12. @Jamie9000000 [jamie9000000] - British - 27ms
  13. @LJM_Stevo [LJM_Stevo] - English - 12ms
  14. @mikmakmok [mikmakmok] - Scottish - TBC
  15. @Wedgybo [Wedgybo] - Scottish - 11ms
Reserves:

Resigned/Removed:

----------------------------------

Format:
For this season, there will be no Qualifying session of any kind. Instead each round consists of two races: a Sprint-Qualifying Race and a Feature Race. The Sprint-Qualifying Race will run for a number of laps equivalent to 17-18 minutes in length, and the Feature Race will run for a number of laps equivalent to 45 minutes. The grid for the Sprint-Qualifying race for Round 1 will be determined by each driver’s previous season finish. Drivers new to AOR GT Sport League will start at the rear of the grid, in order of their sign-up date. Thereafter, the Sprint-Qualifying grid will be determined by the reverse championship order. See the calendar for individual lap-counts for each round.

Save Your Replay
As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

If you are unable to attend a race please contact a league coordinator at least 1 hour prior to the event start time. Failure to notify a Coordinator of your absence will subject you to disciplinary action up to and including your dismissal from AOR GT Sport League.

Pre-Race Questions:

1. We return to the full Autopolis layout for the first time since Season 7,with the short track only featuring once in that time as well. As a very complex circuit with limited overtaking spots, what are your favourite and least favourite things about this circuit? Would you like to see it feature more or less in the future?

2. Monza saw a more straightforward race in terms of strategy, compared to Round 1, but with Autopolis being a much higher-wear circuit with a long pitlane, how do you see the strategy playing out this week?

3. We've reached the halfway point in the season, how have your first 2 rounds gone, and what do you hope for in Rounds 3 and 4?

4. Predict your finishing position in the Feature Race, and who will be one place and ahead of and behind you.

Preliminary Results
Sprint Qualifier
S17_SQ_RD3.jpg

Feature

S17_F_RD3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Something thats caught my eye from the round info:
1617447041020.png

I can understand why this has been added for this round, but I would have to ask why not just go with the standard advisory procedure we've used in the past at tracks with potential dangerous pit entries?
As drivers have/had free rein basically but its under the proviso that if you cause a accident due to being aggressive in pit entry you'll get a severe pen.

Plus its worth mentioning we've raced here before and never had a pitlane crash back then, so I don't think there was any need for this special advisory in my opinion.

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
I can understand why this has been added for this round, but I would have to ask why not just go with the standard advisory procedure we've used in the past at tracks with potential dangerous pit entries?
As drivers have/had free rein basically but its under the proviso that if you cause a accident due to being aggressive in pit entry you'll get a severe pen.

Plus its worth mentioning we've raced here before and never had a pitlane crash back then, so I don't think there was any need for this special advisory in my opinion.

We had a few drivers have problems with the pit entry here in S13 so felt this was necessary.

It also keeps it fair and consistent for everyone, everyone has to adhere to the same rule and eliminates the "are you feeling lucky" element of gung-ho pit entry. I'm sure it won't come to much anyway.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
We had a few drivers have problems with the pit entry here in S13 so felt this was necessary.

It also keeps it fair and consistent for everyone, everyone has to adhere to the same rule and eliminates the "are you feeling lucky" element of gung-ho pit entry. I'm sure it won't come to much anyway.
Obviously the 'banzai' line you can take would of course be illegal in real life racing, (because you have to cross the white line to maximize the angle for the pit entry) but for me using that method 'luck' has nothing to do with it, it requires skill & precision in its own right of course it does naturally come with an element of risk however its no different to say attacking the pit entry at Mount Panorama or Red Bull Ring etc.

Anyway for me this now raises two further questions for the sake of full transparency & clarity so that everyone will be fully aware of whats what.

So as you'll see below here is a screenshot of the latter part of the pit in here:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210404173919.jpg

My first question co-ords for clarity purposes, when approaching the pit will drivers be allowed to have wheels touch the kerbs here or drive over them at all, touch the grass on the inside of the kerbs or have wheels beyond them on the tarmac at the final part of the pitlane? (as everything I've stated above is beyond the white lines here)

So basically is the white lines advisory only being applied for the start of the pit entry alone and will allow drivers to at least the opportunity to attack the entry of the pits itself, or is it the whole pitlane entry or something inbetween?

Second question for transparency purposes, if on the basis the special advisory is being applied to the whole pitlane entry what will be the time penalty if a driver crosses the white line and touches a kerb for example?

Anyway personally I hope you at least allow drivers the choice/chance to be able to attack the pitlane itself.

