GT Sport AOR GTSL S16 CC#3 - RD.2 | INTERLAGOS | GR.4 | 14/01/21

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
With alot of talk about rules and what not, Ash's surprise sudden departure I think I'll try lighten the mood by adding this to the pre-race questions:

4. What Penguin are you?:unsure:
(its pretty quick & only 5 questions)

So apparently I am this penguin:
View attachment 124417
(Damn I look good!:D)

Yellow eyed penguin

You’re the rarest of the rare, a solitary penguin. You prefer the company of yourself and your close friends and that’s just fine. You love the comforts of home and after a long day fishing you like nothing more than to snuggle up in your burrow.
I also got this

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Apparently I’m a

Chinstrap penguin​

You are a real team player! You’re happy to be near others, over a million others to be precise, but there will always be that special someone who you make the long journey back for. While you can put up with cold you enjoy the heat of an active volcano too, making you a very adaptable penguin.
1610488877640.jpeg

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apparently I’m a

Chinstrap penguin​

You are a real team player! You’re happy to be near others, over a million others to be precise, but there will always be that special someone who you make the long journey back for. While you can put up with cold you enjoy the heat of an active volcano too, making you a very adaptable penguin.
View attachment 124433
I never had even heard of a Chinstrap penguin before, but saying that the yellow eyed one is even more outrageous in its existence & appearance.:LOL:

Anyway I'm curious to know whether Browneskii, Stevo & Jamie are Emperor penguins to complete the photo Browneskii mentioned, also I'm interested to know what penguin's HRG, Hasnain & SNS are.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent

I think its a tad unfair that Jamie's going to have to start at the back of the sprint regardless of how he does in the feature, as he's now a full time driver and all points he scores will count (as his drop week will be round 1), so I've had an idea and got a suggestion for the co-ords to consider for the sprint race which would offer a compromise and give Jamie the chance to earn a better starting spot for the sprint and not get penalized for not being able to race round 1. (which was no fault of his own)

The method I'm suggesting is wherever Jamie finishes the feature thats the position he starts in the sprint, so if Jamie finishes the feature 11th he starts 11th in the sprint, this would at least offer Jamie the chance and added incentive to finish as high as possible in the feature and would only cause a very slight change to the starting grid for the sprint, as you would still do the manual grid as normal.

But I would add one caveat to this as this is meant to be a compromise, Jamie would have a starting position limit for how high up he can start the sprint - so basically to avoid and prevent the scenario where should he win or top 3 the feature he would start in the top 3 for the sprint, which obviously would be a bit excessive so can't be allowed to happen.

I think a limit of P9 would be a fair max in these circumstances, so even if he finished 6th in the feature Jamie's starting position would drop down to P9.

I know that last bit to my suggestion would potentially add a slight bit of confusion to the nights proceedings, but I think this method is the only logical one that can be used, because if you did use the standard reverse position instead for Jamie in the feature to sprint, then it would give him the chance to finish towards the back and have a lovely starting spot for the sprint, my suggestion above takes that possibility away but still offers a fair compromise for all involved.

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
I appreciate the concern but its only for one race, after that he'll be placed as a regular driver, so will likely benefit for the next couple of rounds having contested one less round than everyone else anyway, so I don't think we'll be looking to change anything. We want to be as consistent and transparent across the board as we can, so adding in caveats and arbitrations such as you've suggested are not in anyone's best interests really.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I see where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
I appreciate the concern but its only for one race, after that he'll be placed as a regular driver, so will likely benefit for the next couple of rounds having contested one less round than everyone else anyway, so I don't think we'll be looking to change anything. We want to be as consistent and transparent across the board as we can, so adding in caveats and arbitrations such as you've suggested are not in anyone's best interests really.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I see where you're coming from.
Ok thats fair enough, and that is true I guess Jamie will get some benefit from round 3 onwards because of it. (or at least should do lol)

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
I never had even heard of a Chinstrap penguin before, but saying that the yellow eyed one is even more outrageous in its existence & appearance.:LOL:

Anyway I'm curious to know whether Browneskii, Stevo & Jamie are Emperor penguins to complete the photo Browneskii mentioned, also I'm interested to know what penguin's HRG, Hasnain & SNS are.
I also got the yellow eyed one. I'm a shut in that only goes out to go to work or eat.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
But in other news, while this is my favourite track on the game, I'm going to struggle tonight, not done nearly as much practice as I'd like to (totally my own fault though), and my pace is relatively poor round here for some reason.

