F1 Senna Equivalent
- Oct 8, 2018
Main Discussion || Rules and Regulations || Sign-Ups || Team and Livery || Time Trial || Calendar || Results and Standings || Stewards Panel
Apex Online Racing Gran Turismo Sport League presents: The Constructor’s Challenge. A contest of speed in Gr. 3 & Gr. 4 cars around a selection of famous circuits from around the world along with some original circuits developed by Gran Turismo.
As mentioned earlier the focus of this season will be on the Gr. 3 & Gr. 4 race cars alternating between the two classes each round. Drivers will select a single constructor to compete in for the entirety of the 8 round season. All constructors that include at least 1 vehicle for both Gr. 3 & Gr. 4 are permitted however there is a limit of two (2) driver entries per constructor. Racing teams are limited to two (2) drivers per team and must use the same vehicle pairing as your teammate. (fx. A driver team competing for Toyota cannot line up on the grid with a Gr. 3 Supra and a Gr. 3 FT-1.) If a driver is not teamed up with another driver competing in the same constructor they may choose their pairings independently.
Drivers will select a single constructor to compete in for the duration
All constructors featuring at least one (1) Gr. 3 & Gr. 4 car are permitted
Limit 2 driver entries per constructor
Driver teams must use same vehicle pairings (Drivers not teaming up are exempt from this restriction)
Placement Time Trial
As part of your Official Sign Up please complete and post in the appropriate thread your fastest lap at Alsace - Village in the Gr. 4 Bugatti Veyron through the Time Trial function in the offline Arcade Mode with BoP tuned on. (103% power, 100% weight) It is recommended that drivers use Racing Super Soft tyres and turn on the in-game Penalty System as it is to the benefit of everyone involved that the posted times be as ‘clean’ as possible so that drivers can be placed in the race room that best represents their skill level. Setups are allowed for the Time Trial as we have no way to prevent drivers from using them but keep in mind that setups will be prohibited for the races.
When you are satisfied with your time trial, post a screenshot of the Time Trial Ranking Board to the appropriate thread in the AOR GT Sport League forum. A valid entry must contain the following:
(As indicated by the red arrows) Track Name, Your Gamer Tag, The Official Car &
the BoP indicator illuminated. Posts missing any of the required information will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Race Day Procedure
Starting Thursday July 23, 2020 each event will begin promptly at 7:50pm UK time with the Open Lobby Room(s) opening at around 7pm for a bit of last minute practice. In order to ensure the best experience for everyone involved, it is strongly suggested that all drivers enter the lobby at least 15 minutes before the event start time. Subsequent rounds will occur each subsequent Thursday.
Starting Thursday July 23, 2020 & each subsequent Thursday for 8 rounds over 9 weeks
Lobby Open 7pm UK time
Event Start 7:45pm UK time
Please be in the lobby 15 min. Early
Each round will consist of a 40 minute feature race followed by a 20 minute sprint race that will have a reverse position grid based on Sprint Race with Reverse Grid based on the Championship Standings prior to the current round, as we cannot tally the points in the short interval between the feature race & sprint race. (Round 1 will be based on the reverse of Feature Race results.) Qualifying for the feature race will be a one shot, staggered release format, detailed in the Race Information section, for each round.
One shot, staggered release Qualifying session
A number of laps equal to approximately 40 minutes* for the Feature Race.
A number of laps equal to approximately 20 minutes* for the Sprint Race with Reverse Grid based on the Championship Standings prior to the current round. (Round 1 will be based on the reverse of Feature Race results.)
*(The number of laps will vary based on circuit length)
If you are unable to attend a race please contact a league coordinator at least 1 hour prior
to the event start time. Failure to notify a Coordinator of your absence will subject you to disciplinary action up to and including your dismissal from AOR GT Sport League.
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Traction Control System (TCS), Counter Steer Assist (CSA), Automatic Stability Management (ASM), Driving Line, Auto Drive
A Staggered Release Superpole format, new for Constructor’s Challenge 2, in which drivers will be released at an interval and have just one lap to set the fastest time they can, will determine the starting grid for each Feature Race. This has been implemented to create a higher sense of tension and pressure, eliminate the need for slipstream trains, and potentially create more variation in the starting grids. Here is a rundown and tutorial of how things will happen.
- GTSport’s Qualifying feature will be used
- Tyres will be limited to Racing Hards. Fuel Consumption will be OFF, Tyre Wear will be set to 1X.
- Drivers will have an outlap and a single flying lap on track with which to set their qualifying time. Drivers must drive flatout on their outlap, anyone found not to be doing so will be penalised by the Stewards.
