Premium Member
Premium Member

HRacingGreen

4x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Update details

Also a BoP change for the Mazda RX Vision but that's irrelevant for us right now

That thing has had a short but hard life it seems.

What does it mean about the 923? My brakes won't be as effective?

Good to see I have another excuse when I don't win the championship now. :D
Sounds like they've reduced the Brake Saturation or something

Yeah sounds like the 923 was possibly hitting 100% before it reached the end of its travel, as if you've been cheating this whole time Browneskii ;)

I'm hearing pit stops are a lot longer now

That's classic, probably only changed for circuits on the FIA calendar though. Not sure what the point is but glad to see them changing the fundamentals after 3 years :LOL:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Certainly looks like 2 or 3 more seasons are on the horizon, driver-base permitting.
Yeah thats true a league only lasts as long as it has a driver base, anyway though with GT7 now being delayed to 2022 just looking through the past seasons here I guess a timeline something like this is in order for the rest of the year? (driver permitting):

S17: Alpine
S18: ?
S19: CC4?
S20: ?
S21: Xmas cup

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Yeah thats true a league only lasts as long as it has a driver base, anyway though with GT7 now being delayed to 2022 just looking through the past seasons here I guess a timeline something like this is in order for the rest of the year? (driver permitting):

S18: Skyline
S20: Porsche 962C

Sorted haha. :D

HRacingGreen

4x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member

S18: ?
S20: ?

Probably CC#4 coming in as S18 I should think but that isn't 100%. Its on a touch and go basis at the moment.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mainly driverbase, but also the appetite for another full CC season. The gap between S11 and S13's editions worked fine so I should think it will be okay.
Yeah its easy to forget about that in a way (just the one season gap between CC1 & CC2), I think looking at the bigger picture now since we know that theres no GT7 this year that its GT Sport or nothing league wise for the rest of 2021.

Though trying to keep things fresh at this stage is pretty much impossible to a degree, I guess for arguments sake you could have 2 more CC's by the end of the year but of course that relies on a want for it from all of us as drivers, I think potentially revisiting old series could maybe now be considered or failing that just have everyone throw there own ideas & concepts into the mix.

One thing/idea I thought of recently was to do single seater again but via the potential of creating a kind of Formula E series using either the RB Jr or SF, the main premise behind it would be simple a 40 minute timed race (FE races use a 45 minute race countdown), one set of racing tyres and no refueling allowed (basically to mimic the battery powerlife a FE car has), the fuel modifier would have to be high enough so that your forced to have to save fuel to make it to the end, (some thing like lasting 75% of the race distance in mix 1 - that way you simply can't keep it in mix 1 the whole race, as the drivers in FE races have to lift and coast a fair bit.)

I know that kind of racing probably isn't everyones cup of tea but thats what Formula E races are about in real life ultimately, anyway the RB Jr has similar speeds to an FE car however the SF has overtake which could mimic the power boost that is seen in that series, either way this is just an new idea I've come up with but I'm sure others will have there own.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
One thing/idea I thought of recently was to do single seater again but via the potential of creating a kind of Formula E series using either the RB Jr or SF, the main premise behind it would be simple a 40 minute timed race (FE races use a 45 minute race countdown), one set of racing tyres and no refueling allowed (basically to mimic the battery powerlife a FE car has), the fuel modifier would have to be high enough so that your forced to have to save fuel to make it to the end, (some thing like lasting 75% of the race distance in mix 1 - that way you simply can't keep it in mix 1 the whole race, as the drivers in FE races have to lift and coast a fair bit.)

I know that kind of racing probably isn't everyones cup of tea but thats what Formula E races are about in real life ultimately, anyway the RB Jr has similar speeds to an FE car however the SF has overtake which could mimic the power boost that is seen in that series, either way this is just an new idea I've come up with but I'm sure others will have there own.
I'm sure everyone knows that I would absolutely love this, however going by voice chats most of the time, most people don't like to save fuel or tyres and just want to drive as fast as possible, so my fear would be people wouldn't enjoy it. Although, I said yesterday in the practice session, I think now that pit lanes are longer, I think we need to at least test out the potential of multiple compounds in a race, and maybe lower the fuel depletion, so people can either completely rag the **** out of the car and try to stop and catch up while others try to save tyres/fuel and stay ahead.

I do think that we need to have another open wheeled series at one point though, even if it's not in the style of FE and similar to what we have now.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Just a quick update for those interested I'll be getting to work on updating the stats by Monday at the latest (well thats the plan), theres definitely going to be some changes to records as a few single season records across the board look to have bitten the dust.

Lastly keep an eye out on the 'Jack Wins 2' thread as well, as I intend to be putting out the proper race details and talking though things for each race.

