Well...

In all honesty, I do have mixed feelings about the Audis. When either car worked, they were phenomenal (see Brands, BMB, Nurburgring and Catalunya) and they were both certainly fantastic over one lap. However, when they didn't work, it was a hopeless uphill battle (Autopolis, Red Bull Ring, St Croix).

R8 - It's fantastic on fresh tyres, and the fuel economy *can* be really good, but you have to sacrifice all your straightline speed to be able to shortshift to get this economy. The rear tyre wear was diabolical, and forced me into compromised strategy at St Croix and always cost me in the Sprint Races and generally felt awful. Having the backend come round all the time got bery tiresome and is very difficult to get used to. However, when it worked, it felt amazing and more often than not I could tame the unpredictable nature of the braking and mid-corner handling to enough of an extent. I liked it, but I don't think I'd pick it again, there are other MR cars that offer lots of the benefits, without the instability issues.

TT - Yes, alright, its very very fast. Like, really fast, especially in qualifying trim. It also feels like utter shite. The straightline speed was immensely useful, as was the excellent fuel economy that could be achieved fairly comfortably. However, it took me until the final round in it to work out how best to drive it, and that showed. The starts were abysmal, it just doesn't move, and the low-speed acceleration and maneuverability is worse than some mountains. Front tyre wear was a huge issue as well. You got one, 2 if you were good, lap out of a set of hard tyres. HARDS. And at slow-speed, twisty tracks like Autopolis, it was absolutely unbearable. Tracks with high speed corners/sections? Pretty good. Except at Red Bull Ring, where those sweeping corners just minced the tyres, and while the S/L speed made up some of it, through the turns it was hopeless. the understeer on power (primarily caused by the binary-operated turbo that came in at 60% throttle to throw you at the outside wall as well as PD's AWFUL default setp/BoP with renders FF cars potatoes in the corners, and rocketships on the straights). In general, it was very fast, but it was awful to drive and I would genuinely challenge anyone to try and drive it for a full length race distance ( I know plenty of people do 1-5 laps in it and go "WOW! THIS IS SO FAST"), because I genuinely don't believe anyone would have got much more out of it.

Overall, i did alright with my car choice. I think while they were probably the fastest on pure pace I do think they had their own fair share of problems to contend with that made them balanced enough and still required plenty of firm persuasion from myself.

Last edited:

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland

Pretty poorly. After being pretty solid in the midfield last season I thought I was starting to improve my race pace. With an average finishing place of 10th (Or lower gut feeling here) I was lower than my expectations and was hoping to be fighting for best of the rest at least. A much more competitive field plus my work life balance at the moment means I've not put in anywhere near the level of practise needed to improve against the high bar that's set here. One saving grace is that even with the pressure of one lap qualifying, I feel I've over performed in that compared to my race pace when I've not completely fluffed my lap. Just need to learn how to stop going backwards in the race and put in the effort to understand strategies better. If someone could teach me that would be great. :LOL:

With the win on the last race of the season you would probably have to say Barcelona. I was not confident at all coming into it. Little practice and being exhausted I wasn't expecting much from this race at all if I'm honest. But qualifying went much better than expected and my starts were pretty top notch on all three of the feature starts. Not that I'd have held on to it for long but I was gutted my start into 3rd was red flagged. Poor strategy choice to stay on the 1 stop left me like a sitting duck towards the end so my feature result was poor compared to my starting position and is the main negative from this round. The win in the sprint made up for it though. First one that kinda feels like I deserve it as my starting position was a reflection of my performance through out the season. A quick and clean double overtake on Jack and Delaney on L1 T4 allowed me to make a bit of gap during the race to fend of pressure from Bankii meant that my lacklustre performance this season at least ended on a high.

There were a few where I came away disappointed if I'm honest. Red Bull Ring was a close 2nd as it's a track I really enjoy and I should have qualified much higher but I got a penalty on the last corner then pushed off in the race so the result actually wasn't that bad in the end. But...

St Cruix. Messed up my qualifying and then struggled to make any progress through the field when I should have just sat and played the longer game instead I haemorrhaged positions towards the end. Learnt than lesson and switched it about for blue moon where I also had a poor qualifying but at least I could attack at the end.

@HRacingGreen - On point and in a league of your own again in most races. Not much more to be said tbh.

@Browneskiii - To be pushing Harry to the end is mighty impressive considering the car choice and being on the podium at every location is awesome consistency.

@leedamastr - Considering how you started the season you pulled out some blinder of results towards the end in a car you really weren't happy with from what it sounded like on the chat.

@Wobbuffet - Same as the others. Don't like singling folk out on what is just a game at the end of the day but I was shocked you weren't on the podium as much as I'd come to expect. Anecdotally it feels like the new quali format has hit you hard but if feels like you've normally moved up quite a lot in the race. Tbh I was just happy to have some battles with you this season instead of watching you drive off into the sunset like usual :LOL: which is I guess why you're on this list.

@Wedgybo - Bit wanky putting myself on here, but I really did think I would have finished higher than I did. I was hoping to be in the top half at least. Didn't capitalise on my ever slipping (improving) grid position in the sprints and kept going backwards in the feature whenever I had a good qualifying.

Was really happy with the car choice. It feels like a really good all rounder over both cars. Much easier to drive than the NSX last CC so it stayed on track a lot more than the previous championship. I'm sure most people here could get more out of the cars than I did but it was an enjoyable season racing them.

All in I've had a great time again this season. It's been a much needed distraction from work. Been a pleasure racing with you all this season and I'm looking forward to the next. Thanks again to the coords for putting in the effort to manage it all. Greatly appreciated!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

If I was basing it on my results over the whole season then: 1/10
But factoring in the pace I had at most tracks and the amount of hard fighting/battling I've had to do: 5/10

For me I've always considered the feature races to be my bread & butter and to have just 1 podium in feature races is appalling by my standards, but the reality is the competition has been quality & fierce up top this season and when the car has been capable of legitimately challenging for podiums and wins, normally a combo of bad qualy & automatic guaranteed slow starts just gave me too much of a mountain to climb.

And the thing is though from round 3 to 8 in feature races I'm pretty sure no one has had to pass as many people as me in all the feature races combined:
R3 after L1 T2 I went from 15th to 5th
R4 I started 13th and finished 3rd
R5 after L1 T1 was 13th got upto 7th
R6 dropped to 10th after the start got upto 4th before eventually finishing 5th
R7 dropped to 14th after the start finished 5th
R8 dropped to 9th after start got upto 5th before eventually finishing 7th
(Pretty sure I passed at least 40 drivers combined over those 6 races lol)

So when I look at that its no surprise that I've not got the feature results I feel I should've this season, 3 of the rounds Nurburging, Autopolis & Barcelona the car just wasn't suited there at all and felt my hands were tied, though strangely I pretty much weren't far from achieving the maximum in all the feature races in those rounds.

But I know I did have the pace to finish on the podium at Brands (R1) & DTS (R6) however at RBR, St Croix & BMB Infield I had the pace be able to challenge for the win.
With the exception of Brands (which was my fault for not doing the homework properly on my car) it was just lack of track position that took me out of the equation most the time.

As for the sprint races well they were a clear case of not having much go my way, only 2 of the 8 did I have trouble & incident free races in them this season, 2 more R3 & R8 were a case of just poor strategy on my part but the other 4,
R2 knocked of the track but still finished 6th would have had at least a podium in that race
R4 had the unfortunate lag incident with HRG, when I was in a fantastic position at the time and again at least a podium was there but had to quit so scored 0
R6 got caught out by Jutngo and was waiting for him, would've been costly but not a total disaster however got spun around because I didn't wait in the right place still scored a FL point
R7 got hit when in a very good position early on and could only salvage the FL point as a result

So with those 4 races above the amount of points I've missed out on has to be at least 25-30, though it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference to the final standings for me.

But looking at everything combined I definitely feel I should have had at least double the amount of podiums this season.

Pretty crazy to think but it was probably Autopolis, I didn't put a foot wrong all round I did the best I realistically could in the feature, but to win the sprint race there was nothing short of me pulling a rabbit out the hat to be frank (granted helped by MMM's dsc).

As out of all the gr.4 rounds this was the worst one for my car with power and straight line speed being more important then you would think at Autopolis short and as a result I was only 6th fastest overall, yet from 10th I somehow found a way to get to the front despite how hard it was to get close to those ahead because of dirty air, and then with the oldest tyres of the front guys at the end I was flawless in my defence to keep top spot, so of course I felt extremely satisfied afterwards.

While it would be simple to go - final round Barca, (its a good job I wasn't involved in the championship hunt going into this round because I would've been livid with how the car behaved around there, it just gave me no real chance and really made life difficult to find any good pace there.)

However If I'm truly honest Brands Hatch, I didn't learn enough about my car and found out the hard way that I dismissed fuel economy way to easily, then at the end of the feature race I turned a easy 5th into a foolish 8th, though I still blame getting the pit entry wrong as a major factor on why that played out.
And with the sprint again made the wrong move on strategy and missed out on at least being able to fight for the win, so yeah I made a few easily avoidable mistakes that round and that's why its my worst performance.

Has to be Browneskiii, drove the equivalent of 2 donkeys through the season and was able to put together a championship challenge it was a great effort by him.

And of course the other has to be the champion HRG, great qualy performances every round, and in general he maximised the car combo he had most rounds. (the only side note being I was genuinely surprised he didn't win the RBR feature race)

Wobb..(to obvious to pick myself)

If not me then it would probably have to say Wedgy, though his win in the last race of the season does continue to prove that he has the ability to get good results, its a better consistency in results that has to be his main focus next season.

I think this is the most apt visual metaphor to describe it:

0:00 - 0:05 looking at my choices pre-season (imagine the chalices as logos of all the car 'constructors')
0:27 - 0:35 The shine of Toyota catches my eye
0:42 - 0:44 HRG watching on
0:46 - 1:12 I make the commitment to Toyota for the season
1:27 - 1:33 realisation something might be off
1:36 How I felt after round 2
1:41 - 1:55 As the rounds and races went by
1:57 - 2:00 me at the end of the season
2:09 - 2:12 (No sh*t Sherlock)

Meanwhile as HRG choses Audi:

Being serious though, at times the Toyota was competitive but with the Gr.3 Toyota (where I went down the road less travelled with the FT1 instead of the Supra) it is pretty obvious now that the FT1 was better suited to high speed free flowing circuits like St Croix & DTS but with the other 2 with Nurburgring & Barcelona which have a lot of twisty sections with tight corners/turns and were more technical, the weaknesses of the FT1 became very apparent there.

As for the Gr.4 & the 86 fundamentally its a solid all round car in a lot of areas, but out of all the constructors chosen not only did it have one of the worst getaways but it had the lowest straight line speed & accel overall, so even on the rounds that I had the pace to be a threat, that combo mentioned before just made things to difficult to overcome normally.

Bonus/7. Expectations of others on myself:

Honestly guys @Browneskiii @HRacingGreen & @Wedgybo you need not worry about singling me out as ultimately I'm my own biggest critic at the end of the day and I don't sugar coat things, I do understand your view of this season of me, though without doubt HRG I disagree about you saying not a season to be ashamed of, sure I'm not ashamed shall I say but its fallen well short of what I expect to be able to achieve and finishing 6th overall has to go down as an extremely poor season for me, and after round 3 I felt this season was already a write off.

Now I know that probably won't come across well (as I know some people here would be happy to finish top 6 overall and get a win and few podiums in a season) but the reality is thats the trouble when you achieve the kind of continuous success/results I've had in recent seasons past, it not only raises the bar for yourself moving forwards but your own personal expectations as well.

I can admit I'm the type of driver that needs the car to suit my driving style more then the case of me adapting to what the car is only offering, sure I can learn to make a few minor tweaks here or there but I'm pretty set in my ways, I don't think that makes me an average driver but when it comes to racing drivers we're all different and there are many ways to skin a cat as they say, and for me I become a very good fast driver when its a case that a car suits me fully (Mazda TC, Super Formula, Citroen), then generally anyone who's towards the front will be in trouble and have to deal with me if they want to win races and I fully believe that to be true.

I mean it was only 5/6 months ago where I went head to head against HRG and won S11, and in the end convincingly that season (results wise) and it was as close realistically to a perfect season, I maximised what the car offered, executed races & performed every week, plus I didn't really make any big mistakes (did make a couple minor ones) and I was left thinking afterwards 'just how can I build and improve on that? I just a mere mortal, not an alien!' lol

And the simple answer to that question is I couldn't/can't, but because I've become so accustomed to that level of success (and in turn other naturally expect to see it from you as well), then if your not achieving it then it sets you up for a big fall in the future.

The thing was though back after S11 that was my 4th championship in 5 seasons (but it was 4 in a row for me as I gave S9 a miss to take a break) and after the battle I had with HRG that season and the level I had to go to to win it, I can tell you first hand it does take it out of you and that's what I will say to everyone it never easy to win a championship at this level let alone maintain that kind of consistency season after season.