- Drivers are not to leave the pits until told to do so. Ensure the brake is depressed as qualifying begins to avoid accidentally leaving the pits incorrectly.
- Drivers will be released individually at an interval by one of the coordinating team calling their name using the in-game text chat. Please ensure you do not have this feature hidden.
- Drivers will be released in 2 groups of 8. The first 8 drivers will be called out, after which there will be a pause to allow all drivers to complete their lap without overcrowding the circuit. Once they have all returned to pits, the second batch of drivers will be released. When the final driver completes their lap, the timer will run-down and qualifying will be over.
- When drivers have finished their flying lap, they must ease off and return to the pits safely using the Pause menu. Do not drive back around to the pits. This may impede a driver behind and does not always work as a means of remaining off-track.
- For round 1, drivers will be released in reverse TT leaderboard order. For the remaining rounds, drivers will be released in reverse championship order. Co-ordinator @GKRT_PinkiiBoii will always leave the pits last as overseer of the session, irrespective of championship position.
‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure will be used for the Feature Race.
The Sprint Race will use the in-game rolling start procedure.
Tyre Allocation/ Pit Stops
One tyre compound will be available for each race. Racing Hards will be used for the Feature Race, Racing Softs will be used for the Sprint Race. Pit stops, while NOT mandatory, are strongly suggested as fuel consumption will be set to 3 times normal & tyre wear will be set to 8 times normal for Gr. 3 & Gr. 4.
● AOR GTSL Constructors Challenge Rd X RR X
● Room Mode: Practice/ Qualifying/ Race
● Room Privacy: Friends Only
● Race Type: Race for Real
● Fixed Room Ownership: Yes (Friends Only room automatically sets this to ‘yes’)
● Max Number of Participants: 16
● Required Driver Rating: (blank)
● Required Sportsmanship Rating: (blank)
Track Settings (Location & Condition for example only)
● Track: Nürburgring GP
● Select Condition: 19:30
● Number of Laps: 20 (Feature) 10 (Sprint)
● Start Type: ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ (Feature Race) | In-game Rolling Start (Sprint Race)
● Grid Order: Fastest First (Reverse Grid Set by Host for Sprint Race)
● Boost: Off
● Slipstream Strength: Real
● Visible Damage: On
● Mechanical Damage: Light
● Tyre Wear: 8x
● Fuel Consumption: 3x
● Initial Fuel: 100 Litres (Max)
● Grip Reduction On Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
● Race Finish Delay: 90-140 seconds (1 lap race time)
● Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
● Time Limit: 10 minutes (Will vary from track to track to accommodate One-Shot Qualy)
● Qualifying Continuation Time: Lap Time +10 seconds
● Tyre Wear During Qualifying: Off
● Fuel Consumption During Qualifying: Off
● Filter by Category: Varies for each round
● Balance of Performance: On
● Max Power Limit: --
● Minimum Weight: --
Feature Race Tyre Settings:
● Maximum Tyre Rating: Racing Hard | Minimum Tyre Rating: Racing Hard
Sprint Race Tyre Settings:
● Maximum Tyre Rating: Racing Soft | Minimum Tyre Rating: Racing Soft
One tyre compound allowed for each race – One compound softer for Sprint Race
(ex. Hard for Feature Race and Soft for Sprint Race)
● Car Number Type: No Limit
● Tuning: Prohibited
● Kart Usage: Off
● Ghosting During Race: Off
● Shortcut Penalty: Strong
● Wall Collision Penalty: Off
● Wall Collision Detection: Off
● Side Contact Penalty: Off
● Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
● Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off
● Flag Rules: On
● Ghost Lapped Cars: Off
Limit Driving Options
● Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
● Active Stability Management: Prohibited
● Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
● Traction Control: Prohibited
● ABS: No Limit
● Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Who to Contact
For league related enquiries or questions, your first point of contact should be a staff member within the Race Room you have qualified for - or the League Coordinator. Upon joining a Race Room, it will be made clear who your Race Room Coordinator is.
Example reasons to contact them could be:
● To inform them that you're missing a race
● To get information about your Race Room
● If you are unhappy about something, either on track or on the forums
If you have an issue with your League Coordinator and would rather discuss the issue with someone else, then seek out another person from the list below and address the issue with them. Our Coordinators and Moderators are expected to remain completely unbiased, and as long as you address the situation sensibly and maturely, they will be happy to discuss any issues no matter who it is with.
AOR GTSL Coordinators:
@Delaney @BL99DY-NINE @Hasnain @GKRT_PinkiiBoii
Last edited by a moderator: