PS4 AOR GTSL S13 - CONSTRUCTORS CHALLENGE #2 - MAIN DISCUSSION

leedamastr

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2015
I would likely agree with your assessment of that Bl99dy, when I do the in game pingtest its just to give me a good idea of how my connection is and as I've said before, if the result says ping in the mid 20's with all 5 parameters as good, then normally I have a trouble free night lag wise.

However there's obviously a big difference between PD server's and that of a private lobby host, as with the lobby host their connection is being used to potentially be the main point of contact & connection for as many as 15 other people.

The funny thing is though over the past couple years while I've been racing here, when I've gone to the lobby section to find and join Delaney's room there were times when I would only see 2 bars (orange), yet surprisingly I rarely seemed to have lag issues despite that and yet on others when I've seen 4 or 5 bars I've had lag after joining.

As I've said I do find it bizarre, and at this point I'm very much of the opinion that sometimes it is a lottery with how are connection behaves with others on nights and it is out of our hands to a degree, but to be fair generally Delaney's connection is normally solid and I'm not sure there is a better option for a different host when you look at his down/up numbers.

I do remember there was a period back in S2 (I think it was) when we had a couple of mid-race mass dsc's and the lobby closing itself, but since then lobby stability is pretty good in general.
I think the only way you can truly determine if the connection is going to be good or bad is to run a ping test (on speedtest.net) while connecting to a server as close to the host as possible and check the ping. Just done one on phone and it was slightly higher to Copenhagen/Denmark (as the host lives in that country), but still well under the 150ms limit. I always expect ping to be a little higher when connecting to a host server in a different country.

Had one minor issue this week where my connection was faultless on Wednesday night, apart from when F1 2020 decided it wanted to randomly kick me at the start of the race. I've heard that game is notorious for doing that, but rejoined the race and saw no lag whatsoever, very bizarre. I always get 2-3 bar connections (out of 5) on that game to most, but it very rarely fails.

Reactions: Delaney

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
ATTENTION:

In order to place more emphasis on driver initiated stewards reports, the threshold for extra punitive action from accumlated penalty points (pp) will change from:

Delaney said:
If you accumulate 25 points, you will be awarded a qualifying ban.
If you accumulate 40 points, you will be awarded a one-race ban.
If you accumulate 50 points, your league position will be put under review, with the likely outcome of being removed from the league.
-To:
15pp: Banned from Qualifying for the next round
30pp: Banned from participation for 1 Round (Feature & Sprint)
40pp: Removal from the current season's championship and banned for any remaining rounds
50pp: Banned from further competition in AOR Gran Turismo Sport League

Reports initiated by the stewards, (aka Non-Reported Incidents) will also be changing from:

Delaney said:
3 warnings are equivalent to a reprimand an will result in a ban from Qualifying for the next round. 2 reprimands will result in a 1 round ban from competition (Feature & Sprint). 3 reprimands will see the offending driver removed from the current championship and banned from competition for the next Season in AOR GT Sport League. Should this happen again the driver will be banned from further competition in AOR GT Sport League for the next year or at the discretion of the Coordinators.
-To:
5 Stewards Warnings equate to a Stewards Injunction which will award a Ban from Qualifying
2 Stewards Injunctions will award a Ban for 1 round of competition (feature & sprint)
3 Stewards Injunctions will result in removal form the current season's championship and banned from any remaining rounds
4 Stewards Injunctions will see the driver in question barred from further competition in AOR Gran Tursimo Sport League for a length of time determined by the discretion of the Coordinators.

As with penalty points, stewards warnings and injunctions will remain on a driver's competition license for 26 weeks, back dated to the time of the originating incident. The above mentioned changes are effective immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
ATTENTION:

In order to place more emphasis on driver initiated stewards reports, the threshold for extra punitive action from accumlated penalty points (pp) will change from:

-To:
15pp: Banned from Qualifying for the next round
30pp: Banned from participation for 1 Round (Feature & Sprint)
40pp: Removal from the current season's championship and banned for any remaining rounds
50pp: Banned from further competition in AOR Gran Turismo Sport League

Reports initiated by the stewards, (aka Non-Reported Incidents) will also be changing from:

-To:
5 Stewards Warnings equate to a Stewards Injunction which will award a Ban from Qualifying
2 Stewards Injunctions will award a Ban for 1 round of competition (feature & sprint)
3 Stewards Injunctions will result in removal form the current season's championship and banned from any remaining rounds
4 Stewards Injunctions will see the driver in question barred from further competition in AOR Gran Tursimo Sport League for a length of time determined by the discretion of the Coordinators.

As with penalty points, stewards warnings and injunctions will remain on a driver's competition license for 26 weeks, back dated to the time of the originating incident. The above mentioned changes are effective immediately.
How's this come about?

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
How's this come about?
It's one of our (the coords) initiatives to secure a clean or cleaner league. The penalty points has up till now not had any attention. First of all because the pp sheet was cleaned after each series and secondly because the pp were so low, that they would only come in place quite seldom.

mallucm

F1 Test Driver
May 23, 2014
I am afraid I cannot contest the final 2 rounds even though there is space. Thanks though and hopefully I’ll be able to participate in future seasons

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
So when I signed up, I very much recall seeing that we're going to have a drop week after week 7, but now when I try to find that rule, is that still in effect or is it just all results count?

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
So when I signed up, I very much recall seeing that we're going to have a drop week after week 7, but now when I try to find that rule, is that still in effect or is it just all results count?
Yep, after Round 7, only the 6 best results for each driver will count toward their total.

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
The rules can be found here btw, there are some out of date elements that we cods will be working to fix for next season. They are also hyperlinked at the top of the League Info thread.

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
Yep, after Round 7, only the 6 best results for each driver will count toward their total.
Because of this, I am now effectively ahead of Stevo and am P2 overall, does that mean I'll start p14 because I'm ahead or will I start p13 because he's got more points? Obviously it's not a huge thing, but it could decide it at the end of the season.

I'm the only one that actually gains a position so we're the only ones that will be affected. Personally I think I should have to start behind, but obviously it's not up to me.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
Because of this, I am now effectively ahead of Stevo and am P2 overall, does that mean I'll start p14 because I'm ahead or will I start p13 because he's got more points? Obviously it's not a huge thing, but it could decide it at the end of the season.

I'm the only one that actually gains a position so we're the only ones that will be affected. Personally I think I should have to start behind, but obviously it's not up to me.
for a bit of clarification: the drops are not calculated until the end of round 7 in order to give the final round a bit more… drama. As for the placements: that is @Delaney 's department, hopefully he can shed more light on this for you.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Off topic I happened to see in the daily ticker or whatever its called in GT Sport a couple days back and saw the post from Delaney about the Alfa and next season, which reminded me of a couple things I wanted to bring up after watching the racing/testing a few weeks back.

One thing that caught my eye was tyre wear between drivers and that there seemed to be a big difference between some drivers, and I'm concerned whether this was a case of pad users having much higher tyre wear then wheel users on the intermediate tyre - I'm sure this has been looked into but if it hasn't then it should be as there shouldn't be a unfair advantage/advantage between pad & wheel users with regards to tyre wear when we're all driving the same car.

The other is the length of season, seen its planned to start in October and be 4 weeks long (so 4 rounds), could this not be longer like at least 5 rounds?
Baring in mind that this season finishes in under 2 weeks and the standard Xmas cup will take place in December so there won't be enough of a gap to put another series in between the Alfa & Xmas cup, so it would make sense to make the Alfa season slightly longer.

Finally with regards to the planned calendar for the Alfa, I think it would good if the drivers got at least the chance to vote and select one of the rounds we're racing at, if the co-ords are concerned about figuring out laps for that round then they could designate it as a time limit race for that round instead.

Anyway that's what I wanted to bring up regarding the planned Alfa one make season.

Reactions: Delaney

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
The other is the length of season, seen its planned to start in October and be 4 weeks long (so 4 rounds), could this not be longer like at least 5 rounds?
Baring in mind that this season finishes in under 2 weeks and the standard Xmas cup will take place in December so there won't be enough of a gap to put another series in between the Alfa & Xmas cup, so it would make sense to make the Alfa season slightly longer.
Xmas Cup 2020 will be 5 rounds this year to make up the for the odd week. Details on both upcoming seasons are still being hammered out so stay tuned for more details!

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
With GT7 rumoured to be a launch title for the ps5, I assume that this Xmas cup to be the last on GTS if it's true? Or are we staying on here until GT7 is guatanteed to be a better platform for racing?

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
With GT7 rumoured to be a launch title for the ps5, I assume that this Xmas cup to be the last on GTS if it's true? Or are we staying on here until GT7 is guatanteed to be a better platform for racing?
That is valid question, but We really cannot answer that atm.. We will have to see what GT7 brings and how many will be there.

• Agree
Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland
Quick one folks. I can't be arsed with making this a stewards thing, but thoughts on if this sort of penalty should be raised and appealed? Excuse the dodgy audio, didn't realise it was recording my mic.

Basically a very light touch in the back from Mik when I feel I'm breaking on the normal breaking point (Maybe a touch too early for softs) no harm no foul. 1s penalty for me and a drop of three places serving it. Not saying it would have made a difference to my outcome. I remember penalty appeals from a previous season failing because the games the game but it was on track limits. What's the thoughts here?

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
Quick one folks. I can't be arsed with making this a stewards thing, but thoughts on if this sort of penalty should be raised and appealed? Excuse the dodgy audio, didn't realise it was recording my mic.

Basically a very light touch in the back from Mik when I feel I'm breaking on the normal breaking point (Maybe a touch too early for softs) no harm no foul. 1s penalty for me and a drop of three places serving it. Not saying it would have made a difference to my outcome. I remember penalty appeals from a previous season failing because the games the game but it was on track limits. What's the thoughts here?

Surely this is one of them instances where you could finish with the penalty and then get it overwritten? Because that's just the game being retarded. That's the tiniest of contacts and nobody deserves a penalty there imo.

Reactions: Wedgybo

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016

Personally I think that should be able to be appealed, but I'm not sure about the rules so I don't know if you'd have still gotten punished or not for carrying the penalty.

With that being said, is there not a lobby setting where you can switch off contact penalties? Because I thought there was and that we always have it off, or am I imagining that? Haha.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
Personally I think that should be able to be appealed, but I'm not sure about the rules so I don't know if you'd have still gotten punished or not for carrying the penalty.

With that being said, is there not a lobby setting where you can switch off contact penalties? Because I thought there was and that we always have it off, or am I imagining that? Haha.
We turn contact penalties off