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Obviously the 'banzai' line you can take would of course be illegal in real life racing, (because you have to cross the white line to maximize the angle for the pit entry) but for me using that method 'luck' has nothing to do with it, it requires skill & precision in its own right of course it does naturally come with an element of risk however its no different to say attacking the pit entry at Mount Panorama or Red Bull Ring etc.

Anyway for me this now raises two further questions for the sake of full transparency & clarity so that everyone will be fully aware of whats what.

So as you'll see below here is a screenshot of the latter part of the pit in here:
View attachment 125488
My first question co-ords for clarity purposes, when approaching the pit will drivers be allowed to have wheels touch the kerbs here or drive over them at all, touch the grass on the inside of the kerbs or have wheels beyond them on the tarmac at the final part of the pitlane? (as everything I've stated above is beyond the white lines here)

So basically is the white lines advisory only being applied for the start of the pit entry alone and will allow drivers to at least the opportunity to attack the entry of the pits itself, or is it the whole pitlane entry or something inbetween?

Second question for transparency purposes, if on the basis the special advisory is being applied to the whole pitlane entry what will be the time penalty if a driver crosses the white line and touches a kerb for example?

Anyway personally I hope you at least allow drivers the choice/chance to be able to attack the pitlane itself.

I don't think this needs that much explanation/discussion tbh, its not that complicated.

You have to, reasonably, be within the white lines when they begin, and not cut across them to come into the pits. If you don't make it over in-time, you've missed your chance. Thats when penalties will be applied, similar to cutting across the flag at Austria from the far-side of the circuit. Drivers can of course mount the kerb, but shouldn't fly into the pits at 100mph and carry a trajectory beyond where the lines continue into the pitlane. Its a similar concept to the pit entry at Fuji, don't fly in and go bouncing off the wall. There's no pitlane speed limiter in GT so of course we don't expect everyone to slow down like its a real-life pit entry.

Meg1S

Formula 4 Test Driver
Hello guys! Could i once again join and watch you guys race on thursday?

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
The starting grid for this week's Sprint Qualifying Race is as follows:

1617819214079.png

Also a reminder that I am hosting full simulations of both SQR and FR tonight, numbers providing, at 7:45, or 8 at the latest. Lobby is up now for some Free Run practice.

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
1. We return to the full Autopolis layout for the first time since Season 7,with the short track only featuring once in that time as well. As a very complex circuit with limited overtaking spots, what are your favourite and least favourite things about this circuit? Would you like to see it feature more or less in the future?

I absolutely love this track. I used to really dislike it but after enough sweating in Gr.2 cars I've come to enjoy it a lot. S3 is my favourite by far, the flow through that section is unmatched for me. I don't really feel good in S2, but I can live with it and still enjoy it. I would like to see it on future calendars, but it's certainly a polarising location so i doubt it will be seen very much.

2. Monza saw a more straightforward race in terms of strategy, compared to Round 1, but with Autopolis being a much higher-wear circuit with a long pitlane, how do you see the strategy playing out this week?

Strategy is a tough one, the pitlane is relatively long and track position is key. If drivers are kind to their tyres, making fewer stops could be beneficial. however the high-swear nature means that the offset between fresh and worn tyres is pretty substantial. I think we'll see the 1 and 2 stop strategies coverage in a similar way to Catalunya.

3. We've reached the halfway point in the season, how have your first 2 rounds gone, and what do you hope for in Rounds 3 and 4?

Round 1 was almost perfect, while Round 2 was a bit of a missed opportunity in my opinion. To hold the championship lead heading into the last 2 rounds is definitely a good feeling, and the goal is of course to win the championship. I'm hoping to win at least 1 more race from now until the end of the season, but mainly just stay consistent and playing the long(ish) game in order to maximise my points haul is my main focus.

4. Predict your finishing position in the Feature Race, and who will be one place and ahead of and behind you.

SQR:
P1 - @SolidNinjaSnake
P2 - Myself
P3 - @LJM_Stevo

FR:
P1 - @LJM_Stevo
P2 - Myself
P3 - @Wobbuffet

(although I think that FR order could be any combination of that 3)

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
I enjoy driving Autopolis though it isn't the best for racing especially in the quicker cars. I wouldn't mind seeing it in the future.