However after S11 I didn't take my standard break (normally here I race 2 seasons in a row then miss the next to take a break), but whilst I'm not laying blame for not taking a break from league racing recently, I can say after doing my 4th season in a row now, that I was already looking forward to the end of this season before round 7, so yeah hopefully I'll be able to recharge my batteries a fair bit over the next couple weeks.

Because looking forward, I do hope to prove that there is still life in this old dog yet while funnily enough driving an old car next season.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
I feel I fared better than CC#1 despite the lower finishing spot in the standings. With the overall upgrade in driver talent this season I knew it would a tall ask to just tread water. Also, in CC#1 I was dealing with a dying controller for most of the season which made it difficult to get comfortable w/ the Jaguar. Regardless, there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Despite finishing P7, Nürburging GP. In fact I remember thinking I've never been happier with a P7 finish than I was in the moments directly following the feature race.

Catalunya… it's almost always a bogey track for me (except in the Super Formula) and it proved no different this time around. Everything that could go wrong for me, went wrong. Binned it on my out lap in qualy, DSC'd before the lobby went kaput, wound up involved in chicane shenanigans in both feature & sprint races… bad things happened

@Jamie9000000 , @mikmakmok , @Wedgybo I had some awesome battles with these guys in the midfield, and I hope there are more to come in the following seasons (y)

@Wobbuffet not entirely because of his uncharacteristic dip in the standings but more to do with the Gr. 4 Toyota getting hit with the nerf club just before the season began. Just plain bad luck that.

I was much happier with the 'Vette v. the Jag. I just wish the Gr. 3 was a little better in handling department, but on the whole it's a solid choice.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
4/10
I know I'm not a quick racer but this season I was slow even for me. I had moments of progression but they were few and far between.

Autopolis in the sprint race. I feel that was probably my best shot at a decent result in the midfield.

Sainte-Croix. I hate the exit from that bridge.

@HRacingGreen - Two in a row. I expected there to be a closer fight up front but Harry kept in control throughout the season.
@LJM_Stevo @Browneskiii @Hasnain and @SolidNinjaSnake for pushing Harry as hard as they could every chance they had and keeping the championship alive to the final round.

@Wobbuffet - Echoing what @Browneskiii said, not only a quick driver but a smart one too.
@GKRT_PinkiiBoii yeah didn't wanna put myself here but its true. There's been a few times I've punched my wheel in frustration this season I was expecting to be not last at the end but would of accepted it had I been closer to the pack.

I enjoyed the cars I picked. They didn't suit my driving style but I enjoyed the challenge of adapting and trying to keep up while out of my comfort zone with the driving style.
On to next season and hopefully start closing the gap to the midfield again.

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015

I feel my performance was my best yet in the GT Sport leagues. I had shown glimpses of speed and consistency in Super Formulas, CC #1 and the BMW VGT Series, but after round 1 (more on that later) I felt I was able to kick on and produce the goods to be best of the rest in the standings (outside of the top 6 I mean) even when I felt I had an inferior package at some tracks.

I'm going to list two here as I felt I had a great overall performance at St. Croix, but at Autopolis the feature race was also very impressive. Round 4 at St. Croix was my best performance I felt, as I was able to keep good pace all race and even split the Subarus and gap @Hasnain while doing so. The following sprint race was a win on the road, but a correctly applied post-race penalty did not reflect on the overall performance in that race, where I had to fight my way to the front and had some great battles while doing so, shame it ended the way it did. At Autopolis, I qualified 3rd in the vastly inferior 4C Gr. 4 and came 6th about 13 seconds behind the leader, having to hold off much faster cars on the straights almost every lap while doing so.

Dragon Trail feature where I came back from virtually last to 6th and similar in Blue Moon Bay feature to 7th are the other contenders, with Nurburgring Sprint where I also fell short of a win, but I feel those races showed where I could really fling the GT3 car around despite the small horsepower deficit, as well as the GT4 car where I had tamed the rear for once and relied on the OP cornering speed to break the slipstream while also having great consistency to have my smallest gap to the leaders in the feature race all season.

Brands Hatch, not much needs to be said on this one. 10th in the feature race despite a no stop for fuel, only a tyre stop. An earlier spin cost me a couple of positions higher up as I was closing like crazy on fresh tyres and a much lighter car. When you're also beaten in the sprint race by the slowest driver (no offence @GKRT_PinkiiBoii) and stone dead last due to the rear tyres not surviving 3 laps before being forced to pit, it just caps off a miserable day at the races.

Red Bull Ring where my internet shot itself to pieces does not count as I technically did not start. If it wasn't for that, Brands Hatch would probably have been my drop round.

@HRacingGreen Imperious performance all season, quick as always and minimal damage limitation even when the car wasn't the best.

@Browneskiii 2nd in the championship in a "dog***" Hyundai package is very impressive. Sucks you only got one win, I agree with others you could have challenged a lot more in a different combination.

@SolidNinjaSnake For getting impressive results on automatic gears. If you were on manual you would be in a much better strategic position in races.

Special mention to the Nasa/SpaceX team for not coming last in the standings despite losing a driver after round 2 and sticking it out the whole season despite being at the back for most races.

@Bankai_Bullett I do feel this is a slightly harsh one, but given you had the pace and got 2 sprint wins, I was expecting more in the feature races. A couple of decisions post-races and missing the first 2 rounds also don't reflect the true gap in the standings.

@Delaney Without referencing specific races or incidents, it always seemed you were taken out somewhere early in the race or spun off of your own accord when in a respectable position. In a car you felt more comfortable with, I really thought we could have challenged higher up the teams standings!

@Wobbuffet Quick, smart driver but luck wasn't with him this season for whatever reasons. From a former champion I really did expect you to be around the top 3 come season end.

@Wedgybo It's clear you have the pace to be up there on your day, but a mix of internet issues and dying controllers along with incorrect strategy calls did cost you big time.

I will admit, a few days before the season began I had not considered the Alfa package too seriously because I was considering the VW's for a 1 driver entry (GR. 3 Beetle and something else), though when I saw the GR. 4 VW's were front wheel drive or not up to the task, I abandoned that idea and went for the vacant Alfa seat. Verdicts on the cars:

GR. 3 - It's lightweight and nimble vs most of the field that were racing, but down on power as a result. Still, I felt I had my better races in that car as the tyre wear was more evenly spread and the rear of the car was a lot more stable.

Gr. 4 - Again lightweight and nimble, but I swear there is no weight over that rear axle. the car just slides around like a dog wags it tail in the park waiting to chase a tennis ball... I had to set brake bias extremely to the front in some cases in order to feel comfortable with the car. Fuel economy was great though except for Blue Moon Bay (too much high speed mitigated the advantage a little)

Overall I feel I had more fun than expected in these cars, but I wouldn't touch the group 4 again in a heartbeat. It's rears cried wolf at the sight of a corner, the balance was all skewed and it had no straight line speed.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Could've... SHOULD HAVE... been better. In the features especially. I can only really put it down to lack of confidence in my cars most of the time, or a rubbish strategy call once or twice.

Well, St. Croix is where I was strongest, as the track/car combo seemed to suit my particular driving style quite nicely.

Dragon Trail, EASY. Not even gonna go into detail... I was trash.

Never not impressed with @HRacingGreen.

Other than him, @SolidNinjaSnake struck me as the most improved over last season. Just kept quiet and kept netting good results.

Apart from me?... @Delaney, @BL99DY-NINE and tbh, @GKRT_PinkiiBoii.

Felt Delaney and Bl99dy have the pace and talent to do better than what they actually did... and Jack just seemed to go massively backwards this season for some reason.

Well, given that I decided to stay on with Benetton Invicta, my car choice wasn't really mine. But, I still chose to stay knowing the cars, so there's that.

Basically, I like FR cars with big, obnoxious motors... I know how to drive them... and MR/FF cars REALLY aren't part of my wheelhouse.
I still don't understand how to adapt my driving style to them and because of that, I end up ear abusing my teammate over the mic because of rage.

So, while I'm stoked at having a win in both cars... I'll likely never drive a MR/FF car again.

Last edited:

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
Special mention to the Nasa/SpaceX team for not coming last in the standings despite losing a driver after round 2
Just spotted this bit @leedamastr due to me being last of the people/teams that finished the championship (Nicky did 5 rounds) I don't really count it, if it did I could say I beat @Hasnain in S11 - because he raced twice and I was in every round.
and sticking it out the whole season despite being at the back for most races.
Even if I'm at the back I like the challenge of pushing myself to be even closer, unfortunately it didn't pan out this season and instead went backwards but I gotta forget about that now and push on for S14

Reactions: Delaney

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
First of all, thanks for the kind comments! I question though about me improving from the previous season. Did I? Because I thought I felt about the same haha, but thanks!
I think the gear thing was mentioned the previous season too. I'm a bit sceptical but maybe it's worth me trying properly some time, unless it becomes mandatory one day anyway. In all honesty, I did give it a brief go at the Red Bull Ring before deciding to stick with automatic. So we'll see!

As said above, I felt like I was the same compared to the previous season. Like the previous season, I was lucky again to move up from reserve so first of all, thanks for that. The target for the Championship was to finish in the top 6 which I was able to do by finishing 5th. So I'd say it was a successful season.

That's a tough one... It might have actually been Catalunya you know, or at least between there and Autopolis. Red Bull Ring wasn't too bad either while I definitely think I should have gotten more from Sainte Croix too.

Easy. Blue Moon. As I said in my race report, don't ever make me race there again please haha! :LOL:

I mean... In a way I can't really say I was impressed as I was expecting it, but I guess @HRacingGreen for his, once again, domination. Just no stopping him! Actually I will say that his speed at Catalunya was impressive. That was absolutely ridiculous how much quicker he was than the rest of us haha.

Honourable mention to @Hasnain. It was impressive how he didn't get pissed off with me with the amount of questions I'd constantly bombard him with haha! :LOL::p

Tbh I could list quite a few people for various individual performances during the season!

Like others have said for basically the same reasons, but @Wobbuffet.
There's then been individual moments with a few drivers at certain tracks where I was expecting more from them. For a quick example, @BL99DY-NINE at Dragon Trail. I remember in practices he'd always beat me, so when it came to the race, I was fully expecting to be fighting him but then when it came down to it, nothing happened. Or at least not to the extent I was expecting it to be which was a bit of a shame.

Didn't get a single input for the car and so I got what I was given by @Hasnain haha. Could have done with a bit more straight line speed but overall, they weren't too bad. I enjoyed the GR4 car the most though. Brilliant launches off the line and was easy to handle. I remember the GR3 car initially was a pain when I first drove it for the Nurburgring, but over time it wasn't too bad once I got used to it and actually proved to be pretty good at later tracks.

7. Final Notes
I assume the Championship Standings are final by this point, so congrats to @HRacingGreen for the Drivers Championship, as well as for the Team Championship with @Bankai_Bullett! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed missing out on it again, especially this time being equal on points! However with that being said, I'd feel like there'd always be an asterisk alongside it whatever the outcome. For example, what if there wasn't the controversial reverse grid rule for reserves? What if Hasnain didn't miss one race? What if Bankai didn't miss the races at the beginning of the season? Regardless, it was extremely close given the circumstances for the season so congrats. =)

With that being said, this'll be the last season I do for the time being. A few reasons for that but the main one was really to try and get some extra time for myself as I could really do with it. I am still so incredibly tempted though haha, plus I would like to give the wet race that's a part of next seasons calendar a try to see how I'd get on. So maybe I could at least sign up as a reserve and just hope I get to do that one haha. It's safe to say though that whether I return for another GT Sport season or for the new Gran Turismo 7, I still have some unfinished business with that Team Championship! :p (I got no chance with the Drivers unless a bunch drop out haha.)
Until then, see you all again some time and good luck for the next and future seasons! (y)

• Friendly
Reactions: Wedgybo and Delaney

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
I'm a bit sceptical but maybe it's worth me trying properly some time, unless it becomes mandatory one day anyway
Just a quick aside for everyone: there is currently no way to ban automatic gears in the lobby settings and I'm not 100% sure if we would ban them even if we could, simply for the reason of accessibility to drivers of all skill levels and those with physical disabilities.