HRacingGreen

4x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
SIGNUPS FOR SEASON 17; GR.X ALPINE VGT CUP, ARE NOW OPEN! FIND THEM HERE

@HRacingGreen [HRacingGreen91] - British - 13ms
@Hasnain [Hasnain282] - British - 11ms
@Ashracer2011 [ashracer2011] - British - 17ms
@GKRT_PinkiiBoii [GKRT_PinkiiBoii] - Scottish/Indian - 25ms
@mikmakmok [mikmakmok] - Scottish - TBD
@Meg1S [Communist_Minion] - Finnish - 57ms
@BL99DY-NINE [BL99DY-NINE] - American - 119ms
@Heinehegn [Heinehegn] - Danish - 28ms
@Wobbuffet [Ragna_Kagari] - English - 7ms
@SolidNinjaSnake [SolidNinjaSnake] - British - 15ms
@Wedgybo [Wedgybo] - Scottish - 15ms
@LJM_Stevo [LJM_Stevo] - British - 17ms
@leedamastr [X_L33TH3R34P3R_X] - British - 22ms
@jutngo [Jutngo] - Northern Irish - 20ms
@Delaney [RoninGT-Delaney] - Danish - 40ms
@Browneskiii [Browneskii] - British - 14ms
@Jamie9000000 [jamie9000000] - English - 19ms
@corey_butler [MRT-nagaul] - English - 64ms
@Samuel_Rasool21 [MnT_Samuel] - British - 11ms
@passi [road-runner2005] - German - 43ms

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Okay, just the usual unofficial championships of the season post. It's always fun to me to find out who's quick where and all that stuff.

Feature races:
139dfbbce34fa74198f94d6d8dd09fb6.png

What's interesting here for me is that if HRG had happened to win in Fuji (albeit it was unlikely as there was a solid gap) he would have scored the most points in the feature. Even without that, he was only 11 points away from me and well ahead of Stevo who would have still finished ahead in the final championship standings thanks to his sprint races. Generally speaking these were in championship order, but that's what you'd expect when they count for a good 70% of the points earned.

93f628bb473d5832ffd2c7263bfe7fa0.png

Speaking of the sprint, here they also are. What I find really interesting here is that it's the cars which tend to be fast in a straight line that did really well here, which makes sense I guess, as it's easier to pass on a straight than a corner.

3efa23a3a5aeb9ab36e8c0eb947b2ed3.png

For Gr3, I think the interesting thing is the Dodge, despite being called the weaker of the two cars, both drivers were at the top of their standings, me in tier 1, mik in tier 2. Also goes to show just how bad the Gr3 Ford was that two top drivers were barely scoring half the points of the other top drivers. Mclaren were also very bad compared to their Gr4 results.

25e52399d8b245432781daa088f614f2.png

Lee is the best of the rest this time, with his great results in Spa and Red Bull Ring. Stevo showing his consistency with scoring the exact same amount of points in both cars and Bloody and Wedgy struggling in their respective cars. If there was a graph showing overall points after each race, then it'll really show how much the BOP nerf killed the Dodge and Porsche too.

92af8e9eca4f83b9232125014bf3b6e4.png
2d90f7e431d72fe0849520bb917b006f.png

"First stint merchant" HRG wins this by a landslide. Wobbuffet only leading one race all season is a big surprise to me, Stevo won every race he led, and "backmarkers" Wedgy and Heine being best of the rest due to starting near the front of sprints. Poor John was the only full time driver without a lap being led. Only one race was led the whole way, which was obviously HRG at Nurburgring.

If anyone is interested in having graphs per race as well as the overall points, then I'm willing to put them up too, I've literally only just thought of doing it now o_O

Edit:
One final one:
CC3 Overall vs CC2 Overall for those interested: (Both using CC3 points)
5e03e22df14d02030fbd86e2469b21e5.png
01514b72df126563357eb5e911abcfb2.png

Both of the champions were basically inseperable. If I hadn't had let Mik through to beat Lee overall, I'd have had one more point, and if Harry didn't get DC'd in Fuji, he'd have had 1 more point than I did last season.

Last edited:

leedamastr

F1 Race Winner
Also goes to show just how bad the Gr3 Ford was that two top drivers were barely scoring half the points of the other top drivers. Mclaren were also very bad compared to their Gr4 results.
The Gr. 3 McLaren was frustrating to get working properly with the slidy rear, but had the fuel efficiency to make up for it. Just crap driving in round 3 feature race, round 5 in general and missing Fuji did hamper the points totals, though would have not touched the group 4 tally.

HRacingGreen

4x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
My Gr.4 results ending up better than my GT3 ones show just how badly my Gt3 performances were, whereas I think I maxed my GT4 car on most occasions. What a bizarre season.

Thanks very much for the in-depths @Browneskiii, very interesting to see where it came together/fell apart for each of us.