I think it'll be similar to Catalunya though this track punishes mistakes more so that might also have to be taken into account for strategy

With the pace I've had I don't think they could've gone too much better. Maybe a better sprint race at Monza could've given me a better chance in the feature at Monza but I don't think it'd have made too much difference. Just hoping for a clean run in the remaining races

5. Mik
6. Me
7. jutngo

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
1. We return to the full Autopolis layout for the first time since Season 7, with the short track only featuring once in that time as well. As a very complex circuit with limited overtaking spots, what are your favourite and least favourite things about this circuit? Would you like to see it feature more or less in the future?
The last time for me was in the first Super Formula Season I believe, which was a good round until I got hit off in both races... As long as that doesn't happen tonight, I'll be happy haha. Generally I don't mind the circuit, although tyre wear for me can be a pain. Reminds me a bit of Kyoto in that regard. I'd probably say for it to feature more though just to add the extra variety of tracks.

I may be wrong but I've been feeling like this race will be a lot like Catalunya, which I'd happily take if it means the same results as there haha. :p
I think there'll be some split strategies but tbh for me personally, I don't think either will affect my result in regards to the faster drivers.

I think it's been good so far. If I can maintain a 5th or higher finish in the remaining races I'll be satisfied I think, but I'd like to get a podium or two.

4th or 5th with @Wobbuffet ahead, @Hasnain behind OR Hasnain ahead, @jutngo behind.

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
What a satisfying set of results.

Sprint Race was super manic in the opening laps, I think of the 3 strategy options (stop L1, Stop L2, Stop later on) I picked the best for me, as with the start that @LJM_Stevo got there was no way I could pull a great result out on the same strategy with 3 or 4 cars between us. Went for the L2 stop with a tyre change, while @Wobbuffet took the extremely bold L1 stop with no tyres. In the end I jumped a good number of cars, but Stevo's tyre advantage was too much so I eventually had to let him go as battling would gain us nothing. @SolidNinjaSnake had also taken advantage of a good starting position and start to take a comfortable lead, one I knew it would be super difficult for anyone to get close to. Settled into P5 until Wobbie started to slip back, passing him in S3 after his battle with Stevo. I had hoped Stevo and @Wedgybo would battle and allow me to catch but they were too sensible, while my tyres were really not in a good way having done 8 laps on them. In the end P4 was the maximum considering how poor my start was and the density of the traffic, and to be ahead of Wobbie was good too as he was only 5 points behind heading into this round.

Feature Race started awfully. Tried the cold start but fluffed it entirely and lost a place to Wobbie straight away and nearly lost more, saved only by the chaos behind coming out of T1. Stevo took Wedgy pretty quick and set after Solid so I knew I definitely needed to get on with it. Thankfully, after a lap or two, Wobbie made an aggressive move on Wedgy which allowed me through as well, and then made an error at the exit of T8 and ran off, picking up a penalty too and allowing mw through into T10. I dropped Wobbie fast, surprisingly fast if I'm honest, leading me to ruminate on his strategy options. Set off after Stevo and SNS and caught them quite quickly. When Stevo passed SNS at T1, Snake made an error on exit and allowed me to follow him through. I was then told in the party that Wobbie had gone off quite a few times, and I was surprised to hear this. Followed Stevo for a few laps until going for the undercut on L7, again backing my pure pace and the belief that the 2-sotp was better for me than a 1-stop. This was an undercut I was surprised to get anyway, as I didn't think Stevo would allow me to take it.

Emerged in plenty of clean air, and jumped Stevo by a few seconds for P1. Passed a few one-stoppers from then on and had a solid 2nd stint, if not a perfect one. My fresh tyre pace was unmatched in my opinion, but my pace on worn tyres wasn't ideal so I'd gain some time in the opening 3 laps and then lose some time throughout the stint. Pitted L15 from the lead and emerged behind the remaining 1 stoppers and some slower 2 stoppers. Once I got clear air I chased down Solid and passed him at the first time of asking pretty much. Once again, with 1 lap fresher tyres and better late-stint pace, Stevo did catch me (plus a small battle with SNS cost me a second or so) and put me under some pressure on the final lap, but I came home with what felt like a comfortable win in the end.

Overall, I was really happy to come away with another win and an extension of the championship lead. I was quite surprised by Wobbie's poor form but it worked for me, and took net gains over Stevo and Solid via my FR result. My pace felt very good and I felt consistent too, however I wasn't too pleased with my poor tyre saving and that did cost me as the races went on, even tho this was probably a side effect of my great early pace.

18 point lead heading into the final round is a good cushion, but the races at Tokyo will be so unique and not like anything we've seen before, so I really won't be feeling comfortable until its signed, sealed and delivered. A 31 point deficit in the Teams championship sadly looks unassailable at this stage, so its just about outscoring JC Speed for P2 at the final round.

Congrats to Stevo and SNS on their podium finishes, and extra shoutout to @Wedgybo for his amazing performance with P2 in the SQR and P4 in the FR. One of the best performances I've seen in a long time, and definitely showed just what he's capable of when things fall right for him.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Well firstly naturally I know full well raising that stewards will go down as well as a lead balloon but for me this had to be raised and its valid, it goes back to the age old argument when we didn't let the game police the track limits of 'how much is too much' and with this pit entry rule that was brought in for this round, for me despite its importance being play downed the reality of what I've seen in pit entries from the race replays is that there was many different interpretations of what 'reasonable' meant when for taking the whole pit entry here.

Case and point, heres what I and everyone (surely) would call a proper fair textbook pit entry and this was SNS's during the feature:

Now he stayed inside the white lines on entry and slowed down enough to make sure he took the final part without even touching the last kerb, but those who know about where time can be gained & lost, will know full well looking at that he gave away a bit of time to other drivers by doing that, I saw many in the replay go not just over the final kerb crossing the white line there considerably (just before the pit in action sequence begins) but a few actually touch the barrier or nearly did, so I have to ask is that reasonable or fair in comparison to SNS's pit entry?

But because there was no clear black or white rule for that part of the pit lane drivers were left with there own interpretation of what is an acceptable pit entry and just taking what you said here HRG:
Drivers can of course mount the kerb, but shouldn't fly into the pits at 100mph and carry a trajectory beyond where the lines continue into the pitlane. Its a similar concept to the pit entry at Fuji, don't fly in and go bouncing off the wall.

And when you look at the race replay yourselves, you'll see several drivers that will go beyond the lines that continue into the pitlane but is it fine because the speeds weren't excessive? Or do you draw the line at those who have a light barrier touch there?
Just where is the limit and what is fair, as in theory I could've made a second stewards solely for drivers who went beyond the lines there yet if I do your probably looking at least 9/10 drivers being hauled in for that stewards, all because that statement above is a bit ambiguous with regards to that inbetween, its not black & white due to a person's own interpretation and as evidence by peoples pit entries tonight.

And as for the sprint there were 5 drivers in that race that I saw crossing the white line at pit entry in that race (similar to the feature stewards thread I raised) I didn't even look at the end of pit entry's of that race and as a full disclaimer as I ain't no saint either, I was aggressive in the latter part of pit entry in the sprint, yet funnily enough my feature stops were fully within the bounds as stated by HRG.

Now @BL99DY-NINE @HRacingGreen @GKRT_PinkiiBoii, despite your best intention with what this rule was brought in for the first place, I saw several drivers who still either crashed/clipped the pit wall barrier so this rule brought in didn't really work at all, and if your following the rules that you yourselves made for this round and be fair to those who followed them fully (even at the cost of giving away time), then I would surely expect to see a stewards for the sprint race and one for the attacking pit lane entries as well. (its why I've not raised a sprint race stewards etc)

Finally I don't expect anyone to be happy about the stewards I raised and what I've said here, but I'm been fair with this even though for example I know its pointless for Jack to be in that stewards thread (because he finished a lap down and was last), but its the principle that I still have to include him to be fair to everyone else, as one of the most important things when racing is for the rules to be clear, precise, black & white and apply equally to all, no grey areas otherwise this can happen (again)...

HRacingGreen

3x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Well firstly naturally I know full well raising that stewards will go down as well as a lead balloon but for me this had to be raised and its valid, it goes back to the age old argument when we didn't let the game police the track limits of 'how much is too much' and with this pit entry rule that was brought in for this round, for me despite its importance being play downed the reality of what I've seen in pit entries from the race replays is that there was many different interpretations of what 'reasonable' meant when for taking the whole pit entry here.

The advisory was not there for drivers to make Stewards Enquiries about, the co-ordinators conduct our own review of the replays and assess whether any action needs to be taken, hence the immediate closure of the thread. The advisory was implemented to give us a tool to take on those who would take a late swing across the circuit from the racing line into the pits, not even making 2 wheels over the white line before it started. As we could see in some of your examples, there are some drivers who in fact breached this rule and they are likely to receive penalty for that. Drivers who made clear effort to make it over the line before it began, but were perhaps very close to/over it with their outside wheels, are not going to be penalised. I think the definition of "Reasonable" is quite clear.

Now he stayed inside the white lines on entry and slowed down enough to make sure he took the final part without even touching the last kerb, but those who know about where time can be gained & lost, will know full well looking at that he gave away a bit of time to other drivers by doing that, I saw many in the replay go not just over the final kerb crossing the white line there considerably (just before the pit in action sequence begins) but a few actually touch the barrier or nearly did, so I have to ask is that reasonable or fair in comparison to SNS's pit entry?

You yourself asked if we could attack the kerb, I said yes. You cannot now turn around to me and say we have been ambiguous on that front. Drivers going flat out into the pitlane were my biggest bugbear, as I said, so SNS braking hard and early and taking a slow entry is as valid as braking late and attacking the kerb. The main point was the line on the circuit being breached, and bouncing off the wall *to gain an advantage*. If drivers did not breach the line in an obvious or deliberate way, and made the turn into the pits, there will be no penalty. The speed at which that was taken was up to the driver. This is like saying "well the white line is the edge of the track so he went slowly to stay within it, but that guy pushed the limit and gained time while staying within it, that isn't fair". Its nonsense.

And when you look at the race replay yourselves, you'll see several drivers that will go beyond the lines that continue into the pitlane but is it fine because the speeds weren't excessive? Or do you draw the line at those who have a light barrier touch there?
Just where is the limit and what is fair, as in theory I could've made a second stewards solely for drivers who went beyond the lines there yet if I do your probably looking at least 9/10 drivers being hauled in for that stewards, all because that statement above is a bit ambiguous with regards to that inbetween, its not black & white due to a person's own interpretation and as evidence by peoples pit entries tonight.

And as for the sprint there were 5 drivers in that race that I saw crossing the white line at pit entry in that race (similar to the feature stewards thread I raised) I didn't even look at the end of pit entry's of that race and as a full disclaimer as I ain't no saint either, I was aggressive in the latter part of pit entry in the sprint, yet funnily enough my feature stops were fully within the bounds as stated by HRG.
Now @BL99DY-NINE @HRacingGreen @GKRT_PinkiiBoii, despite your best intention with what this rule was brought in for the first place, I saw several drivers who still either crashed/clipped the pit wall barrier so this rule brought in didn't really work at all, and if your following the rules that you yourselves made for this round and be fair to those who followed them fully (even at the cost of giving away time), then I would surely expect to see a stewards for the sprint race and one for the attacking pit lane entries as well. (its why I've not raised a sprint race stewards etc)

As I have said, we will review all entries to the pitlane. However, if someone took the pitlane entry correctly and bounced off the wall, there's very little we could do about that. The idea of this rule was to prevent people cutting in front of others heading into the pitlane, as well as trying to reduce crashes involving multiple drivers at pit entry (as we saw in S13) by ensuring everyone stays more conservative into the pits.

Finally I don't expect anyone to be happy about the stewards I raised and what I've said here, but I'm been fair with this even though for example I know its pointless for Jack to be in that stewards thread (because he finished a lap down and was last), but its the principle that I still have to include him to be fair to everyone else, as one of the most important things when racing is for the rules to be clear, precise, black & white and apply equally to all, no grey areas otherwise this can happen (again)...

No, you're quite right about that, we are not happy about it, as it was not your place to raise this Stewards Enquiry. To follow it up with this post once again gives us the sense you are trying to cause rifts and disagreements between drivers, or at least between drivers and co-ordinators. You may have disagreed with the rule, that's fine, but I do not appreciate this "GOTCHA" moment if you think we've made a mistake or a driver has breached the rule. As I say, this feels purposely antagonistic and is not the first time its happened either. No other driver raised concern about this rule prior to the race and nobody has raised concern since. One driver asked for specific clarification in private and I gave it to him, and he was satisfied. If you'd like to discuss further, we can do so in private, but this is the end of this discussion in public.

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Had a lot of fun last night. Wasn't expecting much at this track at all and was hoping just to be in the midfield if possible but things went right and I didn't completely drop it for a change! So I've actually got something worth writing about.

Sprint: P2

Quick move on @Heinehegn at the start and a fun battle to contest it pretty much all through S2 was pretty key as he has shown pretty decent pace in this car. I was gifted a few spots with contact between @GKRT_PinkiiBoii and @BL99DY-NINE in S3 letting me through and then finally taking @kimisimi7 in T1 of the next lap gave me clear air. @Jamie9000000 had made his way through and I thought it wouldn't be long before he's on my tail based on practise. Somehow though I'd managed to find enough pace to keep the gap big enough.

Going into the pit stop window I opted to go a lap longer to make life easier at the end as I had a decent enough gap up front. In hindsight it wasn't so smart as @SolidNinjaSnake who ran the undercut appeared at my side exiting and we had a short lived battle in to T1 which he won. From there I expected him to drive off but I was able to keep him within range to maybe try and push towards the end on fresher tyres and see if we could force anything.

After catching @Wobbuffet who was clearly starting to struggle on the unchanged tyres I thought this might be my chance to start putting some pressure on Solid. Before long though @LJM_Stevo and @HRacingGreen were through were catching up and on the last lap I started to focus more on Stevo behind than trying to catch Solid as I just didn't have the pace. Managed to fend off an attempted into T1. Thought I left enough room but might have just squeezed a bit too hard. No contact but I believe he put a wheel on the grass and it likely saved me on the entry into T2, sorry about that. Then I fluffed the hairpin going too deep and thought he would be through there but fortunately managed to hold it through S3 and claim 2nd.

Was chuffed with this and actually putting in a defence against the top tier was a nice feeling after the disaster of Monza.

Feature: P4

After the practise race the night before I knew the 1 stop would be better for me as I didn't have the outright lap pace to make a 2 stop competitive. Just had to keep it on the track. ***** start meant Stevo was passed in T1. Next lap @Wobbuffet and @HRacingGreen were through on T1 as well. Didn't want to fight too hard with these guys as I knew I'd be going long and just wanted to try and run at the pace I was comfortable doing. Was just trying to hang on to the back of @Wobbuffet and save go juice until he was able to break away. Few laps later I went deep in the last corner with @Hasnain behind. I tried to give space but looking at the replay, it looks like there was a slight touch which knocked him slightly out of line and then understeers off the track. Sorry about that buddy. I'm not sure if this changed your strategy or not, but more on that later.

Then had @mikmakmok pushing to get passed. Again I was just trying to run my race so I wasn't putting up a hard defence and after I saw him and the majority of the field pit on lap 9 I knew it was game time. Head down and bosh in the laps and keep it on the track. Pitted on L11 came out in clear air an just rattled through the laps. Hasnain was about 3/4s behind so I was just focusing on that gap. Caught up to Bloody who was coming in for his 2nd stop at just the right time so there wasn't much time loss fighting. Surprisingly I thought @Wobbuffet was on a 1 stop and when he pitted the next lap I was thinking ok we could be on for a decent result here.

The last 5 laps @Hasnain had reeled me in and the focus increased just trying not to make any small errors that would give him the run on me. The last two laps our tyres must have been shot as we were both starting to slide on exit. At one point going side by side into T1 and both of us drifting out of it. He took a few decent attempts at getting passed and on the last lap we were pretty much side by side through most of S2. I thought I'd lost it when I didn't defend the inside of the hairpin early enough, but thankfully just had enough traction on exit to be side by side and have the inside for the sweeping right. Then it was just parking it on apexes through S3 trying not to run wide so he couldn't get his nose up the inside. Not going to lie I was sweating trying to keep 4th and loved it! So thanks for the decent battle mate. I've no doubt you'd have been 10s up the road if it wasn't for the off earlier and I'd have been driving to the line alone in 5th or 6th. But I'm secretly glad you did as that battle made my night. Replay is cracking too :D

Anyhoo. Chuffed with my best result combined in just over a year racing here now. Congrats to @SolidNinjaSnake @HRacingGreen @LJM_Stevo on the wins and podiums!

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Had a lot of fun last night. Wasn't expecting much at this track at all and was hoping just to be in the midfield if possible but things went right and I didn't completely drop it for a change! So I've actually got something worth writing about.

Sprint: P2

Quick move on @Heinehegn at the start and a fun battle to contest it pretty much all through S2 was pretty key as he has shown pretty decent pace in this car. I was gifted a few spots with contact between @GKRT_PinkiiBoii and @BL99DY-NINE in S3 letting me through and then finally taking @kimisimi7 in T1 of the next lap gave me clear air. @Jamie9000000 had made his way through and I thought it wouldn't be long before he's on my tail based on practise. Somehow though I'd managed to find enough pace to keep the gap big enough.

Going into the pit stop window I opted to go a lap longer to make life easier at the end as I had a decent enough gap up front. In hindsight it wasn't so smart as @SolidNinjaSnake who ran the undercut appeared at my side exiting and we had a short lived battle in to T1 which he won. From there I expected him to drive off but I was able to keep him within range to maybe try and push towards the end on fresher tyres and see if we could force anything.

After catching @Wobbuffet who was clearly starting to struggle on the unchanged tyres I thought this might be my chance to start putting some pressure on Solid. Before long though @LJM_Stevo and @HRacingGreen were through were catching up and on the last lap I started to focus more on Stevo behind than trying to catch Solid as I just didn't have the pace. Managed to fend off an attempted into T1. Thought I left enough room but might have just squeezed a bit too hard. No contact but I believe he put a wheel on the grass and it likely saved me on the entry into T2, sorry about that. Then I fluffed the hairpin going too deep and thought he would be through there but fortunately managed to hold it through S3 and claim 2nd.

Was chuffed with this and actually putting in a defence against the top tier was a nice feeling after the disaster of Monza.

Feature: P4

After the practise race the night before I knew the 1 stop would be better for me as I didn't have the outright lap pace to make a 2 stop competitive. Just had to keep it on the track. ***** start meant Stevo was passed in T1. Next lap @Wobbuffet and @HRacingGreen were through on T1 as well. Didn't want to fight too hard with these guys as I knew I'd be going long and just wanted to try and run at the pace I was comfortable doing. Was just trying to hang on to the back of @Wobbuffet and save go juice until he was able to break away. Few laps later I went deep in the last corner with @Hasnain behind. I tried to give space but looking at the replay, it looks like there was a slight touch which knocked him slightly out of line and then understeers off the track. Sorry about that buddy. I'm not sure if this changed your strategy or not, but more on that later.

Then had @mikmakmok pushing to get passed. Again I was just trying to run my race so I wasn't putting up a hard defence and after I saw him and the majority of the field pit on lap 9 I knew it was game time. Head down and bosh in the laps and keep it on the track. Pitted on L11 came out in clear air an just rattled through the laps. Hasnain was about 3/4s behind so I was just focusing on that gap. Caught up to Bloody who was coming in for his 2nd stop at just the right time so there wasn't much time loss fighting. Surprisingly I thought @Wobbuffet was on a 1 stop and when he pitted the next lap I was thinking ok we could be on for a decent result here.

The last 5 laps @Hasnain had reeled me in and the focus increased just trying not to make any small errors that would give him the run on me. The last two laps our tyres must have been shot as we were both starting to slide on exit. At one point going side by side into T1 and both of us drifting out of it. He took a few decent attempts at getting passed and on the last lap we were pretty much side by side through most of S2. I thought I'd lost it when I didn't defend the inside of the hairpin early enough, but thankfully just had enough traction on exit to be side by side and have the inside for the sweeping right. Then it was just parking it on apexes through S3 trying not to run wide so he couldn't get his nose up the inside. Not going to lie I was sweating trying to keep 4th and loved it! So thanks for the decent battle mate. I've no doubt you'd have been 10s up the road if it wasn't for the off earlier and I'd have been driving to the line alone in 5th or 6th. But I'm secretly glad you did as that battle made my night. Replay is cracking too :D

Anyhoo. Chuffed with my best result combined in just over a year racing here now. Congrats to @SolidNinjaSnake @HRacingGreen @LJM_Stevo on the wins and podiums!
Yeah was a very fun battle, I was saving tyres in the first stint anyway for the 1 stop so strategy didn't really change from that. Was my own fault anyway, should've been more patient. Congrats on a great performance from yourself.

Congrats to Snake and Harry on their wins and well done to Stevo on his podiums

LJM_Stevo

Formula Karter
I’ve slept since the races so can’t remember everything and the order which it happened

SR- 3rd. Decided to the full 4 laps on the first stint as even though I was in traffic I felt the extra grip in the 2nd stint would help. Nearly hit Jamie and Harry at the s3 hairpin on my outlap as didn’t account for the slipstream. Luckily Jamie must’ve seen this and avoided. I passed Harry t1 due to superior grip. Hunted wobb next and after wedgy passed at the hairpin I went for a move at the fast right and we were side by side for a few corners until he went off at the double right. Last lap was fighting wedgy and we were side by side through t1 but couldn’t make the move. Had 2 wheels on the grass but I’d have done the same in that situation if I was in wedgy’s position so no complaints.

FR- 2nd. Good enough start helped me pass wedgy at t1. Was then stuck behind sns for a couple laps during which Harry had quickly caught up after being held by wedgy and wobb. I passed sns at t1 after he went too deep but Harry followed me which meant he was on my backside until lap 7 which he undercut. Harry mentioned in his report that he was surprised I didn’t pit lap 7. Didn’t give it a thought. My plan regardless was to do 3 8 lap stints. Not much happened second stint off memory. Was just trying to do consistent laps to try and stay with Harry who was 2-3 seconds ahead. Pitted lap 16 and the gap didn’t really change between me and Harry so my aim again was to do consistent laps and if we caught sns who one stopped to capitalise on any fighting. There was fighting and I gained 1-1.5 seconds but Harry got passed before I could really join. I passed sns t1 with a fairly late move but I passed out of surprise sns turned as late as he did which I assume was down to tyres. Finished 1 second off the win which I’ll take considering a) it’s one of Harry’s favourite tracks and b) is never driven the full track before this season