For a quick example, @BL99DY-NINE at Dragon Trail. I remember in practices he'd always beat me, so when it came to the race, I was fully expecting to be fighting him but then when it came down to it, nothing happened. Or at least not to the extent I was expecting it to be which was a bit of a shame.
The story of my sim-racing career: good in practice but, crap when it counts…

Jamie9000000

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2020
England

Honestly, I would rate my season at least 7/10. I set myself a target of the top 10 for this season, being my first in AOR and all. Ended up P9, so I was happy with that. My only set back was that my results were very up and down and some good results for me at the end of the season helped me get that P9. The fact that I only span the rear happy BMW during the races once through the whole season impressed me :p
It's hard to pick a single round for me, because I either had a good main and bad sprint, or the other way around. If anything, I'll have to go for Catalunya and the final round. Bar one spin, it was probably the best I've driven. Putting the car P3 on the grid in quali was a BIG surprise and held on to finish P6. Sprint race I had the pace for a podium, maybe even a win, but one mistake ruined that.
Results wise Red Bull Ring. Performance wise St Croix (or however you spell it) I came into the round with not much practice, and it showed. overly cautious in turn 1 meant losing positions, and couldn't overtake to save my life, always ended up making slight contact which meant having to back off.
@Browneskiii was very impressive this season, dragging that PoS Hyundai up to 2nd in the standings
And of course @HRacingGreen for basically dominating the standings :p
@GKRT_PinkiiBoii Sorry, let me explain this one haha. Being the first season of AOR, I wasn't really sure on what to expect from everyone, I genuinely thought he was one of the "top runners" But coming through the season i thought to myself "ah, I may have overhyped him" :p
Never using the BMW again haha, it's the most oversteery Gr3 car I've driven, it has little traction and easy to spin, as you all found out during all the practice sessions with me haha.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
I think I'm one of the last to comment here, so I'd better get to it.

Crap with shite on the top. 3/10 at most. I'm a fast SemiPRO and it's not going to change, I have reached my level. All season I was fighting to at least be within 2 seconds of Harry per lap in practice and I more or less managed that. So theoretically I should be able to keep up. But come FR at race day, I just f***** up. Sprint Race was an entirely different matte, I have lost count of how many times I was taken out at first lap. The incidents with @Wedgybo and @Bankai_Bullett has shown me, that I need to be more efficient at closing the door on those first couple of laps. And to top that, if others didn't take me out I managed that all on my own. I'm starting to think that I'm getting too old for this.

Well the numbers say Barcelona, but really I felt that Autopolis could have been my round, but I was taken out at the first corner of the SR, so that was a chance that didn't happen.

More or less the rest of them. I felt I had the pace to do better, but generally I just made too many mistakes this season.

1. @SolidNinjaSnake, as people already has stated, He has just been there all season with a really strong performance.
  2. @Browneskiii, for a stellar performance in this his comeback season
  3. @leedamastr, for getting much more out of this car than I'll ever be able to.

1. @Wobbuffet, Because I was surprised to find my self in front of him quite often, because he had had an off or general mishap
  2. @RoninGT-Delaney, well because I did a miserable job

I loved the car, but not it's lack of power, I didn't have the problems as Lee with over heating the tires, but that might have been because I wasn't fast enough. But every time I got on a straight I was bound to loose. Especially in the Gr.4. At BM it was so bad that if I wasn't right up the ass of the Vette's, Audi's, BMW's, Hyundai's I was sure to loose big time. I know it was fast in the corners, but it's hard to use that, if You are behind someone. It's not lacking a lot, but 10-15 bhp would make a huge difference.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
@GKRT_PinkiiBoii Sorry, let me explain this one haha. Being the first season of AOR, I wasn't really sure on what to expect from everyone, I genuinely thought he was one of the "top runners" But coming through the season i thought to myself "ah, I may have overhyped him" :p
I'm flattered you though I was a top runner. No idea where you got that idea though. :ROFLMAO:

• Winner
Reactions: Delaney

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
7/10 - Didn't expect much going into this season so to come away with a win and some podiums was nice, especially considering the grid was stronger than some of the previous seasons we had. My pace was a bit hit and miss in both cars so personally P4 overall isn't bad considering.
Nurburgring I guess, maybe if I did the sprint race it would've been Autopolis but my sprint race in that one wasn't great.
St. Croix. Just had no pace whatsoever and the strategy was poor also.
@Browneskiii & @LJM_Stevo - Had never raced either of them before so didn't know what to expect, and both adapted well to the format throughout the season.
@Wobbuffet & @Delaney - I'm sure they'll both agree that it was poor season from them. I guess in their cases it was just the whole car/track combos combined with the new quali format that worked against them. Both will be much better next season for sure.
Only picked it cos I hadn't driven it much before but it was a very good combo of cars so no complaints from me. Both cars were nice to drive and weren't too bad on fuel/tyres etc. Straight line speed could've been better but can't have everything I guess.