This could easily be the first time I don't get a podium in an event. I think last week was the denial and anger stage, and now I'm in acceptance mode that my priorities are elsewhere and I'm just not going to be as good as I have been before, which hopefully means I'll enjoy it more and in turn actually makes me a little quicker.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
1. Round 2 brings us to the iconic Interlagos circuit in Sao Paolo, Brazil. What are your thoughts on this legendary venue, and what is your favourite F1 moment from this circuit?
Generally like the track and there's been some great races here. I know people would go with the obvious key moments, but a moment that I always think about is Kimi trying to take an alternate route haha. :LOL:
After this I always hoped it would appear in an F1 game, kinda like an easter egg thing and maybe even associate a trophy with it haha! Alas, it's never happened. =(

2. How did the opening round go for you? Were you pleased with your result? What do you hope for at this round?

Mixed I think is the answer to the first two questions. The Feature Race didn't go as well as I hoped, but the Sprint Race went much better. The win may have gotten away from me, but I was pleased with a podium nonetheless. As for this round, it's going to be really tough. I genuinely think multiple people could win. The first thing though is that based on practice, I'm glad I've closed the gap to the front compared to the last round. The problem is, so has everyone else it seems! Haha. I'd love to somehow manage a podium, but I think top 6 is a must at the very least. The Sprint though, I'm hoping for another podium. Crucially though, I seem to be struggling with my starts so it depends how that goes first. As a rarity for me, I think I'd actually prefer a rolling start for once haha.

3. And finally, predict the Pole Position time, to the tenth (ex. 1:48.1xx)

I'm glad you're not asking to predict WHO gets Pole, as again, I literally think it could be multiple people! As for a Pole time though... I'll go with a 1:38.6.

Super happy to say that I got this one!

:p

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
I also got the yellow eyed one. I'm a shut in that only goes out to go to work or eat.
Starting to believe that the yellow eyed penguin isn't as rare as we're being told...

Super happy to say that I got this one!

:p
And SNS is Pingu apparently.:LOL:

As for tonight after reading that Browneskii was supposedly doing 1:38.8's-1:39.0's a few days ago, my expectations were naturally fully on him to be the man to beat tonight in the feature (like HRG last week) but I guess thats out the window now after reading what you said Browneskii.

With the sprint I think Hasnain & SNS are in a very good starting position to do well from 8th & 9th, in a way though I'm sort of kicking myself for not scoring 1pt less last week as thats the difference between me starting 9th instead of 12th.

Jamie9000000

Formula Karter
Ok thats fair enough, and that is true I guess Jamie will get some benefit from round 3 onwards because of it. (or at least should do lol)
Obviously it's disappointing on me starting last, but I understand why I have to, I don't really mind starting last. And as @HRacingGreen said, it will probably benefit me for round 3 and 4 once I get some points tallied.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
1. Round 2 brings us to the iconic Interlagos circuit in Sao Paolo, Brazil. What are your thoughts on this legendary venue, and what is your favourite F1 moment from this circuit?
Great track, always gives close grids and close racing. Wouldn't say I have a favourite moment but in terms of favourite races I'll say 2012.

2. How did the opening round go for you? Were you pleased with your result? What do you hope for at this round?

Feature race went as well as it could've, Sprint race wasn't great as I went with the wrong strategy but I wasn't expecting too much anyway

3. And finally, predict the Pole Position time, to the tenth (ex. 1:48.1xx)

1:38.8 (from Stevo probably)