Not looking forward to Tokyo expressway next week. I’m not gonna be near the front of initial thoughts but hopefully with practice I can get there or thereabouts. Podiums the targets. Wanna try and get 5 on the bounce which no one has done yet this season. (Me and Harry I believe have 2 doubles) but anyone correct me if I’m wrong

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Sprint Race - P1
Started P11 and had a lucky exit for T1 with a slow @jutngo and @mikmakmok where there was just enough space for me to squeeze through between them to move up two positions straight away. Gained another two positions after @BL99DY-NINE and @GKRT_PinkiiBoii went off where I just narrowly avoided Bl99dy rejoining the track. I then made up another four positions on the second lap which were all just in sector 3, with the last two being lucky as they had a bit of contact with each other which allowed me through. (I did have a bit of contact with @kimisimi7 myself but I'm not sure if they slid before or after it, but apologies nonetheless.)

I then had a bit of free air with @Jamie9000000 ahead by 1.5 seconds and decided to do the opposite of whatever he did. He ended up staying out and so I pitted on Lap 3. I rejoined in P9 behind @Wobbuffet by about 4 seconds who had pitted on the first lap. Once others had pitted on the next lap, I found myself just close enough to get alongside @Wedgybo for T1 as they rejoined the track and was able to make the pass to move into P2. I continued the chase to RK and finally got to the back of them on Lap 7 with the battling beginning on Lap 8. Thought I missed my chance at T1 after going too deep on the outside but got another chance at T2 and got the pass done. From there, I just tried to keep it on the track (which I almost went off at one point) and finished to win the race!

Feature Race - P3
Started on Pole and I didn't get a great start off the line, but thankfully no one had an amazing one nearby it seemed, so I was able to remain in P1. Remained in the lead while I figured @LJM_Stevo behind was just biding their time until Lap 5 where they went for the move. I tried to defend but went a bit deep and onto the grass a little which allowed him and @HRacingGreen through. I tried to keep up but to no avail before HRG pitted on Lap 7. I was then expecting Stevo to do something different and do a one-stop, but they pitted on Lap 8. Beforehand I was hoping at least one of the two would two stop as I had already decided to go for the one-stop, so then it would make the race more interesting haha. So I ended up staying out and retaking the lead of the race until my stop on Lap 11. I did consider Lap 12 but it was a bit touch and go on the fuel, so I played it safe.

I rejoined the track in P4 and unfortunately, ended up close behind @mikmakmok. I could have done without the hold up but on the positive side, we had a great battle which made the race all the more fun. Eventually on Lap 14 I'd get past and moved into P3, before again retaking the lead once @HRacingGreen and @LJM_Stevo made their second stops. Unfortunately they didn't get held up throughout the race as much as I'd have liked haha, and were soon on the back of me on Lap 21. I tried to fight them back once overtaken but it was a long shot and ultimately failed. In the end I'd have to settle for a P3 finish.

Conclusion
Very happy with the results this round! Wasn't expecting either race to go so well but managed to grab another win and another podium which was great. I said that I didn't think the strategy would make a difference for me which was right I guess, but I was happy with how close it ended up being though at least! Glad I went with it as had I just done the same and two-stopped, I'd have most likely finished behind by 10 or 15 seconds like Monza again and had a lonely race.

Congrats to @HRacingGreen on their win and to @Wedgybo and @LJM_Stevo for their podiums! (y)

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
If you'd like to discuss further, we can do so in private, but this is the end of this discussion in public.
Why not in public? I thought this was a very black and white issue, if someone went over the line, it's a penalty. You can't just suddenly say that you only need to make a "reasonable" effort to stay on that side. What's reasonable?

Having watched the race as a spectator, SNS would have jumped Mik in the pits if he had taken the **** with the pits, but because he was probably a bit lenient with it, he lost more than most and ended up behind mik for a good few laps, and it definitely cost him the fight for the win.

Its a bit like the Le Mans rules from S14, it only punishes the people following the rules if there's no strict penalty for going over the limit. There's not a grey area for me, anyone that went over the line, even only slightly, should be penalised, especially as this rule was specifically brought in for this race. If I've learnt anything about league racing in the decade of doing it, it's don't try to police something the game doesn't allow you to.

Which then begs the question, why choose this track if you knew it had this issue? There's plenty of tracks that we've not raced on, or haven't raced in many seasons, why not use one of them?

Imo, there were three choices, either there's a black and white penalty with no exceptions, you choose another track, or you allow it.

Can't help but think that locking the stewards thread and then saying no more speaking about the issue is abusing your power a little bit tbh.