PS4 AOR GTSL S13 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #2 - MAIN DISCUSSION

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
CC2_main.jpg

League Info || Rules and Regulations || Sign-Ups || Team and Livery || Time Trial || Calendar || Results and Standings || Stewards Panel

Hey guys, welcome to the Main Discussion thread, talk about whatever you want here. It's a safe space.

Last edited:

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
*ahem* in the League Info thread, it says we're still using the 10 minute group quali format, which it appears we won't be doing this season. As an aside to that, perhaps a detailed tutorial thread for the new qualifying format might be useful? (I'm happy to write it if the cods want/need)

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
*ahem* in the League Info thread, it says we're still using the 10 minute group quali format, which it appears we won't be doing this season. As an aside to that, perhaps a detailed tutorial thread for the new qualifying format might be useful? (I'm happy to write it if the cods want/need)
It is on my list of things to do. All of which is getting run though when I finish work tomorrow. However, I'll still take you up on the offer to write it up for us. I appreciate it.

Reactions: HRacingGreen

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
Thank God no one was practising tonight. I sold my wheel and the old one, that I thought had a disfunctional pedal, doesn’t work at all. And I’ve even sold that one too. I’ll of cause not sell it to him when it doesn’t work, but still. So tomorrow I’m off to buy a Thrustmaster T-GT, if the shop still has one

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
Thank God no one was practising tonight. I sold my wheel and the old one, that I thought had a disfunctional pedal, doesn’t work at all. And I’ve even sold that one too. I’ll of cause not sell it to him when it doesn’t work, but still. So tomorrow I’m off to buy a Thrustmaster T-GT, if the shop still has one
Ok so I got my self a new tool in my toolbox. It take a bit of getting used to. “Only” 1 sec of my TT time in first attempt.
8437E9AD-6297-4BB4-8134-60816083CB8B.jpeg

D94A16D8-3CD4-4E45-99ED-3D58668ACB40.jpeg

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
Sorry for the delays and confusion but the League Information thread has been updated.

Notable changes from Constructor's Challenge #1:
Qualifying
A Staggered Release Superpole format, new for Constructor’s Challenge 2, in which drivers will be released at an interval and have just one lap to set the fastest time they can, will determine the starting grid for each Feature Race. This has been implemented to create a higher sense of tension and pressure, eliminate the need for slipstream trains, and potentially create more variation in the starting grids. Here is a rundown and tutorial of how things will happen.
  • GTSport’s Qualifying feature will be used
  • Tyres will be limited to Racing Hards. Fuel Consumption will be OFF, Tyre Wear will be set to 1X.
  • Drivers will have an outlap and a single flying lap on track with which to set their qualifying time. Drivers must drive flatout on their outlap, anyone found not to be doing so will be penalised by the Stewards.
  • Drivers are not to leave the pits until told to do so. Ensure the brake is depressed as qualifying begins to avoid accidentally leaving the pits incorrectly.
  • Drivers will be released individually at an interval by one of the coordinating team calling their name using the in-game text chat. Please ensure you do not have this feature hidden.
  • Drivers will be released in 2 groups of 8. The first 8 drivers will be called out, after which there will be a pause to allow all drivers to complete their lap without overcrowding the circuit. Once they have all returned to pits, the second batch of drivers will be released. When the final driver completes their lap, the timer will run-down and qualifying will be over.
  • When drivers have finished their flying lap, they must ease off and return to the pits safely using the Pause menu. Do not drive back around to the pits. This may impede a driver behind and does not always work as a means of remaining off-track.
  • For round 1, drivers will be released in reverse TT leaderboard order. For the remaining rounds, drivers will be released in reverse championship order. Co-ordinator @GKRT_PinkiiBoii will always leave the pits last as overseer of the session, irrespective of championship position.
Tyre Allocation/ Pit Stops
One tyre compound will be available for each race. Racing Hards will be used for the Feature Race, Racing Softs will be used for the Sprint Race. Pit stops, while NOT mandatory, are strongly suggested as fuel consumption will be set to 3 times normal & tyre wear will be set to 8 times normal for Gr. 3 & Gr. 4.

And lastly an update to the rules regarding Penalty Point accumulation:
Penalty Points as of the start of Season 13 (23 July, 2020), will refresh for each driver every 26 weeks, back-dated to the date of the original incident. If a driver would like to see a tally of their own penalty points, contact a league coordinator via direct message on the forum and they will receive a screen shot of the penalty tracker spreadsheet. Requests to view other driver's penalty records will be denied.
At present, each driver has zero (0) penalty points, in accordance with our old policy for penalty point accumulation and tracking.

If you have any further questions regarding the current season, feel free to ask! Good luck and have fun:D

HRacingGreen

Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Sorry for the delays and confusion but the League Information thread has been updated.

Notable changes from Constructor's Challenge #1:

And lastly an update to the rules regarding Penalty Point accumulation:

At present, each driver has zero (0) penalty points, in accordance with our old policy for penalty point accumulation and tracking.

If you have any further questions regarding the current season, feel free to ask! Good luck and have fun:D
Wow that qualifying summary is beautifully written. I wonder who sorted that out ;) :unsure:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Apparently slipstream distance has been reduced in this latest update

Reactions: Delaney

HRacingGreen

Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Just read the patch notes.

• Due to FIA Qualifying being a slipstream fest, they've made the slipstream distance shorter, but slightly increased its effectiveness when within that range.
  • They've tweaked penalties in regards to light collisions. Who knows what this means.
  • There's a new Michelin tyre decal in the livery editor, introducing the "Pilot Sport" branding, which seems to be Michelins primary competition tyre at the moment and is used in semi-slick form by teams trying to beat the Nurburgring lap record.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017

Apparently they've gone back to the sensitive penalties in sport mode, with bump drafting also resulting in a penalty

HRacingGreen

Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015

Apparently they've gone back to the sensitive penalties in sport mode, with bump drafting also resulting in a penalty
Oh wonderful. Exactly what we all wanted.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford

They need to go back to the original system when everyone involved was penalised. At least then it's better than the wrong person. And will make people less desperate if they know they'll get one.

Reactions: jutngo